Thread: TSA fiasco

TSA fiasco

I’m only about a week into being full time so I still get a little panicky at times. For instance today going on through airport security. I’m flying up to Boston for a client interview. As I go through the body scan machine I get pulled to the side and on a gigantic screen there’s a drawing or a human and on the crotch region a big yellow blinking blurb. Obviously my double layered underwear obscured the scan and required further checking. So I’m standing in a crowd with my crotch blinking on a screen. The woman working for the tsa was very friendly and kindly gave me a private screening to help the situation. I’m not mad at the tsa. I understand that they have to check things like that. It just sucked. A lot. As much as i love that I’m full time and being myself. Being myself full time makes me face the things that make me dysphoric. And having the biggest one highlighted on a screen then checked for explosives by strangers stung. Any way if you pad and tuck at the airport beware this could happen.
    Last edited by ashleymasters; 06-27-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Banned Read only
    You really shouldn't associate that experience with being who you are. After losing a decent amount of weight a few years ago, I was left with some pockets of fat around my abdomen that apparently show up as c4 explosive every time I get scanned at the airport. This means I have to get fondled in public every single time. Don't fret over it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    TSA can be a pain. The nice lady officer in Las Vegas saw the outline of my forms in the carry-on and asked which show I appeared in.
    On the return trip, the moron in DC made a big effing production taking each one out in front of all the people who were mad about the delay and slowly
    tested each one for explosives. Not professionally, just a lazy POS wasting time.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Those TSA screens/monitors should have a privacy filter on them or something. There's no need for the entire crowd to be able to see the screen and see the crotch area highlighted. A cheap privacy filter on the screen would allow the TSA agent to be notified of the area of the body that requires further inspection, without announcing to the entire passenger crowd that a crotch inspection needs to happen.

Silver Member
    To sorta make up for the TSA situation, I do hope your client interview went well.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    On the return trip, the moron in DC made a big effing production taking each one out in front of all the people who were mad about the delay and slowly tested each one for explosives.
    I live in DC, and I packed my forms in my carry-on, expecting that they might need to be inspected. As I saw my bag going back and forth through the scanner, I knew that I had "been caught". As the TSA guy came up to me, i told him, "I think I know what you're looking at; I have breast forms in there." He said, "OK, but I still have to inspect them." And before I could even ask him, he asked me if I wanted a private screening. And the private screening was very professional, and no testing for explosives residue. He even gave me a few extra minutes to re-pack my bag neatly so I didn't have to do it in public.

According to TSA, you can always ask for a private screening. They have a special room for that.

On my return from Orlando, the forms just passed right through.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hey everyone. Just an update. I went on the interview and it was great. I should hear something in a few days.

Good luck Ashley on the JOB, hope you get it and youll be closer and in New England!
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Banned Read only
    Ashleymasters,

I can't help feeling if this problem arose for you how are people treated with an incontinence problem . I'm still surprised the screen was openly visible to other passengers . The same could be said for people who may have had a recent operation in the groin area . In these circumstances do the TSA prefer medical documents explaining the situation ?

Others have mentioned the problem of forms again the TSA has to show some compassion as women as well as men do wear them and again do they require documents if you have implants ?

Ashley, may be your thing down there is too big. I tuck 24/7 more than 7 years so far. I traveled several times, 3 times international flights and never had a problem.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

we mostly don't have those silly body scanners and security paranoia over here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    we mostly don't have those silly body scanners and security paranoia over here
    You didn't have 9-11 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I live in DC, and I packed my forms in my carry-on, expecting that they might need to be inspected. As I saw my bag going back and forth through the scanner, I knew that I had "been caught".
    Part of the reason I moved from DC fifteen years ago was the high security nature of everything and the ineptness and attitude of some of the public service workers.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

no, we had Irish bombers for 30 years, city centres etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I guess I am lucky as I travel about every six weeks and when I go through the scanner I always have to turn around a look for the display. Normally it is very close to the scanner and position at a angel that it is hard for any one but the TSA agent to see

I have never had an issue with the agents before or after my transition

Richelle