Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too old to get ears pierced?

@ Diane Smith

At age 9???? I'm really curious, if you don't mind sharing.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Got mine done when I was 14. And I'm 40 now. Haven't taken mine out in soo many years. When I was in my early 20's, i started to follow the Gauge your ears out trend. But i thankfully stopped at a 4 gauge. And let them close up a lil bit. I've had 10 gauge rings in for about 15 years. I throw in large white or pink hoops in when I CD. I say Pierce them!! Your never too old sweety
    Last edited by Kaylin; 06-09-2019 at 10:27 PM.

I was 50 and at last free of the corporate world. At last I could do the things I could only do in private previously, and since then I have many good comments and absolutely no nasties.

I got my left ear pierced at my 40th birthday - delayed until then because i thought my Mum would disapprove - she didn't notice - I had to tell her. I got my other ear pierced about ten years later. Now at 69 I wear earrings in both ears all (most) the time. I have collected a lot of odd earrings because of my wife losing one of hers and giving me the remaining one.
    Wear whatever suits the occasion and enjoy.
    Cheers
    Robbie

Platinum Member
    I have 8 holes in my ears and 61 years old only difference is .... there is none

Aspiring Member
    I am mid 60s and occasionally get fed up of losing an earring or the difficulty of finding clip-ons to buy as I will not buy anything online ever to protect local shops. The reason I will not be getting my ears pierced is not because I am afraid of looking feminine but simply because my male 'look' is incompatible with earrings. I have had my clothing personality done as both male and female and the verdict on the male one was "no jewellery except a very good watch". I agree with this - I like being a man and looking good as a man as well as wearing womenswear and I don't see a need to mess one up for the other. I have shaved legs and armpits and that is enough - and no one sees these when I am in male clothes.

Mine have been pierced since somewhere in my 40's (about 20 years ago).

I current wear small yin/yang posts in both ears, and they're in 24/7. I don't remember the last time I had them out (I know, I know - I should take them out, clean them, etc...)

the only comments I've had on over 10 years is "Where did you find those earrings? I'd love to get some!"

If you want piercings, why not? Unless it'll cause problems at home, that is.

Reason 1? not true.
    Reason 2? You'll have to judge for yourself... I don't know them.
    Reason 3? There's a MUCH wider selection of pierced earrings - and precious few (if any) "OK-In-Male-Mode" ones.
    Reason 4? Unless you're over the top in your choices, who's going to notice such a small thing - or care?

It sounds like your problem isn't getting your ears pierced, but your wife's worries and fears about it. I'd suggest the two of you talk it over, and work it out.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rhonda , It took me 72 years to pierce my ears, I did double studs in each ears on PI Day 3/14/15
    then a couple months later I did a third stud in each ear,

My wife was against it but helped me do it, I usually wear triple Diamond studs and sometimes I will wear a
    small 1/4" to 3/4"small hoops in the bottom or bottom and middle holes.

When I had them pierced and someone said anything I would just look them in the eye and ask,

"Is this going to be a problem for you" and that just takes the wind out of their sails. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Rhonda,

I have not yet had mine done and pretty much for the same reasons as you. I am 54 and would get then done in a heartbeat but at this time I'm working with my wife on other crossdressing issues sho pierced ears haven't made it to the top of my list yet. At 68, if my wife were on board I wouldn't hesitate.

Elizabeth

I had mine pierced at 65! I wear my pearl earrings the most and in male presentation! Only ever got compliments on my pearls and a pair of heart shaped studs with rhinestones!
    Discuss this with your wife and try to allay her fears! Best wishes! Hugs Lana Mae
    As a side note: My wife encouraged me to get mine pierced and I did not want them pierced then!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    You forgot to mention the excruciating pain! Pain that lasts for weeks!!

Jodi, actually the pain was short lived, but it was an exquisite experience. Not that I'm into SM (well once in a while), but this was truly a pleasure. All psychological.

Mmmmmh

Banned Read only
    Talking about pain and discomfort , I've been put off slightly having my ears pierced because both my daughter and wife developed severe infections , my daughter had to give up on earrings altogether and my wife had to let hers heal before having fresh piercings done .

I don't find clippons painful , all you have to do is adjust the tension on the spring clip , I can wear them all day without a problem , in fact I often forget to take them off until I put my head on the pillow at night .

I was 58, and already retired and widowed, when I got mine pierced. I had tried clip-ons for two years prior to that, while going out socially en-femme - and they pinched, hurt, and sometimes fell off at awkward moments, like on the dance floor. My adult daughter lives with me, and has been supportive of my feminine self-exploration since it began, several months after her mom passed away. (I had remained deeply in the closet while married, and only barely even thought about feminine urges during the last few years of our marriage.)

Getting them pierced hurt far less than wearing a set of clip-on earrings. Not at all the kind of pain or duration others expressed. I got it done at a Claire’s earring shop in the mall, while en-femme, and no one there even commented on my age. My starter pair of earrings were a single 3 mm or so cubic zirconia in a gold setting, which I wore non-stop for several months while the piercings healed properly. The daily cleaning process - wiping around the studs with a solution-dipped q-tip - was a bit of a chore, but also soothing. Until I hit six months, I wore simple post earrings every day, defaulting to my original set or to a pair of 3 mm gold ball studs when I was not going out. After that I could wear the ‘fish hook’ style dangly earrings when wanting to be feminine. No one ever commented on them or thought it odd that a man my age had pierced ears. The biggest advantages? Pierced earrings do not hurt to wear them, and the selection of styles is much better.

The first person to comment at all was my little sister... She had not seen me since Christmas, and right after that holiday visit was when I got them pierced and also got acrylic nails done. She came to our new home four months later, to visit and to help my daughter and I unpack, and I had not mentioned anything yet to her about me cross dressing. She noticed the French cut, clear polished nails first, noting almost in passing that they looked rather feminine, but did not follow up on that. At lunch, she also commented, “I see you got your ears pierced. And you’re growing your hair longer.” Not a negative, just sort of questioning that I had done so. I used to wear a 12” long ponytail, even as a balding guy, so that was no big deal. But even with all those things combined, plus that I was now shaving the hair off my arms, which she did not notice or comment on, she still did not really question my motives. I almost came out to her then and there, but did not want to do it in a restaurant. And she ended up leaving before the conversation drifted that way again.

When in male mode, at first I kept it to simple, small studs. No one seemed to notice at all, or to think it odd. I tried more obvious but still unisex designs, like a quarter inch silver and black yin/yang symbol. Still no comments or odd looks. A year or so later, before I began living full time female, but as I became more comfortable with being openly gender fluid, I started wearing studs that were small orange foxes, or other cute designs. And still, even in male mode at a home improvement store, the only comments were positive ones.

Right after my 61st birthday, I started living full time as a woman, and began medical transition. So it is no longer an issue at all for me.
    Last edited by Ceera; 06-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Not at all too old.
    Just do it and enjoy the styles and freedom of pierced ears.
    I did mine at 55 and wish I had done it when I was 20.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Harrison Ford anyone?

Personally I got my left ear done 30 years ago at 17. Then at 27 I added another 2 to that ear and one to the right. Practice wife didn't like that so I let em heal up (though the holes may have lasted longer than the wife lol).
    Wifeling opines she wouldn't have liked that. She said this long before I started CDing so that's just where she's at with me and my ears generally. She has said' they're your ears, do what you want' but honestly it's never mattered enough to me to want to steamroller her feelings that way. Clip-on aren't perfect but they're good enough.
    I couldn't ever imagine not having the left though. I feel naked on the insanely infrequent times I don't have a ring in.

Not sure why but getting my ears pierced is where my wife draws the line. We go out in public and she has no qualms. But bring up getting the ears done and she gets all up in arms. I'll live with it. She makes jewelry and will make or convert pierced styles to clip ones for me.

Quite a few of us seem to have pierced our ears at 50 or above - add another to that list - 59 for me!

Rhonda, my plan is to get it done when I retire at 72.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I got my left one done at 50. Wife was not pleased, but ok with it. Right one done at 55. After divorce with then GF, encouraged me to get it, she thought it was sexy to have both ears pierced. (she did know of my crossdressing and was very OK with it)

Go for it, whatever your age.

Got both ears pierced at 53. My wife suggested it and actually pierced them for me. Everything was soaked in ethyl alcohol, she put a cork behind the lobe and pushed a stud through, exactly as had been done for her as a teenager at a market in Malta. No pain, no problems and I now wear jewelled studs (various coloured gems) everyday and larger dangly styles for girls nights out.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Huh? Too "old" to get pierced? What's age got to do with it? If you get pierced at 30 and you turn 80 you don't stop wearing earrings. Go for it, age shouldn't matter!
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...