Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me, or do fewer girls visit and comment on photo posts?

Is it me, or do fewer girls visit and comment on photo posts?

It's a lot of work to post a photo thread in the photo gallery. I have to edit all the pics and make them smaller, then load them one at a time, and write a coherent explanation! Coherence is tough! lol

But seriously, to work on a post, put it up, and get hundreds of views bu only 10-12 comments is disheartening. Other social media sites are simpler and more responsive. But this was my original community and I feel very connected here! Is our community shrinking? It seems like when I log in, there are only 3 people viewing the photo gallery, which is always my favorite place to visit!!

Whaddya say, ladies? Is it just me? Maybe my pics have gotten boring.

I would agree I get disappointed when I see a bunch of views and 3 or 4 comments, But thats OK. I do think our community is growing but more people are just open about and don't need to post. There are other options like FB and Twitter, just more options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its not hard to post a pic and if you don't get a response or very few thats just the way it goes sometimes.

I was upset after my first few posts when I did not get as many comments as I thought I would. But then again I don't comment on many posts. So, from my perspective, if you leave a post fine. If not no big deal. The real issue is support for each other in our daily travails. And in that instance I have found people very responsive.

Some of us can't post here as freely as we do with Facebook, which we can do even when the spouse is right next to us.

Banned Read only
    Yeah well forums like this are a dying bread for the reasons you mentioned on posting pictures and many others.

I have made long posts about weekend adventures with pictures and it is a pain in the you know what. So I haven't done one since, at least not with a bunch of pictures.

If I want a lot of praise I will post a picture on Facebook. It's easier for people to hit thumbs up or the "heart" if they like it and that is just as good to me as a bunch of "You look great" comments.

Oh and I have actually met most of the people that are my friends on Facebook.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 06-18-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Those are all good points. I guess I just wanted to whine a little. But I will say this: most of us have little or NO human contact as our femme selves. Forums like this are life-blood. Communities of lurkers aren't communities. I try to comment on a few posts whenever I visit.

I look at all photo threads every day. However, I do not respond to many. As you take a lot of time preparing photos and text for a new thread, I spend a lot of time reading and sometimes posting to other peoples' threads. I do not have time to write something in every post, with or without photos, that I look at. If you are always looking for a lot of responses, then maybe some other venue may be better for you. I usually like your pictures and do not feel the need to comment. I also live full time now so seeing how others dress and present is still enjoyable for me, but not necessary. When I rarely post a photo in someone's thread I do very little editing, normally simple cropping and a little touch to Brightness and Contrast, or maybe just an auto-adjust on my photo editor. So, what you see is the real me. Sometimes I am not sure about some others' photos when they look overly "corrected".

I wish there were more members who would post. I feel if you take the time to start a thread we should take the time to comment. No way can we post to every thread but many of us try to do our best.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I look at all photo threads every day. However, I do not respond to many. As you take a lot of time preparing photos and text for a new thread, I spend a lot of time reading and sometimes posting to other peoples' threads. I do not have time to write something in every post, with or without photos, that I look at. If you are always looking for a lot of responses, then maybe some other venue may be better for you. I usually like your pictures and do not feel the need to comment. I also live full time now so seeing how others dress and present is still enjoyable for me, but not necessary. When I rarely post a photo in someone's thread I do very little editing, normally simple cropping and a little touch to Brightness and Contrast, or maybe just an auto-adjust on my photo editor. So, what you see is the real me. Sometimes I am not sure about some others' photos when they look overly "corrected".
    Yeah, I get it. I'm whining, so sue me! That being said -- to everyone I say, "take a sec to encourage each other when you can." And I'm not talking about massive editing -- I do much less of that than I used to. Now I typically just crop, instant fix, and maybe cover an Adam's apple. One time out of ten I'll do more. But mostly genuine -- if maybe at a distance a bit. Feeling more freedom to be less than perfect all the time. But it still takes time. In the past, I was so inspired to put together a fun post with pics, but now I almost don't think it's worthwhile.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its worthwhile if you think it is.
    If you want to post pics of a special event the by all means do it.
    It most always gets many comments.
    I'm not here trying to play a popularity game so I may post a pic every now and then.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    To each their own, Kaley! U complain of "--all the time I spend posting a pic thread". But, u don't say how much that is? 15 minutes? 30? How long does it take to post 5 pics and comment? About 15 for me. Which is NOTHING!

I spend weeks filming and editing photos for my picto stories. Which have between 75 and 600 photos. Takes me days, sometimes a week, to post and add dialog to them on FaceBook and/or Fetlife. I have no idea how many view them on those venues. When I post pics here, I KNOW how many view them. I consider under 400 to be ok and 400+ a hit! But, all that's not really important to me. I enjoy doing it and don't care how long it takes. Because, I take my pics and do stories for ME!
    If u don't enjoy posting your pics? Don't!

Results on every venue r different. Here's the results on my photo posts:

cd.com: 300 to 600 views is normal. I don't count "comments". I'm just happy if girls look!
    FB: 50+ likes and comments is good!
    Fetlife: If I get 5 "loves" and one comment I'm thrilled!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I look at photos every day but comment only when I really like something. I have very specific taste and many pictures are simply not "up my alley". I will not say now what they are, but you can deduct what I like from the comments I make. We are all different and like a variety of things that to others may seem silly or abhorent or strange. Many times I see favourable comments about something that I dislike, but that's OK by me. I accept the fact that we live our life the way we want it and it's nobody else's business.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Well to me as a new comer to this forum. I wish I would of joined years ago. Being a crossdresser without something like this, is very lonely. I have a regular Facebook account of my Male self. But each day I'm on it. I hate it more and more. Too many politics and daily negative energy from family and friends posts etc. I also can't be my female self on there either
    Too much at stake to jump out as Kaylin. Even though I would love too. But that's just how things work. Before I found this place I went to YouTube and watched other crossdressers chat about daily stuff and routines etc. And comment back and fourth. But, this place is absolutely amazing. Everyone so far that I've talked to, has been wonderful and understanding. I love this place. And so much Great knowledge and advice from everyone that has been here for years. Thanks everyone I'm definitely here to stay...
    Last edited by Kaylin; 06-18-2019 at 10:43 PM.

I look, but generally have nothing to add that has not been said in other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I have made long posts about weekend adventures..........
    Therein lies the big problem for me. Any thing over a few sentences or a simple paragraph or two is too much like reading a tome and I don't have the time to read your life's story, nor do I care what you're wearing while you're typing your tome.
    Sorry.
    Jon
    Last edited by Joni T; 06-18-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Perhaps an update with a "like" feature, as comments "looking good" etc is getting a bit old and cold.

Also photos with stories like a novel take a lot of effort to read.....
    Remember when writing, try to think of the audience your targeting, if they are avid novel readers, then 3,000 words would be good for them, if they are more your browse and photo audience, keep it under 1 catchy paragraph.

If your photo, is yet another 1 of 1,000 similar bedroom (hallway) photos you have already posted, or if it's another leg photo with stocking 0.001 shade different from your other 200 leg photos, maybe look at getting different background.
    We have one lady here, who in period dresses, rides vintage trains. Her photos are about action and adventure.
    Other girls have classic cars as backdrops, aeroplanes, ships, motorcycles, restaurant photos, pub photos, theatre, museums, art galleries etc- all these things show us girls enjoying normal life.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Kaylin is right.

Being a crossdresser without something like this, is very lonely.

This is a valuable forum and each of the comments made here are important and useful. We should judge it by its quality, not its numbers.

I love myself in curves!

I regularly look at the posts in the pictures section, but don't comment.
    It is inspiring to see the amazing looks you all create and sometimes, as a comparative newbie, i get ideas for new looks/clothes for myself from these photo's.
    I don't comment because i haven't posted pictures of myself here (yet) and it would seem a bit cheeky to give feedback on other people whilst i remain "out of sight".
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I can’t post femme pics/stories on facebook, as I am friends with family and people from work, who don’t know about it. That’s why I think forums like this are good, for people who are not ‘out’ but want to connect with others who are like them. For those on facebook, do you create a separate profile for your femmeself?
    I agree with Kaylin, in that I also cannot be my true self on facebook. A lot of the content on facebook does not interest me (like what people had for breakfast, which movie they saw last night, etc). I’m glad I found this forum, as I spend more time on it than facebook now.

I agree with your abservation, I feel the same and my posts receive less responsoes compared to the past. And yes it is a lot of work
    My new flickr account has pictures to look at:

https://www.flickr.com/people/bmw325it/

I think Rachel makes some valid points.

I've come across posts that I know must have taken a good while to write. They can be about the most amazing adventures but I often struggle to read them for one reason. So I need to say that I write this as hopefully constructive criticism.

If a post is written as one continuous body of text or if broken down into paragraphs but lacking a clear line between each paragraph then I struggle to read it.

Look it's me, I admit it, I find following a long post difficult and as a result even though it could be wonderful in every other way, if it's not broken down into bite sized chunks I can easily follow, I get brain fade and move on. So for my sake, paragraph, line space, new paragraph please.

I would also ask that folks don't photo shop their pics. Why? It's because it gives a false impression of your reality.

If I post pictures of myself dressed to go out and about, I don't want to create a false impression to those teetering on stepping out the door that you need to be picture perfect in order to do so.

I don't pass close inspection so I feel I need to give a true account of that and in doing so demonstrate that you don't need to be floorless to mingle with the muggles.

As for the original post, I find myself only replying if I've something new to add beyond what's already been written.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 06-19-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Helen,

Right on target!!!

Davina

I certainly don't comment on picture posts like I once did, for several of the reasons already mentioned here. Brain fade add Helen so aptly put it, nothing new to add and I just don't wander over to that sub forum as often as I used to.

Hi, Kaley! I know what you mean, I posted on Male to female and got 600+ views and only 5 responses! In the not too distant past, that would at least have been double digits! It would seem even here people are too wrapped up in their own little world to respond! My daughter quit facebook for that reason! People would go "like" but not comment even her friends! I do post mostly to share and help others out, but I need responses to know if it is worthwhile!
    Your pics are not boring!
    I noticed the other day that there was very little action here! It showed people on the site but no action at all! Members need to participate! Well at least that is why I thought we are here!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix