Thread: Veronica's First Venture Out of The House

Veronica's First Venture Out of The House

I decided that last night was going to be the night for Veronica to finally get out of the house. Roommates were gone until the next day, so it was the perfect opportunity. Veronica was at least going to drive around the neighborhood as fully en femme as she could get ... after dark.

Now, I always underdress and I do wear women's jeans from Old Navy. Jeans designed for people who carry a purse. There's no place to put your wallet or keys in those front pockets, but they are so much more comfortable than guy jeans.

It took me nearly an hour and a half to do my makeup, which I did VERY badly, and I'm quite artistic ... usually. No going into a store looking like THAT! A little too much around the eyes. Really. HELP!!!

After making a disaster of my face with a poorly chosen shade of foundation (I bought it online, and it was way too light), I put on my Fiore elite 20 denier in cappuccino (the loveliest hosiery on the planet!), my Hanes polka dot bra (so cute!) with large WONDERFUL breast forms in it, a satiny pencil skirt (which feels great over the hose), a lovely black and white top with bell sleeves and flaired at the hips, clip-on hoop earrings, a sandy blonde wig that came down 12 inches from my shoulders, and a pair of red Pleasers 3 inch heels. I'm simply too big to walk in stilettos. They make my feet hurt before I take three steps.

Having decided Veronica was going to do this, she had no fear opening the front door and walking out. She was relieved that nobody was stopped in the front yard having their dog take care of business, which happens more often than cars drive by it seems.

She got into the car, but hit her right heel as she swung her feet in. Another scratch on my size 14 heels. Veronica, be more careful! Oh, well. She waited for the oncoming cars to go by before proceeding to the edge of the driveway. Then, off she went!

It was only going to be around the block, but then she kept going. She actually drove through the center nearby to see where the MAC and ULTA stores were. Found 'em!

She couldn't help but lift her hand up to slightly cover her face when the headlights of oncoming vehicles were shining right on her. It was because of the makeup job. Yeah, right.

She was definitely seen in the car, no doubt. By anyone who knows me? I dunno.

She made it back into the driveway, looked around to see if anyone was nearby, and got out. A car drove by just as she made her way to the walkway. Calmly, she made her way into the house. Door closed. En Femme Venture #1 accomplished!

I will DEFINITELY be going for a makeover or three after my trip to see my family next week. Veronica does not get to go on this trip. Maybe after that, and only if I can do my makeup better than I play golf, which is horrendous (so, maybe theat's a bad analogy), I may post some photos.

I did watch several videos on how to do my makeup, so it actually could have been WORSE!

Peace to all of you and God be with you!
    Last edited by Veronica4me; 06-22-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you made it thru your first time out.
    It gets easier from here on out.

Good on you, Veronica! Let us know how the makeover goes in a few weeks
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Gold Member
    Veronica;
    Good for you. I also do not go out of the house dressed, but I am always under dressed.
    I get my Jeans from Woman With-Inn. I have my car in a Garage, so I can get into my car,
    Open the Garage door by pushing a button, and drive away.
    Most of the time, I am dressed and in the car just to retrieve the Mail at the bottom of my
    drive way. Once in a while, I do get the nerve to go to a drive through to get some food
    while wearing a skirt and top.
    I can not do make up myself, tried a class and failed, so I guess I will pass for now.
    Good luck on more outings.
    Rader

Well done in your first steps out. I found the best way to progress quickly was to go to a beauty salon for waxing make up nails etc. The girls gave me lots of good advice as they continue to do. I always go there dressed as well as to my usual Estée Lauder counter where the girls are very helpful. As a result I’m confident in my look and am treated as a woman whenever I go out dressed. Hope you enjoy future outings!

Makeup is one of those things that is very difficult to teach yourself. It always helps to have someone show you what and how.

Veronica,

Well done you've done the hard part and taken those first steps.

Can I recommend the next time you're out driving at night count the number of times you actually get to clearly see the driver coming the other way. Most of the time, even in daylight, the windscreen reflects light and it's difficult to see into the car. Plus hopefully you and the other driver are concentrated upon your driving snd not looking who's in the vehicle.

Also holding up your hand makes it look like you've got something to hide and will draw more attention that you'd ever have by just acting normally.

It's natuaral to believe that the whole world is looking at us when in truth they're not. Just relax, drive safely and enjoy your time out.

I take 40 minute walks on a regular basis, and to amuse myself awhile back I started doing an informal survey of the drivers of cars as they passed me. I have done this quite a few times , in conditions varying from bright sunlight to very early dusk. I looked to see If I could identify the sex of the drivers, and how far away from me they would be before I could tell. This varied, but with most of the cars passing by at between 20 and 30 miles an hour, I would confirm "male" or "female" or "can't tell" at about 20-30 yards. Really only seconds, passing by. Males were the easiest to pick out, as a lot of them had beards or bald heads. One out of about five would be "can't tell." Keep in mind that I was looking very intentionally to determine the sex, and that in all my many walks I never identified anyone as "cross dressed".

What this indicates to me is that, except perhaps on your own street, or if you have an unusually recognizable car, you don't really have much to worry about driving dressed.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

glad you made your first venture out with no problem I wouldn't expect any. It will only get easier.
    I understand that getting a make over here in San Diego is easy although I have not done it. People tell me any MAC store will do it, of course they want to sell you a ton of make up too. Call around and I bet you'll find several, check Craig's list too and be up front. You're on the phone so no one can see you. there is also a support group here in SD, Neutral Corner, I have not been in years but it was a pretty good group and I keep thinking about going back, Al least it some one to talk too whoa can relate to your concerns. Good luck and enjoy yourself that's what it is all about. Have fun be safe PM me if you want to chat Sallee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Hi Veronica,

Well done for getting out the house and driving around. That's a massive step. I'm sure the next time will be easier and the makeup will get better, just keep practising and seek advice where you can.

Look forward to seeing some photos.
    Xx

Good for you for your first outing! The cork has popped now, you will want to go out more and more!

I was always afraid of makeup — there are so many colours and looks, and I am not artistic at all. I heartily recommend going to a Mac store for a lesson, SD should be fairly accepting. Here, I have gone for lessons in both boy-mode and girl-mode, and I have a feeling the girls love putting makeup on a guy... maybe it’s more of a challenge, or it’s more fun. I found the girls at Mac very helpful and well-informed, and you can apply the cost of the lesson to any purchases. It has gotten to a point where I will not make a purchase directly but first have a lesson. It’s always good to learn more techniques and looks, and each girl had her own tips to offer.

Keep dressing!

Platinum Member
    I like your style of writing. You obviously listened to your English teachers. Well done. I did my first journey outside en femme driving around the neighborhood. It felt great. Uneventful. Later I progressed to getting out of the car, even briefly. I ran little errands. I returned books to the library's night return slot. I mailed a letter in a mailbox outside the post office. I retrieved a free newspaper from those boxes which seem to be everywhere. I do park the car and take strolls through very quiet and safe residential neighborhoods. I found it was not necessary to pile on the makeup. I use to do that early on. Even my nails. Now, if it is any makeup at all, it is only lip gloss. You should become more comfortable during your outings. Have fun.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    My own first venture out was in the afternoon in 2004 to go to my Adult Sunday school Halloween party. I was dressed as a Gypsy Fortune teller. With the long dress, exotic makeup, etc. I decided to SHOCK everybody into getting back into the costume spirit, that had been waning over the last couple of years or so. I had to think of something really radical---My first thought was as a "WOMAN", but then that lacked imagination, and suddenly it hit me!--A Gypsy fortune teller! Good chance for over the top clothing and makeup and also "Halloween Themed" ----I was an immediate hit. Only one or two others had made any attempt at costuming, so I won the contest hands down. EVERY lady wanted me to "Tell their fortune"---so a good thing I brought my Tarot cards and Crystal Ball----HEY CD is a great way to meet women, even if it is a little "extreme". ( I also had fun using my long nails to poke "vent holes" in my hot dogs before roasting them on the fire. )

My efforts to revive the contest paid off , as the next year there were a lot more costumes. And my great, spot on, "Mark Twain" costume scored only SECOND to an 80 year old "Pregnant Nun".

I say the Easiest way to go out is if you have a real PURPOSE, like a "Halloween costume party", a "Charity event" or a "womanless Beauty Contest". So you always have a legit "Excuse" if confronted (If only to make YOURSELF feel better) ----ANd don't dress like that "TOO" often.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 06-23-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Banned Read only
    You go girl Now that you have broken the ice it really does get easier every time.

Veronica, Congrats on getting out and about.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congrats on your first time out. Makeup sessions are great when you find a MUA who you can connect with. Go for it!