Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did it start for you?

How did your transition start for you?

Did you always feel more femme than male or did you start experimenting with crossdressing and it progressed from there? Obviously it doesn’t fall neatly into those two categories, they’re just examples of what I’m asking. But what’s your story…?
    Last edited by Chloe_S; 06-09-2019 at 11:45 AM.

I was 5-6 when I wanted a dress! I did not get one! Sad! Then it was Panties only in my teens! Sporatically through 20-40's! I had no idea what all this was about! Maybe just naive or ??? At 65, my wife passed away! Next month, I was buying panties! Then I got on the net and ended up here! I have grown a lot in the last 3 years! I basically started just wanting to see my feminine side thus Lana Mae! Back at 5-6 the girl that caused me to want a dress was Lana! Mae was my mother's middle name! Short answer is yes it progressed from crossdressing to where I am now! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I remember when I was in cub scouts we did a play and I was very disappointed when i did not get the female role. I would have gotten to wear a very frilly Mexican type skirt and blouse. It was about then i realized the sears and roebuck catalogs had the lingerie section and I spent lots of times looking and wondering what the items would feel like wearing them.
    A couple of years later I was staying with my aunt for a couple of weeks during the summer. On a rainy day my female cousin and I were wondering what to do and my aunt suggested for us to play dress up. Well not only did I get to wear a frilly dress but I got to wear everything that females wear under their dresses. Long story short I spent the rest of my visit wearing my cousins things and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    I remember when I was in cub scouts we did a play and I was very disappointed when i did not get the female role. I would have gotten to wear a very frilly Mexican type skirt and blouse. It was about then i realized the sears and roebuck catalogs had the lingerie section and I spent lots of times looking and wondering what the items would feel like wearing them.
    A couple of years later I was staying with my aunt for a couple of weeks during the summer. On a rainy day my female cousin and I were wondering what to do and my aunt suggested for us to play dress up. Well not only did I get to wear a frilly dress but I got to wear everything that females wear under their dresses. Long story short I spent the rest of my visit wearing my cousins things and loved it.
    Interesting experience!

I’ve always had an obsession with breasts and beautiful women. As I got into pre-adolescence, I started to wonder what it would be like to have breasts so I started experimenting with rolled up towels stuffed into one of mom’s bras under my regular clothes. It got to the point where I would stay home alone while the rest of the family was camping so I could have breasts all weekend. The rest of the garments started falling into place from there.

It started with satin under skirts when I was about 8 years old. It then moved to skirts, bras and blouses.
    Suddenly I was fully dressed and enjoyed the variety of different outfits, styles and colours.
    My normal attire was shorts and football shirts as out in public I was a lads lad but in my own secret mind I loved the feel and look of been a girl.
    Things have moved on since and my amazing wife helps me improve and perfect my look and style, but I still have the lads lad look outside the house.
    Xx

When I was about 10 or 11, since my parents ran a pretty tight shop and there wasn't anything else around the house to satisfy my adolescent curiosity, I started looking at the lingerie section of the Sears and J C Penney catalogs. After a while I realized I was becoming just as fascinated with what the models were wearing as I was with the models themselves. Things just grew from there.

I began by wearing my mothers tights. I always wondered what it would be like to dress fully. I did not do it until I was about 50. But once I did I loved it.

Banned Read only
    Well I have always felt feminine, and I think in fourth grade I noticed girls in my class started wearing training bras I remember thinking "I should be wearing one of those"...

The rest is history, as they say.

Growing up, I lived next door to two sisters and we would play together. I was around 8 or 9. One day, they were playing “dress up” and asked me if I’d like to join them. At first, I just watched...fascinated. They had some lingerie which drew my attention....especially nylon stockings, so I joined in. The instant I put on nylon stockings, I experienced very pleasurable feelings. That, to this day, started my cding progression. Hose, of all kinds are still my #1 favorite pieces of lingerie.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar

Red face In your head, since a very young kid.

Realized I wanted to be a girl at about 4 or 5. Switched underwear / panties with a gg friend at her house. Yes she was my age 4 or 5 also, the panties felt correct. Progressed from that point, nearly 60 years later.

Aspiring Member
    I started when I was about 5, back then there was a thing called latch key kids, and I was one of them.

My mom would wash her panties and hang them up in the washroom to dry. I was fascinated, whenever I was in the washroom (door closed) I would feel the texture of the panties and there were so smooth, compared to the drab male underwear I was wondering.

One day after school, curiousity finally caught up to me and I decided to grab the pair of panties and try them on. It felt so amazing and so right. Since then, I have not looked back.

Boy, seems like allot of us started at about 5. What I remember is my older sister dressed me up in her Ballerina outfit and after that I was hooked!
    I wore that Ballerina outfit every chance I got until it didn't fit any more. I remember wearing the tights to school in 1st grade.
    Maybe a physiologist can fix me, LOL!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 06-09-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Around the age of five for me as well. "Borrowed" a pair of my mothers nylon granny panties and never looked back.

My earliest memory was also around the age of 4 or 5 when my mother dressed me in a pair of panties since all of my drab undies were in the laundry.. and the rest is history as they say...it wasn't till I was in my late 50's when I was divorced and found myself living alone that it has progressed to full blown dressing and outings . As an aside, somewhere in the back of my mind I remember reading something about our personalities are forever etched into who we will be by age 5 give or take a yr. That might explain why so many of us go that far back in our memories.

for me I was 10 or 12 years old I would go in the attic where we rented. A lade renting there stored things up there being an only child I had alone time so I'd go up there and try her dresses, skirts and what ever I could find. My dressing went on and off till June 2006 when I got my wife to let me wear a skirt one very hot day . Now retired I dress about 95% of the time

When I was three or four the girls of the neighborhood were playing dress-up. For whatever reason they dropped the dresses on the sidewalk and were playing across the street. I said to a friend, "Wouldn't it be fun to surprise them by dressing in their clothes?" And we did, partially. We were spotted before we had gotten dressed and dropped the dresses and ran away. Little did I know that to me it wasn't just 'fun' to tease the girls.

For me was around my 5 or 6 years old but I unconsciously had forgotten it may be erase from my memory because what I had in my mind was in my early 20s that, as a joke, I wear the whole day my of my wife's panties, a thong. I look my butt in the mirror and found it very sexy. Never again wear men's underwear.
    Later being on therapy I start remembering those childhood hidden memories and later in teenage days trying ky sister panties and bras.....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I too was 5 or 6 when I first had the inclination to try on my mom's clothing. First it was panties and I just loved the feel and look of the nylon styles she wore. Then I tried on a bra and the rest, as they say, was her-story.
    It just felt so natural, even at that age, to wear these things. Later on I tried on a few of her girdles, and stockings and then heels and a dress. I never looked back from there. I just wish I had had the courage to tell her how I felt back then. I feel she would have been understanding and perhaps I would be in a totally different place today.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Cheryl, it's never late. I'm 60 in September. My transition began around 14 years ago but in HRT 13 months now.
    This is the real me that people see now. No more hiding g...and I'm happy with a wife, 3 sons and one grandson...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Short version: Molested as a kid, told that god made a mistake and that I was supposed to be a girl, told that repeatedly over the next seven years and winding up believing it and trying to understand why. When you look for reasons for something, sometimes you start to see them even if they aren't really there. From then on, it become a self fulfilling concept, and, would pray and pray for god to fix me, all the time trying to learn how to be the best little girl that I could be. By the time I was in high school I had been believing it for many years, and only felt normal when dressed and trying to imagine what it was going to be like as a girl, and practiced behaving as one.
    Seems growing up believing stuff like this just might affect a mind permanently, because even once I figured out none of it was true, the feelings never seem to go away.

Long version link is in my sig below.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I started wearing my sisters bras and panties when I was about 7 by the time I was 9 my breasts had outgrown her little B cup bras. Today I have average C cup breasts and since Im now dressing for public outings I use silicone over lays to go up one full cup size. The point I would like to get comments on. The over lays add about a pound to each breast and the thing I notice is that when I’m wearing them it’s as if that’s what has been missing. Something that should’ve been there all my life and I’m not talking silicon and they are not overly large for my body type. Anyone else feel that way?
    If someone would ever take me by the hand and clue this dummy in on how to post a picture on here from a iPad I would get my picture up.

When I was about six I became aware of girls wearing petticoats. For some reason my first reaction was I want to wear those. I never wanted to be a girl and always thought it was unfair that boys couldn't wear the same clothes as girls. I did wear petticoats and everything else and still do 60 years later.

Wow! What fascinating responses to an important question. Pretty much the same story for me. First feelings at 4 or 5, experimenting at 7 and 8, told my mother I wanted to be a girl. Got denied (it was 1953). Went into denial and suppression for almost 60 years with a secret second side of me I went to when seriously dysphoric. In 2012 decided I could no longer fight her and came out. Hellish at first, but then settled into a comfortable pattern with an agreeable DADT pattern between my wife of 50 years and me. She allows but does not want to see me fully dressed, which I rarely do anyway. But my bits and pieces approach is acceptable so long as it is not strongly evident.

The pattern that all the folks here have expressed is exactly what the psychologist have found to be true of nearly all CD/TG people. Late bloomers are rather rare. That evidence for this being some kind of predisposition that once triggered, usually as children, can never be turned off completely. Pretty typical predisposition pattern. No mental illness or perversion - it is just the way some people are constructed. You are all so wonderful.

Ironically, my wife started it! She knew I was transgender but brought up the idea of wearing female clothes to put together an age appropriate wardrobe for work, as I was still wearing the same outfit for twenty years. I'm am XS petite hourglass, which means you can't find men's clothes! Anxiety issues. Age in which it can be hard to get another job. Not only did I get lots of female tops inexpensively via Ebay but also VS PJs! She had body issues and wouldn't go near VS. She brought up underdressing with panties but I didn't go there while she was still around. A few years later I realized that retail therapy would really be helpful. Especially since I had lots of closet space to fill.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 06-11-2019 at 06:21 AM.