Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer time blues.....

Summer time blues.....

Acceptance of my xdressing by my wife was amazing this winter. But because I am the stereotypical manly male, I can't feel feminine without shaving, grooming, etc... So everything has come to a abrupt halt. My wife wants Emily back but she is in hybernation till I can present myself the way I feel more feminine. Is this normal? Should I just say screw the norm and make up some reason to be clean shaving and define my eyebrows? Being a manly caveman my whole life is really a tough stereotype to change? Hurry hurry October 💋👢💃

As for your face, menfolk are commonly clean shaven! I wore a full beard for more or less 30 years. Shaved it off, when folks asked I told them "I've had a beard for 30 years, I'm going to try the next 30 without one and then make a final decision"

If you mean your body, that may be a little different. I shave my arms in winter, long sleeve season. I wouldn't mind keeping them shaved in summer and doubt anyone would notice or comment, but it's the stubble look that I don't like! Clean or hairy … the in-between bothers me.
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Yes GG's are normally smooth skinned but there agai nwhat does it matter to be clean shaved all over? I am, and nobody has said a word to me about why is there no hair on my arms or legs.
    I don't think one should need to make an excuse for lack of body hair, if you do get asked why you dont have any hair on your arms and legs you can put it down do being a keen cyclist, the reason all of the pro cyclist shave arms and legs is because in case of an accident plasters and bandages are easier to put on and remove, but I have never needed that as an excuse. just go for it.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Bobbi, Ok, I always wondered why the cyclists shave and that makes perfect sense, sometimes the reasons are easy.
    Crissy

I have had c!ean shaven arms and legs for years - no one asks why

It's your body, your life. Live it how you want.

This is my first summer shaving my legs. I spend most of my time in either golf or bicycle shorts and no one has ever said anything about my legs being shaved. Not even a good friend who was eye level with my legs when she went to pick up her dog. I thought for sure she would say something. My SO didn't even say anything; she did notice. The only person who has commented was my therapist.

Just my
    Last edited by BTWimRobin; 06-16-2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Typo. ... i hate the keyboard on a phone

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have almost no hair on my legs and little on my arms for so long if I wear shorts its not a big deal,everybody is used to it.
    When I finally shaved my side burns and stash off people commented but again it wasn't a big deal.
    Its your face shave it what are you worried about somebody going to revoke your caveman card?

You accept yourself, your wife accepts you....what is “norm”...I say screw the “norm”. Enjoy life...besides...who cares?..really. There’s enough negatives in life...you don’t need another one. Have a great summer.

About 15 years ago I came out to my wife fully.
    It was in December and she agreed to see me dressed for the first time. I spent the day prepping and that included shaving Everything. She was a bit surprised when she saw me but she was understanding and open minded. She soon became accepting and I stayed smooth and hairless.
    Then spring came and it was time for shorts again. I was torn. Do I stayed as I so very much desired and risk the wrath of friends and co-workers or do I succumb and pray for an early fall.
    I decided I could handle all the comments and questions and moved forward with my femininity. Since that time I have been questioned exactly twice. There were no snide comments, awkward moments or any of the other scenarios that I had imagined. Now years later I can't even imagine allowing all that hair to return.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyJade View Post
    Acceptance of my xdressing by my wife was amazing this winter. But because I am the stereotypical manly male, I can't feel feminine without shaving, grooming, etc... So everything has come to a abrupt halt. My wife wants Emily back but she is in hybernation till I can present myself the way I feel more feminine. Is this normal? Should I just say screw the norm and make up some reason to be clean shaving and define my eyebrows? Being a manly caveman my whole life is really a tough stereotype to change? Hurry hurry October ������
    Emily, the most important person in your life, your wife, wants Emily back. If you wife is so accepting sod what others may think.

My wife always liked smooth men, but I was positively hirsute when we met. She loved me for who I am and later when I came about the crossdressing she was over the moon to have a smooth man again, but didn't like the prickles after shaving - not a problem now with waxing and IPL. If you are with your wife and people notice smooth legs and arms they must realise it is with her consent or as she wishes. Who would really notice your eyebrows being shaped unless they are normally "Dennis Healey-like", but surely your eyebrows are visible in the winter unless you always wear a balaclava or ski-mask when in male mode.
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 06-16-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I started shaving my underarms about your age, yes they got noticed at first but when working in close quarters with others they finally admitted that it was nice not having a face full of hairy pit. I then went clean all over and just shrugged off any comments or questions and than it was just a part of me, clean shaven Al. My job performance proved my "manhood" so I just became an enigma of sorts. Just be you and don't live by others rules and expectations, you have an accepting wife who wants Emily back what more can you ask for. I must add a disclaimer, I am not the usual CD so my advice has a big slant to it but that's a whole other story.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Platinum Member
    My genetic composition has lead me to a life of almost being totally hairless. I have almost no hair follicles on my legs. I have no underarm hair. My wife says that trait is wasted on a guy. She has to shave her legs and underarms. Several years ago my daughter asked me after almost thirty years of being on this earth if I shaved my legs. I told her I have not hair follicles and was surprised she had not noticed before. I wear shorts at home all year around, and, when the temperature gets over fifty outside too. It wasn't until my sixties that chest hair sprouted which was easy to get rid of since I never had any. Facial hair is light and I can remain clean shaven all day.

There are many women who like a clean shaven male. Not all females go for that hairy Bigfoot look. My only advice is to make sure you keep yourself clean shaven which may get a question some times, but, going between soft baby skin and hairy Bigfoot will elicit more questions.

I just shave and be done with it, but I’m not in the closet either.

I have shaved my legs for the past 2 years and nobody has ever said a thing about it. I am a cyclist, but I would not use that as an excuse. Lots of cyclists who are not serious competitors don't shave. If asked I would just say "I prefer it that way" But again, nobody has asked. As for my arms, I got a groomer (beard trimmer) and set it at about a medium setting. That turned out not to be enough, so I went down as couple of sizes. Applied to the whole arm it reduces the hair to an acceptable level without looking "shaved". Again, not a peep out of anyone. Armpits I just shave. Once again, not a peep.

Don't forget; non-crossdressing men have a lot more grooming options these days.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    Emily,
    I'm confused why the shaving has to stop when you do it part of the year ? People do be accustomed to it very quickly in fact I had to tell my wife I'd shaved my legs otherwise she didin't notice , we're far more sensitive to shaving than other people . I have to agree with others it is your body and your choice .

Just wear pants during the summer instead of shorts. But instead of jeans, get pants with thinner material.

The other problem is going to the beach, boating etc. Some of us have opted not do those activities in order to keep shaved without someone asking why. You might have to make up excuses to some people that invite you go boating etc.

Eyebrows? I trim mine but I don't shape them - kind of a compromise.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I just shave and be done with it, but I’m not in the closet either.
    If your wife doesn't care , than anyone else's option doesn't matter.

Wait a second....
    EmilyJade has a wife that not only tolerates and accepts your alter-ego, she WANTS Emily in her life, and you are whining about shaving????????

There are crossdresser would kill to have the relationship you have.

As to shaving, I've been completely hair free from my nose to my toes for years, and no one has ever, EVER!, challenged me or asked me anything about it.

And, if they did, I would tell the truth: I hate having body hair.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I was asked by my next door neighbor about my hairless legs a couple of years ago. And just because no one asks about it doesn't mean they don't notice it. I would definitely notice if a guy had hirsute legs one day and shaved legs the next day.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member
    I have the exact opposite "problem", which really isn't. I have been shaving legs and arms and -pits since I joined this forum. No one has ever commented. Everyone I've met in the last seven or so years knows me as hairless. So, it would be odd to now suddenly let my body hair grow again. And THAT would be noticeable.
    FWIW,
    Ineke

Except for my head/face an groin I am hairless, have been since birth.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Since wife's full acceptance of my own full disclosure, I have been sporting clean shaven legs, pits, and chest. So far nobody has said anything.

I guess it's up to you. I mean really to me the only person I care about already has given me the green light, so everyone else can deal with it.

If anyone asks I won't make up a reason, iI will tell theme the truth if they need to know, it not I will tell them where to go.

Robert, I feel the same about the finger extensions I am sporting right now.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I am currently dealing with the same thing. I am a cyclist but I don't race. Shaving your legs is something that dedicated racing cyclists do really for no pressing reason. Massages, bandages, it sounds good, but in my opinion it's tradition and vanity. My cycling buddies joke about the one guy in our group who shaves his legs, but not really because he shaves his legs, because he thinks he's fast enough that he needs to shave.

Last summer I just picked up the razor and did it one day. No one seemed to notice or care. I did my chest too. Went swimming with a hairless chest, no one seemed to notice or care. Probably not as big a deal as I think.

A lot of the areas that male hair grows is not the focel point and unless a person is looking for it will not notice the change. Now if it is a major change from a very heavy amount of hair to none then it might be noticed. I am just guessing on this since I am not the hairy type.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: