Thread: Father's Day for me.

Father's Day for me.

Last Wednesday my son invited me to one of the frequent restaurants we use for lunch, H was paying. This of course is a Male attire event for me. My son and I normally lunch together on Thursdays.
    Then the mind went into gear. I had not heard from any of the kids about doing anything for Father's day, something was amiss in the air.
    I put on my man cloths and arrived early at the restaurant. I sat in my ca listening to music and watching the front entrance. All was qite at the front entrance.
    At the appointed hour I went in and looked around for my son. No son so I asked for a seat for two. They sat me in a booth and brought me my glass of water, (a normal thing for me that they knew). Then the staff started moving around four tables. I watched and thought that someone was having a big party.
    Then my oldest daughter walked in leading a string of people, my family. She came over to where I was seated, picked up my glass and phone and Said" We want you to sit over here.
    My son was carrying a board with arranged cupcakes We had 11 people in attendance. Not one below 14 years old.
    There were 5 fathers in the group, a birthday, and an anniversary. (this was a slight negative thing) The cake was a birthday cake.
    We ate. My oldest presented the idea that the family needs to get together more often. We discussed it. It was decided on every other month. I asked my Daughter-in-law (the birthday girl) to head up the next event. I wanted a dinner mystery night event.
    My odest had to tell that she nad her husband traded in iis !989s Dodge Charger on a new 2019 Dodge 250 super cab truck. (Hummm I bet they buy a camper trailer soon.)
    After the lunch I came home alone and took a nape.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 06-16-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Very nice and a very thoughtful family

Leslie Mary, Sounds like a great time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

A lonely day for me, only one card fom my daughter, nothing from my son, so be it.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    Our house was swamped with everyone from son's and daughter's family. BBQ'ed and gifted everyone. Of course, all the attention did go to the youngest male; a nearly two year old grandson. That's when you realize Father's Day is or at least should be everyday.

Sounds like a lot of fun. At my age, I really prefer that family atmosphere with all that it entails, i.e. the good and the bad. We only have one family! Thanks for sharing, and I hope that you had a great time.

Platinum Member
    Had phone conversations with my sons...some 1200 miles away. That was enough to make it another special day for me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kim glad to hear that.
    I have 3 birth children and they all live within 10 Miles of their old man. I have an unofficially adopted daughter just 100 miles away.
    I am the senior living male of our scattered tribe. (Some 45 people [I know of] spread out from Pa to CA to FL and TX.)
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Relatively quiet for me. Just me and my son. Went to his apt. Watched the ball game and then we went out for a bite, my daughter called later on (she's 2,000 miles away.

Darn you missed the USA Children's day in the Second Sunday of June for your daughter. or 11 October - International Day of the Girl Child.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: