Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me, or do fewer girls visit and comment on photo posts?

We are very much a "sound byte" society; if your writing doesn't grab attention in the first 5 seconds, the reader moves on to something else.

Small sentences and small words are easier to read. Put space between paragraphs.

Just some helpful tips from an employed writer.

Not that I'm a girl but I love seeing photos of other CDers.
    I don't comment on all I look at.
    It makes me feel good to see I'm not the only crazy person who loves to dress up.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I just want to take a moment to express my graditude at you girls who always post comments. You really make my day!

Banned Read only
    Kaleyg,
    I don't post or view as much , now I'm full time I'm just getting on with living it a Teresa , I could post a daily picture ( rules permitting) but it soon becomes boring . So maybe it's a case of more members are just out and about doing their own thing .

I agree sometimes it can be time consuming editing pictures and when you do submit them no one appears to be interested . I guess some of become like a piece of old furniture , people know we're there but pass us by .

Kaley, I don't always post on photos, but try to. I am here to support other crossdressers, so a cheerful word is my support. That being said, lots of people lurk and don't comment at all.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    If your photo, is yet another 1 of 1,000 similar bedroom (hallway) photos you have already posted..............maybe look at getting different background........................all these things show us girls enjoying normal life.
    That's a bit easier said than done for some of us. Many of us need to wait for an opportunity window, get dressed and then hope for a good shot. I've seen some of the best images from those who never venture outside.
    There's also DADT and desire to consider. It's a lot of work but, it's also a passion for me. I try to add a new twist to the theme of my photos in the restrictions of the event. And, I always do the mirror shot. It just seems to work.
    And, I've gotten some really nice compliments on my latest toned down look. Which is a new novel twist for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarleyR View Post
    Kaylin is right.
    Being a crossdresser without something like this, is very lonely.
    This is a valuable forum and each of the comments made here are important and useful. We should judge it by its quality, not its numbers.
    It is nice that there is a view count. I can imagine most viewers like me are having an enjoyable experience and don't need to repeat the obvious comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1980 View Post
    I can’t post femme pics/stories on facebook.............I also cannot be my true self on facebook. A lot of the content on facebook does not interest me .............I’m glad I found this forum.
    As I've seen FBook do some ponderous behavior, Carla will never have a presence there.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I view the pictures and comments pretty much every day. However; I rarely if ever post a comment. Why? Simply because if several girls have already said how nice the pictures are I don't see a need to repeat the same comment.

Also, if their is a story with the photo's I'll try and read it.

If it's just one huge block of text I'll drop it like a hot potato. I detest reading from a computer (work made me read thousands of procedures written by.......)

If it's broken up into paragraphs I'm more likely to read it provided I find it interesting. If it starts to drag or gets boring, again I'll drop it and move on.

I hardly ever go to the photo section. And the few times I've posted photos I didn't get very many comments. It's best not to expect too much IMO.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Participation is what makes this forum such a great place. I try to comment whenever possible. Unfortunately, I don't always have the luxury or time always do that.

I do appreciate all the time and effort that you girls put into all your pictures and posts.

I look at all the pictures and alot of them already have posts most are repetitive IE look great, nice outfit, nice shoes, etc. so I dont comment.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Maybe so,

I don't look or post photo posts much anymore.

I stopped for a number of reasons.

Mostly because this is my life now, living as Jean.

First I don't need to look at others, or have others look at my pics.

It all changed for me when I started living as Jean.

Still I would encourage you to continue to post your pics, for you, don't worry about the numbers. Do it because it is something you enjoy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm with Jean please continue posting your pics and don't worry about the numbers.
    Post because you want to share with the rest of us.
    Thats the problem with face book people keep track of the number of likes and how many friends they have.
    Its not a popularity contest and the numbers actually don't much value at the end of the day.
    The one thing here is the long drawn out post that says the same thing over and over. Those posts make me move on to the next one.

I see what you are saying kaleyg!
    Just the way it goes I guess, and you are probably one of the prettiest CD's on the whole site!
    I used to get a ton of comments earlier but not really anymore, so I just stopped making photothreads��
    Probably I am getting too old and boring haha.
    But this was the first place I ever posted pics so I am grateful for the feedback I got back then, very encouraging!
    Also, I have a Flickr with over 84m hits, but less and less comments there as well.
    But posting pics is fun so I won't stop at least��
    Last edited by monika; 06-19-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    When I found this site many years ago it was a place where I could take pictures and show them to like minded folks and
    hopefully get honest feedback. I did most of the time but for me the more I began to accept myself as trans and going out
    as Rachael I didn’t need to post my pictures as much.
    I understand those who are closeted and need this place for feedback and acceptance.
    I’ve found for me I don’t comment as much as I don’t feel as connected anymore to just doing photo shoots as I now live
    mostly full time and for me it’s just who I am I try my best to support the ladies here as I know how important that can be
    for self acceptance.
    Don’t take few comments personally I know I use too again I wanted honest feedback and I already am aware I’m not one
    of the really beautiful ladies here. I’m just me

So many great thoughts! Thank you ladies. Takeaway so far: don't take it personally! While I would like to say that my self-esteem is independent of what others think or say, it isn't. I think we all need affirmation. I applaud those who take a moment to comment. For those who have evolved beyond Cd.com, that is awesome! Just remember how this site helped you in the early days and pay it forward. I honestly don't make new photo threads because it's fun -- I do it to be affirmed. Anyone else like me?

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kaley, I don't always post on photos, but try to. I am here to support other crossdressers, so a cheerful word is my support. That being said, lots of people lurk and don't comment at all.
    I agree with Jamie on this. I can understand posting and hoping to get some positive feedback, it may not always happen as much as we would like, if we could only get the lurkers to post...
    Crissy

I haven’t actually read the responses to this post , but I will say a large amount of people never comment. If you’re here for the pics you’re here for the pics. Sure it’s great when people see what you see. I come mostly for the photos , but other insights in the community too. Just know you play a part by getting your pics “out there”
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

What a great post! I know as a girl that dose try to respond to most photo post we have some very nice lady that will respond back with a thank you for your kind words or at least look and see who you are on your home page . That being said you may try it as it will probably will help get a lot more response.Just my two cents worth for what it is worth.

I did a quick search of the pic threads you have posted:

You posted:

on 05-03 which has 47 replies.
    on 05-20 which has 26 replies.
    on 06-06 which has 17 replies.
    on 06-16 which has 22 replies.

I'm not sure how many the most recent one had before you posted this observation, but I wonder whether you also had these thoughts when you got your 47 replies?... You should be pleased because for a long time, there have been people here that do a lot more and get a lot less. Two that immediately come to mind are Jason and Mark B. Those two go to work dressed and do a tonne for our visibility by going out, but they don't get the traction here that you have. Regardless of the reasons you do not go out, that still holds. I have not seen them complaining about their popularity though. I suspect they have an eye on the bigger picture so-to-speak. Wildaboutheels used to drive at this point a lot:

What happens on here isn't the truth. What is the truth, though, is what happens when those two ( and Wild ) go out. They have reported an overwhelmingly high acceptance out there and only a few bad apples, while on here.. well,.. a pic in a house gets 47 replies .

- Lydianne.

I've partipated in a number of threads here in the main M2f sub that contain pics but I don't often check out the Pics sub itself. I like to participate in the forum but commenting on photos specifically isn't top of my list of priorities.
    Horses for courses, I guess.

How big an issue is this? I would think there are probably better sites for those who enjoy sharing pics. This forum template isn't the easiest for such.

Personally I like quick fire conversation and banter so as well as contributing here I enjoy chatting on a crossdressing Discord. Debates here can be great but there's also something to be said for more immediate responses.

Like I said horse for courses.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow 47 replies I don't think I ever got that many comments on a pic and I have been here 11 years and posted quite a few pics.LOL

Platinum Member
    I have to chuckle a little about this thread. It was not too long ago someone started a thread asking why some of the members have the time to respond to all the threads? It takes time to view, analyze, form an opinion and post. Then move on to the next post? Even as a retiree with a lot of time on my hands I do have other things in life to accomplish. I do wonder why is it necessary at all to reply to any particular picture post? Is it for reaffirmation? When I find a particular picture posting exceptional I do click on her bio page and click on previous postings. One click on the latest post many times has me clicking on many other postings. That leads to a higher count? Sometimes I even follow any link on her page to other sites. Maybe part of the "problem" is inherently I am a male. How many times has my wife chastised me for not making a compliment on her presentation for a day or an outing? Too many times. Maybe the visual has to have an impact great enough to drive me to distraction. Being an underlying male can get someone in trouble. Even on this site. "Honey, I love you! You beautiful! How many times do I have to tell you?" Reaffirmation?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    I think Rachel makes some valid points.

I've come across posts that I know must have taken a good while to write. They can be about the most amazing adventures but I often struggle to read them for one reason. So I need to say that I write this as hopefully constructive criticism.

If a post is written as one continuous body of text or if broken down into paragraphs but lacking a clear line between each paragraph then I struggle to read it.

Look it's me, I admit it, I find following a long post difficult and as a result even though it could be wonderful in every other way, if it's not broken down into bite sized chunks I can easily follow, I get brain fade and move on. So for my sake, paragraph, line space, new paragraph please.

I would also ask that folks don't photo shop their pics. Why? It's because it gives a false impression of your reality.

If I post pictures of myself dressed to go out and about, I don't want to create a false impression to those teetering on stepping out the door that you need to be picture perfect in order to do so.

I don't pass close inspection so I feel I need to give a true account of that and in doing so demonstrate that you don't need to be floorless to mingle with the muggles.

As for the original post, I find myself only replying if I've something new to add beyond what's already been written.
    Helen has expressed my feelings quite well.
    Hugs, Carole

I remember Macey saying that she was told by someone here that she posts too much, of course I jumped on that and agreed. LOL
    Crissy

Kaleyg,
    I completely agree with you.
    Now I'm not interested in posting pic but when I use to do it I felt the same frustration you express.
    I don't know it was me, my long stories, my English is hard to understand, I'm ugly and I tidy wants to tell me the truth but there are other girls that weekly post pics and got so many comments, 2 or 3 pages.
    I tried to create and strategy to do friends. For long time I was complimenting every single post, I PM with a lot if people but the summit is I'm in transition and without looking for I jumped a "wall" where people from this side don't like people from my side (there're no such sides) so now my post really got almost no answers and most of that some ex"friends" told me that now we couldn't be dri3nds....weird but reality..
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION