Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it me, or do fewer girls visit and comment on photo posts?

Devi, I’m sorry to hear that and it really makes no sense to me. Hey, we’re still friends!
    Crissy

I look at all the photos threads and if there was a like button I would be hitting it a lot. Maybe Facebook has us all trained but it feels redundant now to put a comment “I like this, looks great” when it’s clearly true but six other people already said that and you have nothing new to add. You are right though and I sometimes do comment anyway on threads that have had a lot of views but not replies, exactly for that reason; I’m afraid the person might think nobody is looking but actually we are

Thanks Crissy, yes we are!.
    One good aspect of make us feel that we're from the "other side" is that we already break the shell and ow must leave so when I come back to mostly to read (to see other guys dressed as woman lost its novelty for me) and try to help and guide others that are behind me on the journey.
    I'm living full time as I meant to be and all those fears from the past don't ha e relevance and look insignificant t.
    We need more crossdressers that understand they are not crossdressers and find this new reality of being a reality and not a fiction enclosed in a closet and his mind.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    One thing that I have not seen yet is old school forum etiquette states that "I agree" post are to be avoided as they are just "noise".

To me adding more and more "You look great" replies breaks that etiquette.

Roberta, when you go to see a performance and the rest the people clap their hands don't you do the same no matter if your clapping will be hear?
    The most people can reassure me better I feel, every body has their ow small ego...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    If I feel like it, I will. But if I was not impressed I won't clap just because everyone else is.

It too hard to judge the forum moderation, so I tend to think again and not post more than I do anymore.

I have had the same experience and as such, have drifted away myself. The place isn't what it used to me, for me. Once every month or so, I'll throw up some pictures, simply because I care about showing others how to go out, as I do very often. The comments, while sweet, are not as many and getting to be not worth the trouble.

Daily I used to very much look forward to seeing what was going on here and now, I check once or twice a week and when I do, very quickly. I am not a social media type, so I guess those that are come and go on to the next big thing. I will always do my best to support our cause.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Platinum Member
    Honestly, I think there are so many outlets for posting these days that there’s a dilution effect. I’m one of the few holdouts from Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest, and all that. In fact, I am sure that the ones I mentioned are increasingly out of style, and being replaced by some other thing....or things.

Nonetheless, I do check the pictures daily, but I’m not likely to comment on anyone’s pics. I think everyone tries to look their best, but its not an even playing field. Some of us look better with gauzy filters and low light conditions.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So many great observations. So many good points. This has been a learning experience for me. Thank you for your thoughts!

Wow, Kaleyg, you certainly got the views and comments and on this thread! Should have snuck in a photo or two

But, in all seriousness, the range of responses to this thread really shows how different everyone's expectations for this forum are. Some are here for photos, many for the support, some like long stories, some like it short and sweet etc.

I post in the photos section because Danielle is strictly a homebound girl and one of those "same old in the bedroom photos" people. Also has a wife who is supportive but does not care to see Danielle in person. Therefore the photos thread is a safe place where I can get feedback on my presentation and also share some of my backstory with other understanding individuals.

I freely admit there is some vanity involved and I can be a little disappointed when a post doesn't generate as many comments as I was expecting but I treasure every comment I receive and sometimes feel bad I don't reciprocate as often as I should. But I am one of those who usually only comments when I feel I have something to add to the conversation.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the variety of opinions in this thread.

> the photos thread is a safe place where I can get feedback on my presentation and also share some of my backstory with other understanding individuals

Danielle that's a really good point... to date this has been the only place I post "femme" pictures of myself and it is an important outlet for me in that way. I do go out and about, but almost always on my own. So if I get something new that I like or even just have a good makeup day, I have nobody to share it with. My friends & family know, but I can't exactly go sending people WhatsApp messages "look at my new outfit" on a regular basis (although I have at times) or they'll think I'm nuts, or worse that I'm trying to badger them into spending time with me dressed, which is so not it.

If I look at a photo thread, and see 10 comments that are "WOW! Great pic", "You look wonderful", "Nice outfit", what more can I add?

Is a photo thread a tally sheet for 'likes'?

IF, and I know this isn't going to happen, but IF there was a 'like' or 'love' button, then you'd get a lot more hits for pics, and it would soothe the ego of the poster.

And, slightly off topic, but still on point, if you post a thread and it is a solid wall of text with no paragraphs and spaces between paragraphs, I'm going to do my eyes a favor and skip reading it. Not because I don't care about what someone has written, but because the format is difficult on an illuminated screen.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

When I first started using this site I never checked the photo posts. Then someone mentioned the MIAD (man in a dress) photo post and I would comment and post on it. Now with the new photo thread rules the new MIAD thread died out and I lost interest in checking the photo posts. And since there is no like feature, I figured even a simple response was my version of liking the post.

This subject pops up often. I remember being a member of a flight simulator forum some 19 years ago where the same argument came up. As with everything, one only has so much free time to visit forums because life gets in the way.

I post on the thread for some feed back on my style...to celebrate a great makeup day or to give others some inspiration on what they can try. I only have an issue with posting from my phone...it dosen't work very often. By the time I get home I get busy and forget to post...i think there is also the lurking notion about the pictures being pirated off the site by "others" and posted else where. I'll keep posting when I remember to. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Asew ya I liked the themed ones like the Animal Prints or the Pink Thread. I even went out and bought a pink tip for that one because I didn't own anything pink and was in danger of being evicted from the CD Federation I don't really know why they killed those off.

Ditto. If there was a simple “Thanks!” or Like button like on other forums, that would help give feedback without committing to much time. This forum even has a minimum amount of text allowed in a post or comment.

on the photos posts, there is only so many ways to say beautiful, or cute, or great, so I usually only respond if there are few responders already.

Therevis likely only a few changes if any that can be made to a legacy forum software platform like this to bring it features like modern social media platforms, so we all have to work within the constraints.

I would not take it personal - the postings - and this site - are valuable to everyone in the community.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Wow, this has provoked a lot of comments and opinions. Best of all it seems we all respect others’ opinions even though we may disagree. As a Cder who does get out, but not very often, I find I enjoy the comments when I post even if they repeat themselves. If I dress at home, there is no one to share that with so this forum provides that opportunity. As otthers have said many if us need that affirmation.

Some may get that affirmation daily by being full time or going out often. The comments that people may say to them in live situations may be repetitive in that case as well but they are still appreciated. That’s why I don’t mind repetitive comments. When I comment I try to say something original but it’s nit always possible.

To sum up, I encourage us to comment when we can. And of course in my case constructive criticism is always welcome.
    Frannie

It great to see a lot of members having a say on this topic.

Personally I rarely comment on the pictures, as I would be here forever saying how you all look fantastic.

As a Moderator here some things keep me busy so I don't always have time to comment.
    Life can also get in the way.

Moderator note

I understand why some comments have been made, However.

If you have an idea which you think will actually work to improve things let me know via pm.
    It will get taken seriously.

Writing styles is not something comment on as we are all different people and have our own way of commenting.

Please remember this is a support forum and not a popularity contest.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations