Thread: Saw the Dermatologist today....

Saw the Dermatologist today....

So, today was my annual visit to the Dermatologist. I was a bit curious if the fact of my shaved/waxed body hair would be mentioned. I've been shaving my legs for a couple of years now and have waxed my arms, legs and back fairly recently. I also shave my upper chest for those low cut tops and for occasionally gluing on my breast forms. It turns out that there wasn't even a blink of the eye by either the Dr (male) or the assistant (female) when they did the exam. Good news - nothing unusual on my skin to worry about!
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

You probably made their job easier by being shaved. I was very hairy and the skin doctor made the comment it is harder to spot abnormalities on men then women, Last time I went I was completely shaved and it took a lot less time to check for abnormalities .

I have never had anyone mention my body being completely shaved from the neck down when visiting my dermatologist.

Jenna, I'm shaved all over and my dermatologist didn't bat an eye while doing the mole check.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It turns out that along with my bald head, my legs are getting bald, and what little hair is on my chest (mostly between my nipples) is gray to white and almost invisible. The hair on my arms is also getting lighter, thinner and more sparse, but I'm afraid to shave it because it will be very noticeable to my wife, who is the only one who would care.

However, the last time I went to the dermatologist for a full body scan, I was wearing very obvious coral/peach toenail polish. I had recently gotten a pedicure and saw no reason to remove it just for a doctor's appointment. Anynow, I got positive affirmations from both the GG doctor and her GG assistant. For some reason, the doctor did note it in her summary report.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I had a urinary tract infection a few years back. Because of it my urologist wants to see me annually. I don't shave all the time, but I do run a clipper over my privates. My doc has never said a thing.

I will bet they deal with much worse than some guy that shaves. I would think as long as you are neat and clean they are happy. How many times have you seen some unkept, hideous creature that probably has not shaved or showered for weeks waiting for their turn with a doctor?

I am going in for a urinary ultrasound scan in the morning, totally shaved, prior to my second knee replacement. Three years ago, I went thru the same test before my first knee replacement. The nice lab tech never blinked or said a word then and I expect the same tomorrow. Besides that, I'm pretty much hairless everywhere else, it just comes with age and mileage.
    Joanne

My dermatologist once commented during an exam that I had no hair on my arms. I got the impression he thought that was natural for me, so I didn't bother telling him that I regularly epilate them.

- Diane

They have seen it all before and I don't just mean private parts.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman