Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you avoid Contact with Men while dressed

Do you avoid Contact with Men while dressed

I know I certainally do
    If buying fem things avoid male Cashiers
    Or lines with
    men in them

JAS

I don't avoid eye contact with men, or women, when dressed any more than when in drab.
    I do have to remember not to give a head nod "hello" when dressed as men do.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Not at all, I'm a lion not a mouse.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Heck no I like looking at men.

No. I don’t actively go out of my way to engage in conversation with men but it’s flattering when they treat you like a woman. Opening doors or showing good manners otherwise. My feminine world is mainly made up of women - my wife and female friends I go out with,beauty salon staff, cosmetics counters, clothes and lingerie shops etc. I don’t notice any problems though when dealing with men such as when I’m paying for filling up my car or having my car washed.

Jean,

I neither seek out or avoid. If circumstance brings us together I go with the flow.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Nope. Why so afraid of men? Women are just as likely to be rude or say or do something nasty.

Banned Read only
    Why would you avoid contact with anyone? If you aren't comfortable going out and dealing with humans, then you might want to stay indoors. Otherwise, people are people and there is no reason to evade, fear or loathe interacting with men.

Banned Spammer
    No fear in meeting people really.
    Sure you will have a rude person on occasion but just walk away from them.

No and why should I?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Not at all!

Banned Read only
    Jean Ann ,
    I find men avoid TGs , very few will make eye contact and I find males SAs often pass me over to female SAs . I don't avoid anyone unless you see the obvious coming and you'd avoid people like that anyway . Sometimes it's a case of not always reading the book by it's cover but don't go looking for trouble .

Aspiring Member
    I tend to avoid men when out dressed. It is not fear. It is preference. It is not difficult. If you go mainly to boutiques, restaurants, hotels, beauticians, the staff are generally women. When dressed as a male I prefer to interact with women and most of my friends are women.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    I don't avoid eye contact with men, or women, when dressed any more than when in drab.
    I do have to remember not to give a head nod "hello" when dressed as men do.
    When I first started going out enfemme I have to admit I was intimidated by male SA especially those wearing suits in the ladies shoe department. After I became more comfortable going out those fears went away.

GracieRose I did one of those male head nods in passing to a female manager in Macy's one day and instantly realized my mistake and was terribly embarrassed. I have not made that same mistake twice.
    Jill

As a rule, no, I don't avoid contact with anyone.

That being said, I do exercise caution in certain situations.

Coming home from an event on a Saturday night, I was in need of a cup of coffee and fuel. I passed up the first gas station I saw because there was a crowd of guys hanging out near the front. It was late, on a Saturday night, in an isolated place and I didn't think the possible risk warranted stopping there.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I avoid men also.

I do too...especially eye contact. I think it depends on your community’s tolerance. Ours is very conservative. After years of watching women’s body language, most women, around here, anyway, generally don’t make eye contact with either sex. When a woman makes eye contact with a man, she doesn’t know, and smiles, it’s a positive action, but I think, if you, while dressed, made eye contact and smiled at a guy, he might be able to read you, but hopefully will just move on. Then there’s the potential instance where the guy recognizes you’re a cder and becomes angry at your eye contact and smile...maybe or maybe not taking it as a come on.

I would back when I was first going out, and was unsure about everything.

Now no, it doesn't matter.

Just because all of this is an everyday thing and normal for me doesn't mean that it is for everyone I meet.

Like yesterday I pull up to the window at a drive thru resterant. The kid says we are waiting on your drink. This is a first, waiting for a medium diet coke. A differant young man comes to the window with my drink. He is like half out the window handing me the drink looking down my blouse. This only happens when I'm in girl mode. LOL.

Platinum Member
    When I go out en femme it is usually with the intent of not engaging with people whether male or female. The only exception has been on Halloween. One Halloween and young male who was buying beer (already probably blowing more than .10) laughed his head off. One young woman cashier said nothing. I think she was too young to have engaged in a cross dresser before. Another older woman complimented me on my outfit. Very limited experiences.

However, when en drab buying women's clothing the range of acceptance from women has been across the board. Some very pleasant and helpful. Others acted as if the Vikings have landed and are raping and pillaging the populace.

On one occasion when buying a vivid red Vanity Fair bra and panty set I got a scornful look from another male customer while standing in line. Heck, it was close to Christmas. I could have been buying the set for my wife. It was in a general variety store. I had to make the assumption he was assuming I was buying it for myself. I got the impression I would not want to encounter him on the street attired in women's clothing.

In general, I have found men tend to avoid interaction with any males who do not project macho behavior. They avoid gays and transgender women like a plague. On the other hand it seems from reports by some ladies on this forum, if you go to the right venue, there are plenty of macho men trying to pick up MtF cross dressers.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Teresa, I relate to what u said. I find most American men r more frightened of me than me of them!

And, since I attend lots of T events where we venture out in Vanilla land? I find the same to be true with other T's. It's the rare male that even looks in our eyes! The ones that came to say hello or chat that weren't "admirers" I could count on the fingers of one hand!

Let me add I'm referring to males out among crowds. NOT in private one on one situations, which I've learned to avoid!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    If guys clock you the last thing they will do is make eye contact.
    Most guys are afraid of a tranny.
    Personally I glance at guys and girls all the time and don't stare.

Because, similar to being bitten by a vampire, looking into the eyes of a tranny bestows a terrible curse.....

Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    When I was young, before I had a lot of experience going out, and when I was still holding some shame for buying things. I would avoid male cashiers and probably men in general in the store. To me is was less humiliating when GG's put two and two together as they tended to give a little knowing smile or huge grin. While GM's often gave me a look of disgust, at lest that's how I felt.

But I am too old to worry about that anymore, honestly you shouldn't either.

I am shy, but less so when dressed. So I don't avoid men.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I usually tend to avoid men. Maybe because I go out not totally dressed . Women’s jeans, white polo with white bra obviously showing through. Necklace and bracelets. No wig and a goatee beard. Light makeup. But from some of the other replies about men avoiding us I’ll be more sure of myself.