Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conversation in a thrift shop yesterday

Of course, being an introvert, every interaction with a SA makes me act weird.

Banned Read only
    There is PLEASURE in saying they are for me. What nut case said girl clothes are just for girls?

Most can tell I'm a CD just by the way I look in male mode. And they always ask if I have photos on my phone.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I have often wondered how I would react if an SA said something to me about a item being for me. It just doesn't seem to happen. I have bought many items that would seem a guy would not buy for his wife or girlfriend. Bras, body briefers, dresses, shoes, etc and the transaction just hummed along. I guess that is what is expected, so that is fine. I will admit that I would not mind having a conversation with an SA that involved a discussion of female clothing or its application. I would consider it an entrance into the the other world that I presently do not have. I know that most SA's probably wonder why this guy is buying these items. Or that they are most certain it is for me. Seems most either don't care, or don't feel it is their place to ask. which is fine with me ultimately.

I used to get a little embarrassed about making such purchases and once in a while still do. Wrong situation, or the person at the counter looks unaccepting, etc. But for the most part, I just prod ahead these days and figure my money is as good as the next persons.
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Even when I have no clothing items in the cart, my wife will abandon me in the checkout line, so I'm still paying for femme clothing & cosmetics at the register. At least it's helped with confidence when buying for Helen. Rarely does anyone say anything, though.

About six months ago I walked up to the counter and there was a man at the cash-register, he was about 55.
    I placed a few dresses on the counter and he said "these will look great on you " and I said "I hope they fit".
    He looked at me like I caught him off guard and then smiled as I left the store.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    Over the years and much travel, I've had a lot of interesting SA exchanges. I've tried on clothes and lingerie many times. I've been wearing a blouse with bra under it that I knew projected and could be seen if one looked at me. I asked for a specific size and bra and the SA said are you sure your wife wears that size. To which I replied it is for me. She said, are you sure it will fit her? On other occasions I've gone to Marshal's or
    other discount stores and went into the men's side with bras or what ever and tried them on. At one store I stood in line with a bunch of women to try on a couple blouses and talked to 2 of the women. At a Chico's I did have a SA run off when I told her the shorts were for me. One time I had an SA tell me that they didn't have any dresses on sale that would fit me. Maybe next week.

50+ Years ago when I was young and passed it was a different experience. The SAs knew and there were just as many CDs then too. The great thing was that I walked in as a girl and shopped openly.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Probably the funniest thing to happen to me was I bought a beautiful nightgown at a discount store. A young male cashier was checking me out and when it came to the nightgown he says, how can you buy women's clothes, I would be too embarrassed to do it. I couldn't resist and asked him why. He became almost unnerved. Told me he didn't like touching women's stuff. There was a guy behind me and I said are you married? He said no. By this time I knew it was cruel but I hinted it was for me. The guy behind me got a kick out of the whole conversation, and was laughing.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 06-23-2019 at 10:15 PM.

I hope the next step is using the fitting room at this thrift store

I was in an outlet store about a year ago looking to buy a couple of sweat shirts. I noticed a older guy in the women's clothing section with 2 SAS assisting him (there was only 4 people in the store at the time. He had picked out panties and looking at corsets. I was close enough to hear the conversation. He was talking to SAs that both the panties and the corset were recommended by his doctor because he had sciatic nerve problems. They were very nice to him and provided him a couple of corsets and encouraged him to let them assist him with putting them on. They agreed on a red one that he said really felt good on his back. Happily they gathered up his stuff and went with him to register asking him if he needed anything else like thigh highs. He thanked them but declined stating he had plenty. He paid for his stuff and happily left the store. The SAs stands with the cashier and laughed their asses off.
    Moral to the story - these are min wage employees, not highly educated social workers. If you think you are being admired you are just kidding yourselves.

Thought of this thread when the fellow in front of me entering work this morning was toting a shallow shopping bag with a pair of shiny gold heels out for anyone taller than the height of the bag to see. Maybe his doctor recommended them.

She knows and your not in pain all good in life.
    Angie