Thread: Help please

Help please

Having an awful time trying to post - must be doing something wrong - obviously. Will try a fourth time: Over the years familiar
    with the term "lgbt' but recently the 'q' was added. Know it means queer but what seperates it from first four letters?
    Stupid me
    julie
    Summer-wear time

It does not stop with the Q, there is an even longer abbreviation:

LGBTQIAP+ An acronym that stands for: Lesbian; Gay; Bisexual; Transgender; Queer; Intersex; Asexual; Pansexual; + (meaning "not limited to")

I copied the above text from a support site, I tried pronouncing LGBTQIAP+ without saying the letters individually, it's impossible for a native English speaker, maybe there is some other language on this planet using the latin alphabet in which it is possible to pronounce 5 consecutive consonants before a dipthong then another consonant and a mathematical symbol, but in English LGBTQIAP+ is an abbreviation not an acronym. All acronyms are abbreviations but not all abbreviations are acronyms. Rant over, sorry.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I just refer to it as the alphabet community.

Just add a few more and than you can just call them people or human's. LOL.

If you can't laugh at your self .....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    All it is really a bunch of those trans ,intersexed etc got pissed off and felt like they weren't included.
    Poor little SJWs must have had their feelings hurt.
    You know the baby that cries the loudest get all the attention.
    I have pretty much lost the desire to be connected with the LGBT because their higher ups have made it all too political.
    The Q was added maybe 10 years ago or so.

If you are going to be a warrior for something, social justice would be the most justifiable thing.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Last edited by Jodie_Lynn; 06-16-2019 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Reference to politician

Banned Spammer
    April if you treat people how you want to be treated yourself there would be no need for social justice.
    Just because you are trans,gay or whatever doesn't mean you have the right to demand more than anyone else.

Thank you Tracii, for succinctly stating what I wandered around!

Does it serve any purpose to go full nuclear every time someone says something we don't like?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    I totally don't expect everyone to like me or what I am but then again I don't demand that they do.
    If you go nuclear you come off as a spoiled little baby.
    A new gay friend of mine asked if I was going to pride this year and I said no way.
    He said oh good those people are way past crazy I don't want to be around them.He said all the fun is gone at pride because its all political anymore.

Last edited by Jodie_Lynn; 06-16-2019 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Reference to politic

I am not arguing to justify the lack of social skills. There are plenty of ways to stand up for one's beliefs without being preachy or hysterical. To me, being called a snowflake is badge of honor. Because you stood up for yourself in a way that the person you stood up to didn't like.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Spammer
    You have every right to do whatever you want I will never argue with that.

"Snowflake" is a new one to me. It is pretty calm in my closet.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Julie,

As much as I think this is an useful forum in many respects, I would seek for objective information elsewhere, especially the well documented info you’re asking about.

Wanna know all available boob options and talk makeup and discuss your adventures? You’re in the right-ish place!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member
    I have seen some say the "Q" is for queer and questioning. Or they add a second "Q". Maybe a cis hetero man can be "queer" in the non-gender conforming sense so we have to add a letter for them too??
    "LGBTQIAP+" is a mouthful, but I have seen it spelled out with even more letters...

Isn't "sexual minority" easier... yeah some would say trans is separate from "sex" in the physical sense and we don't use "sex" in the gender sense anymore because... I don't know... so we can't use that... it makes my head spin...

Gold Member
    Sorry, This Label thing is getting very Confusing.
    Where can I get a pocket De-Coder
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    I am not arguing to justify the lack of social skills. There are plenty of ways to stand up for one's beliefs without being preachy or hysterical. To me, being called a snowflake is badge of honor. Because you stood up for yourself in a way that the person you stood up to didn't like.
    I love being called snowflake because you get to point out that that came from Fight Club which was a sendup of the exact hyper-masculine set that like to use that term.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I agree with Tracii G, the acronym is kind of silly, but there has historically been some friction between the gay/lesbian community so maybe it's kind of a big deal they were included? Gays and lesbians had slightly different agendas. Transgender and Intersex were smaller groups that wanted to be included. I think the term becoming mainstream and being so inclusive is a huge deal.

While I get where you are coming from I disagree with your stance on the politics of LGBTQ. Great strides have been made in acceptance, attitudes have changed, laws have changed, and I feel like this is due to the fact that those at the top of the LGBTQ power structure found political power, money, and corporate sponsorship. I kind of believe that if I were 25 years younger I would probably be a very different person, due to the culture today. I wouldn't keep my inner feminine feelings locked away like I did.

Platinum Member
    Julie, your question is fair enough. I don't think it needs anything further to delineate it from the rest of the letters.

I'm glad to see you here! Its been a while
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We don't ask for extra rights but the same the rest have without to ask for it.

Traci, you said:

"April if you treat people how you want to be treated yourself there would be no need for social justice."
    Ater you said, "Join Date

All it is really a bunch of those trans ,intersexed etc got pissed off and felt like they weren't included."

I'm one.of those that cry for equality with the rest of LGBT.
    Homosexuality was removed from DSMIV on the sixties, just this year the transsexual, trasgender too.

PRIDE
    When you're really a trans, or gay or LGBT will understand what PRIDE parades mean. I'm pride to be a human bring I'm not ashamed of being trans, and I want to show people that I'm a normal no pervert person.
    Unfortunately, when you had been in the closet.for many years and you're release, you're happy you want to celebrate with PRIDE, more pride if you weren't released but you found yourself the way to leave the closet, I'm very PROUD of it.
    To end, remember what I'm saying now, in 30 or 30 more years to talk about LGBT.... is going to be so ridiculous as to talk about slavery now and that will be thanks to all those that cry....
    Last edited by char GG; 06-19-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Sending PM
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    If you are going to be a warrior for something, social justice would be the most justifiable thing.
    A warrior protects the people of his home, regardless of race, gender, or any other thing.

You don't give your life to defend social justice. You don't storm the beaches of Normandy for social justice. Without getting into politics, a real warrior defends everyone. A social justice advocate only defends those they deem worthy.

Shrugs...two completely different things

Banned Spammer
    I feel like that too Michelle.
    The SJWs seem to only be for the people they side with or that agree with them.

Then you misunderstand what social justice is.

My father, who went from Normandy through the Ardennes and on into central Europe, and then ultimately gave his life in Korea, was a warrior. The people he was fighting against were warriors too. The Honor comes in what he was fighting for: Social Justice.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-19-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Sending PM

This thread has gone from asking about the acronym LGBTQ (which has been answered) to something more political. Just a reminder to all, it's against the rules to comment about politics in the MTF forum. Too much to edit. Closing the thread.