Thread: "Don't wear a dress"

"Don't wear a dress"

So I was at the cardiologist on Thursday (I have a mild arrhythmia and they like to see me regularly) and it was time to schedule my next stress test. They wanted me to do a "stress echo" this time -- basically an intense treadmill session followed by an echocardiogram. The nurse came in to get it scheduled. I was wearing my usual daytime outfit: knee-length skirt, woman's top, Keds, light makeup and my hair back in a headband. The nurse went over the list of dos and don'ts for the test, most of which I already knew.
    "And don't wear a dress," she said. I smiled and nodded and she went on to explain why it was not a good idea to wear a dress.
    She wasn't smirking or joking, she wasn't approving or disapproving, she was just going over the item as she would with any woman, or any man who wears women's clothes. She was very matter-of-fact and pleasant about it and made me feel comfortable, rather than the opposite.
    I'm not sure why that pleased me so much but every time I think about it I have to smile.

Its the little things. A thousand little things like this that add up
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Macey, YES! That is a nice description of my experience since I began crossdressing fully in public and regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Macey View Post
    Its the little things. A thousand little things like this that add up

Banned Read only
    Tracy,
    Surely it's common sense if you have to use a treadmill , I'm sure any woman would see the sense in that . I had to go for an X-ray and thought it sensible to change from a skirt to a pair of jeans and flatter shoes .

I recall a reply from a member whose wife was a doctor and she made the point that even if they choose not to say anything they may not be totally happy especially if it appears to be some sort of sexual kick , please don't abuse the medical profession was the message !

The objection to the dress might have been the difficulty in placing the echo probe over the heart. Maybe a sports bra would work.

I really like that story, thanks Tracy. She treated you exactly the same as any other person who might be likely to turn up in a dress, and explained the practical reasons why that would be a bad idea for this specific test. I would be really happy to be treated like that too.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Nice. The words of...acceptance. Just everday life.

So you wore a skirt instead?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    The objection to the dress might have been the difficulty in placing the echo probe over the heart. Maybe a sports bra would work.
    You'd have to take that bra off, too, for an echo, or they may have to push it around a lot to get the video they want. I don't like to make it any harder for the technicians to do their job, than necessary.

I suppose a dress that opens at the front might be okay, because sometimes they have to access much of the front of your chest to get the imaging they need, but it's best to just wear what they suggest. In rare situations, we have to access both front and back to get all the leads that the doctor wants. I've only had to attach chest leads on someone's back about a dozen times over my 40+ year career, but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    So you wore a skirt instead?
    A skirt and top would work, but the top would have to come off and you'd wind up wearing a patient gown instead.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    You should smile, after all just to be treated like a "normal person" is all most of us really want.