Thread: Jealous

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jealous

I'm retired and didn't have a lot on my agenda for yesterday other than to to reorganize parts of my wardrobe that had to be moved while family visited recently. I got up early and put on a cute new knee length dress and sandals. It was the perfect outfit for the day.

But, after going through the stuff that needed to be rehung in my closet, I decided I needed to make a Walmart run for more hangers with slots to hold the tops. I wear a beard and had my long gray hair back in a bun. I was, and always am, a man-in-a-dress. I'm one who feels cute, feels comfortable and somewhat indulged in women's things, but I still feel totally all man, even in a dress. That's where the jealousy comes in. I'd have loved to have just grabbed a bag and made the errand in the dress, without worrying that my photo might end up in a 'people of walmart' meme somewhere on the internet. I feel just as masculine in a dress as any woman should feel feminine in jeans. But, I am totally aware that that's not it would look from the outside.

I'm old enough to remember when blue jeans were "men's clothes" but never thought anything about it when women started wearing them. More power to them. For while in the mid-seventies, my wife and I could share our Levis 'big bells'. More and more 'women's cut jeans came in after that and now there are women's jeans and men's jeans.

It's beating an old dead horse I know. I'm not really even blaming anyone. Just venting.

Oh, and I did get a little satisfaction by putting on some 'girl' jeans, a pink t, and a woman's hoodie with my white chuck taylors. Not quite the same, but still nice.
    Last edited by Bea_; 06-25-2019 at 09:20 AM.