Thread: Slightly overdressed for blood donation !

Banned Read only

Slightly overdressed for blood donation !

I attended another blood donation yesterday ( 72 pints , 9 UK gallons !!! ) at the usual hotel which is also where we hold our monthly social meetings . I happened to mention this to a couple of the nurses as it was a theme evening based on Ascot Ladies Day , which meant nice outfits with matching hats . The sessions were due to finish after our arrival so they insisted I drop in to show them my outfit .

I arrived at about 6.30pm and made my way through the hotel to the suite where the donations were being held , the waiting area was still full and I certainly did get eyeballed , I stopped by the check in desk and the the screening nurse said , " Can I help you madam ?" I explained the situation but by that time the nurses who asked me to drop in had noticed and come over to chat , I got a couple of WOWS ! and then the comment that they would only take my blood next time if I wore the outfit , it might be fun but I don't think so .

The picture is an old one of the dress and my old wig , sorry about that .

You always look great I don't think you can ever overdress. I love following your life thru your post. have a great day.

Platinum Member
    Thank you for your consistent blood donations. I know your fellow citizens are appreciative. Love you dress. Short sleeves are the best when donating blood.

Teresa, you look great. Not over dressed in my book.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Ditto...Connie. You look great...beautiful dress. As badly as blood is needed everywhere, I wouldn’t think they would care what you wore. You’ve given me an idea...I too give blood...maybe I’ll dress too.

Banned Read only
    I forgot to mention I was dressed in a cotton wrap skirt and Tshirt with my wedges when I donated my blood , I've never attended any sessions in my in my new home town in drab .

I really should wear the dress more it's only the second time I've worn it and it's so easy to wear , I saw it in a charity shop window and couldn't resist it .

Silver Member
    I used to give blood and wore blouses and bra when giving. I was a serial giver and donated about once each week. No one ever complained. Did have one of the staff adjust my blouse one time when she caught a tube on it. It did expose my bra some.
    Since I had cancer I no longer can give blood. They said they miss me when I was there with my daughter.

The Blood Bank, as it is called in Australia, can't be the most exciting place to work, so if one of us happens to arrive dressed to give blood, you will be remembered. Dress well, put on a happy smiling face, and the staff will love you, time after time.

Silver Member
    You were not overdressed. You were well dressed.

Banned Read only
    Tania,
    In the UK it was called the National Blood Transfusion service but now I see the letter is headed Blood and Transplant NHS .

They do work incredibly hard and have always been pleasant with it , some venues are lovely like the one we I use inside a hotel but the plan is to use Fire Stations and other service facillites to save money . I'm not too concerned as it's voluntary and I would donate anywhere to save someone's life .

Good story! Who knows maybe one day I will brave an adventure like that. I try to donate regularly as I am O Neg and I feel that I need to donate more often. When we retire I for certain donate in fem.

Banned Read only
    Best of luck Joyce , I wonder if you will be like me and find you're the only one in the waiting area wearing a skirt and be sure to change your name to something more approriate as I was called for in my full male name , it did raise a few eyebrows when I came forward wearing a skirt .

I have fantasized a couple of times, having one of the plobiotinits in a Domme costume, and tie me to the donating couch in a Damsel in Distress outfit.