Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Wears The Dresses in Your Relationship ?

I have the most dresses then my wife. She only has 2 and also hate shopping for them. She like Victoria's taste in dresses so anytime she wants to wear one she takes one of mine since we are about the same size. We both make 50- 50 decisions in the house hold but most of the time she wants me to have the final decision. Also we playing around with each other all the time and she loves saying she wear the pants in the house and I wear the panties in the house lol.

I own about 10 dresses and my wife owns around 25. Part of that is it is much harder to find dresses that fit me well in a style I like, otherwise I would probably have a lot more. Around 2 months ago I started wearing a dress maybe once a week, and the other days it is skirts for me. My wife wears a dress maybe once a week (usually when she works for a few hours at Torrid), and otherwise pants/capris for her. It hasn't affected the power dynamic in our relationship, but she has always had more of the authority in our relationship. She thinks I own too many skirts (getting close to 40-50 I think) but hasn't said anything about too many dresses (yet). She thinks most of my dresses are ugly, and said I could wear any of hers, but I would probably only wear a few of them (most are too short and others aren't a good style for me), but I now have enough clothes myself that I don't borrow her clothes anymore. She owns the master closet and the only thing I have in there is my dresses since my home office closet isn't tall enough for my maxi dresses. So I think the limit is not to take too much space up in the closet that it affects her

We talk over most everything so no power switch.
    My wife does not like dresses, skirts, heels or hose. She is a shorts and tee shirt gal. She does has a few dresses and skirts.
    I own more skirts and dresses than she does. I have three dresses and ten skirts. Many times she will borrow one of my skirts to wear to special occasions.

Sometimes I think we're the people keeping dressmakers in business.

I have about 20 dresses and my wife has 5. She only wears a dress for very formal occasions. Most of the time she wear slacks and plain tees.

Not married, no significant other. I have five now and am prepping for a photo shoot that i was invited to after the Halloween party so building my choices.

I've got a handful of dresses. She has a couple of closets full of really nice stuff. She's always dressed well. My stuff is mostly casual, hers is everything from casual to semi-formal.

I definitely wear the dresses in my relationship, my wife doesnt like to wear them too much, have a lot more dresses than she has , thats for sure. And we both have always been equals in making decisions in the household
    Last edited by Robyn16; 06-25-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

We both wear dresses I love to see her in a dress. We ask for help from each other with family decisions, however I have still never won an argument in 42 year. I have a lot of dresses (18) however she has more (30). I do own too many she has only said it once (which means she has thought that many times lol ) I just don't have the opportunity to wear them enough to have soo many.

It's most certainly me who wears the dress in the family.
    I have about a dozen for all occasions and she owns maybe 4. It only changes the dynamic when I'm wearing one and quite frankly the dressier it is the more I relinquish control. I'm sure there's a relationship there and I really don't care. I also have about a dozen skirts to her zero.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hmm. Since the one I've been together longest with is my parrot (30 years), I guess that's my SO. Since birds don't wear clothes, I guess it's me wearing the dresses.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4metoo2004 View Post
    Not married, no significant other. I have five now and am prepping for a photo shoot that i was invited to after the Halloween party so building my choices.
    Thanks for posting this. I was also going to post even though I'm single. It's interesting to read all the replies. I own about 15-20 dresses and that's about right for me. I have enough in different styles that I really like.

When we first met, (back in the late 60's) all my wife wore were skirts and dresses. She bought her first pair of blue jeans in order to ride on my motorcycle. About 20 years ago my wife started to wear slacks and jeans more and more. Her closets still contain countless skirts and dresses. I've probably worn a dress or skirt more times in the last 5 days, than she has in the last 5 years.

We make individual decisions about clothes and such, but joint decisions about important matters.

Karen

hello Robbiegirl,
    I wear dresses more often than my wife. Dresses are more powerful than trousers (= pants in the US) in my opinion. Trousers are BORING (unless they are made of lace !)
    luv J

Gold Member
    In my house, It was who wears the Bra.
    When we would go out someplace, my wife was wearing a Bra, and I was not.
    When we came home, she would ask me o un-hook her bra; then she asked me, where is your bra,
    I will hook you up. Someone should wear a bra in the house, and it might as well be you.
    I loved coming home.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    LOL Rader, my wife will often say when she does not want to wear her bra and I am, "As long one of us is wearing a bra then it's okay".

Aspiring Member
    I am currently unattached but have a lovely GG friend I meet up with for coffee and shopping. I am sometimes dressed in male clothes and sometimes dressed as Susan. The score so far is that I have seen her three times in a dress and she has seen me in four. We recently established that I have 1025 dresses and she has about 25.

I have 3 dresses in my size, and they fit beautifully. My housemate has many dresses, but she is a size smaller than I am, which means I can fit her dresses around my waist, but over the shoulders and chest is extremely difficult. She does dress very conservatively for work, but does totally rock an after hours dress. I just wish she realises how good she looks as she does play herself down quite a bit. She has helped me pick up my fashion sense, in guy mode, no end, so I cannot complain.

Platinum Member
    Hi Robbie Girl , MyWife has one or two dresses that she hasn't worn for year now,

I have a couple dozen that I love to wear. >Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

wife does not wear dresses, I have one but love skirts which I wear daily at home.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I do. my current BF knows that I'm the fem one in the relationship.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Only recently had a clear out, but about 12 dresses, tops. Wife has about the same, but rarely wears them. Who wears the trousers? 50/50, but I'm heading for separation soon, so I really don't give a damn what she thinks now.

The question reminds me of our now departed PM Maggie Thatcher and her husband Denis. On being asked who wore the trousers in their house, he replied, "I do and I also wash and iron them"
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

🙋love dresses, skirts, garter's, stockings, etc... Way more than my wife. They just feel amazing, especially when outside!

I wouldn't put it in a who owns more?, as much as, who wears more dresses? My wife buys and has lots of dresses but she doesn't wear them. I must admit, not to sound like a stereotype man that the woman does the house, but when I dress up I do enjoy doing house work. I don't know if its maybe thinking when I was younger and the women stayed home and the man went to work. I believe I lost a little of the wearing of the pants because I wear the dresses in the house. Interesting post thanks