Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That lonely feeling...

That lonely feeling...

This I hope will start an open discussion and I’m sure there have been many threads similar to it. But I’m curious how everyone handles the scenario I find myself feeling.

My wife is accepting and does her best to understand, however:

We have rules and I accept her feelings must be respected 100%

So,

I’m not allowed to cross dress around her or in the home. I only get to do it when I stay in hotels. This creates that lonely feeling. Like it’s hid away. At times, I desperately want to express my feminine side in a physical sense with dressing up but it can be weeks for that next opportunity.

When I do - it feels great in the moment... but the realisation is, it’s a lonely place and can get me down at times.

So my question to anyone and particularly anyone in a similar situation, how do you manage that lonely feeling?

Hi, Dannie.

Some folks here join support groups to meet like minded folks. If that’s not your thing, try attending pride events in nearby towns from time to time if you’d like to go out dressed.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hi Dannie,

I 2nd the idea of a local support group. It can give you an opportunity to meet and socialize with like minded individuals. You won't even have to dress up to go if you don't want to or can't. I went to more meetings in drab male mode than I ever did dressed.

This would also give you another reason to go the hotel route to get ready OR the group may have a changing area where you could change on site.

Good Luck!

Thank you

That’s a rule too: not allowed to go out dressed.

I’ve started with joining this forum first for interaction with like minded. Social groups is a good idea, I’m just not in that sort of place where I’m likely to meet with others.

To paint more of a picture. I totally understand why I can’t do it at home. We have kids, it’s too risky plus it makes my wife uncomfortable. She did try a while back but it was awkward and she doesn’t want to see me like that.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

That’s great you can go not dressed up. Even better there are ones that have on site changing areas.
    What scares me is i am very much male when with male friends. I can’t imagine talking to someone while I or both individuals are cross dressed. Even if it does bring out more of my feminine characteristics which I bury most of the time.

You should know that you’re not alone. A lot of girls go through this. Unfortunately for you, the spouses’ rules have pretty much cut you off from the possibility of social interaction, the desire for which seems a natural part of the CD progression. I would encourage you to talk to the wife and find out they WHY behind her rules. Why doesn’t she want you to go out dressed? Is she afraid someone will recognize you? Then maybe you could go to another town or city to dress. Is she being overly protective because she’s afraid you’ll be mocked or made fun of? Then perhaps a makeup class to improve your presentation so you blend in better? Is she afraid for your safety? Maybe let her know about local safe spaces like gay clubs or LGBTQ centers where you could hang out.

Some places it is nearly Imposible to form a support group
    Or even find friends with similar interests
    I tryed for ages to get a group started in tBhe Wichita Falls /
    Amarillo area , no luck
    So what is one to do

JAS

Quote Originally Posted by Dannie1 View Post
    I can’t imagine talking to someone while I or both individuals are cross dressed. Even if it does bring out more of my feminine characteristics which I bury most of the time.
    I was a little thrown by this. So are you saying that you’d like to meet other men who crossdressers but don’t actually want to be dressed when that happens? If you’re not comfortable enough to be around people while dressed, I’m not sure how you’re going to reconcile the lonely feelings when you do.

I’d like to. It’s just I never have. Wife is the only one seen me dressed. More to do with confidence and the unknown.

Just my opinion, take it for what its worth, but if you are dressing when out of town, what is stopping your from exploring?
    Even if it's only a drive around the block, you would be out in the world, and that's a start.

We fear the unknown, so going out for the first time can be a nerve wracking experience, but trust me that the pitchfork & torch wielding angry villagers only exist in your mind
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

You are pretty much boxed in.

I think a support group and not a social group would be better for you.

You don't need to be dressed and you can work on you.

I am part of one that meets once a week at a LGBT center. So it is privet.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    She doesn't seem to be very accepting and understanding to me. Good luck with that.
    I do not have any advice, I live alone and have no lord and master.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    Just my opinion, take it for what its worth, but if you are dressing when out of town, what is stopping your from exploring?
    Even if it's only a drive around the block, you would be out in the world, and that's a start.

We fear the unknown, so going out for the first time can be a nerve wracking experience, but trust me that the pitchfork & torch wielding angry villagers only exist in your mind
    This is just so exactly true. Of all the times I've ventured out in the wild, I've never had an adverse encounter. People are just absorbed in their own agenda and generally don't notice. I even invite a little close scrutiny just to see if anyone notices.
    People are generally docile and friendly. I've had some very pleasurable conversations while out as Carla. Granted, it's always with women and in generic settings but part of the experience is to pick the proper venue. Just go out and have fun with it. And don't dwell on the fact that the experience is unique to you and non inclusive of your spouse. We are allowed to be individuals in this life.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Your plight is mirrored by the vast majority of men who enjoy/need to wear women's clothing. I've been married almost fifty years. My wife has never seen me attired as a woman. When we were newly married we did incorporate lingerie for me into bedroom play. When our first child came along there was a decrease in wearing lingerie. Then when my interests advanced and we BOTH realized there was more to my desires than she could handle or we could explain/understand. Since the early 1980's it has been a deep "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." The times I was able to dress was briefly Sunday mornings when she took the kids to church/Sunday school. I had maybe up to three hours of fem time. I was fortunate for awhile to travel for my job. There were time when I was away for five days. I always have to chuckle a little when I see pictures posted for cross dressers in hotel rooms; the worn carpet, the air conditioner by the window, the security locks and exit plan on the interior side of the door. That was the extend of my extended time to be en femme. My wife did tell me it was alright with her if I went to a support group. I looked. Nothing was around in the 1980's. Now there is possibly a group in my area, but, it is geared to the very young crowd. It's more of a drop in store front for young people and not limited to cross dressing men. Having completed my seventh decade on the planet I doubt I would fit in. En drab it is hard enough to fit in with young people anyway unless they are family.

I'm sure your wife, like mine, is terrified of people finding out you're a cross dresser. Would her social life fall apart? Would she be shunned at church..or worse kicked out? Lose her job or chances for advancement? Our secret becomes a shared secret. My wife, like many women, felt isolated. She had nobody to confide with her feelings and concerns.

I would recommend you scope our the area and see if there is a support group. If there is, then open a discussion with your wife. There is always a risk you will be discovered. What happens if you were to drop dead in a hotel room? Isn't it better to drop dead at home so she can cut the clothes off your dead body before the coroner shows up at the front door?

I can understand a wife's desire not to see her husband all dolled up and emulating a woman. It's not the person she married. My wife retired this past week. When she was working I had full days to be en femme. I did not feel lonely although I was alone. I had plenty of domestic chores to do around the house. I was not twirling in front of a mirror. I was cooking and baking. I was changing bed linens. Doing the laundry and ironing. It was still a life of isolation but I was not lonely. Perhaps your wife can take the kids to grandma's house or on an outing for the day and call before she comes home. Just promise not to drop dead while she is gone. There is always a risk.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 06-12-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Interesting read. Thank you for that.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Seems to me your wife does not respect you and doesn't care about your needs.
    Shipping you from your home you pay for and legally own to some motel room somewhere.
    I would feel so awful if a partner treated me that way.

It’s an interesting point. But of course there are layers to it. Compromise to save my marriage being the main one. I love her truly. It was necessary to keep things going. She is well aware it has left me feeling alone in this instance. There has been no answer to the issue I’m facing. I’m not sure it will ever change. Should I be grateful she at least still wants to be with me and that I CAN dress up still? I know a lot of men do not have this and have less opportunity or even face divorces over it.

I'm allowed to dress at home in front of wife and kids.
    I also have to accept wife's feelings, but if I had to respect them 100%, I would insist on the same 100% respect back.
    In fact that's why wife helps me dress and assist if required, to leave the house and return by making sure other "friends" aren't within sight.

Wife has also encouraged hotel away, but as you say it's lonely and expensive, so I use Airbnb, meet some cool people.
    Last year I stayed with an elderly couple, had meals with them, helped around the house, went shopping for decorations with the wife (husband wasn't interested in girl shopping) and they took me out for breakfast on my last day.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

First, let's be honest; your wife doesn't accept, she tolerates. Maybe that might put it in a different perspective for you.

I am also in DADT, with ground rules similar to yours, except I'm allowed to go out, even locally. But, I still can't change in the house.

I'm in a social group, and one time we had almost 100 girls at a get together. We meet at a restaurant/bar at a local hotel, and we often have very fun interactions with the normals. Some girls travel hours for these social events and stay overnight in the hotel. Someone has usually shared their hotel room with me so I can change if I need to, but I have done it in the car or in the bathroom when necessary.

I know you don't want to violate the rules, but I've also gotten dressed when out of tow on business. I got my first makeover, met with a social group in Houston, and had dinner and a private shopping event in Denver.

There's also underdressing. I wear panties a lot when I can't dress. I've also had my toenails painted and hidden under sox for months at a time. I also take yoga classes. For several years I've gone to yoga class in obviously womens leggings, racer back tops, and of course, nail polish. The classes are mostly GGs, and not only do they accept, but they encourage my dressing. I even asked one of my yoga instructors what color nail polish she was wearing because I wanted to buy some for myself.

I do all these things either because they are in keeping with the rules, or thr rules do not permit or prohibit. I sincerely hopes this gives you some ideas, ans maybe opens up a conversation with your wife.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I would say your right with the whole tolerate wording. But we are trying to make it work, the thought of not being with her is unquestionable. I never meant for what happened to happen. Maybe it was always dormant but when it came to the surface I’d hoped she would enjoy having me all girly and that it would a fun thing to do together. Didn’t quite pan out that way but she hasn’t left me or kicked me out. I try to see the positives. I would hate to lie if she asked have you ever been out dressed when I know she would end it. Even though I don’t see how this would affect her if I’m doing it out of town when I’m away.
    Maybe a trust issue. If I met someone like me would I cheat basically. She knows how opened minded I am. So I guess she thinks there’s a risk I’ll meet either a woman who does like it or another cd. It’s hard to reassure when you’ve changed so much since when we first met. Feel like I waffled on there but I’m sure there are plenty in this situation just based on all the comments on this thread.

Banned Read only
    Dannie ,
    Many support groups accept members in drab and also offer changing facillities .

This is a complex question , on the one hand your wife partner says what she does and doesn't like , most of us tend to go along with it because we say we love them and don't want to upset the apple cart .

Now the other side of the coin is you are a human being with your own needs and wants , is it right we accept our lives being controlled in this way , the question is do you suppress or control your wife in anyway ?

Ther problem most of us face is we can apparently turn the need on and off according to our wives/family so the question is why can't we turn it off permanently . We really need to decide how much the dressing means and how deep the feelings go ? Suppressing long term isn't good for our mental health , you can't live a compromised lifestyle forever !

All good points. I certainly can’t turn it off. I would say I carry a lot of feminine traits even when not dressed so it definitely runs deep and perhaps I can make it so it’s not too obvious at times. There’s no control. I don’t think. Fear on both sides- possibly. Genuine love for each- definitely.

That’s great you can go not dressed up. Even better there are ones that have on site changing areas.
    What scares me is i am very much male when with male friends. I can’t imagine talking to someone while I or both individuals are cross dressed. Even if it does bring out more of my feminine characteristics which I bury most of the time.[/QUOTE]
    I think you will get over that quickly. I felt that way my first time at a group, but I was over it before I left the first evening. It's scary the first time, but you quickly come to look forward to it.
    Last edited by April Rose; 06-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannie1 View Post
    Thank you

What scares me is i am very much male when with male friends. I can’t imagine talking to someone while I or both individuals are cross dressed. Even if it does bring out more of my feminine characteristics which I bury most of the time.
    Dannie,

I can say from experience from the very first social group I attended, that I thought I was going to feel like a fish out of water, I'd be the odd one out. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was warmly welcomed and was sat chatting away like we were old friends within minutes. It didn't feel strange or surreal. It felt totally natural. Don't forget, they had a first time to so know where you're coming from.

It's an easy mistake to make by prejudging things. Treat these things with an open mind.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    April,
    These are options for Dannie to consider , we are talking about social groups rather than help groups but the point is they are there to help people if they wish to be helped , it gives people the option to dress safely when they have no where else to find that outlet and that is the point of Dannie's thread .

Such amazing comments from everyone. Now considering social groups as a genuine option. I’ve never met anyone (that I know of) who does what I do in private. Be interesting to give you all feedback once this happens. Not saying it’s something in the near future but you have all made me consider it as a real option.
    What did you find yourself talking about, that’s got me wondering. “Hey fellow cross dresser?” Lol. That’s my nervous humour reacting on my first time in a social group if i imagined it. Hopeless... 😂