Thread: Time is a healer !

Banned Read only

Time is a healer !

I'm sure most of you recall my stories of how my sister in law has kindly met me for coffee and even gone furniture shopping with me as Teresa . Our greatest fear was my wife would find out and go ballistic . SMy wife has now taken to making catch up phone calls with me basicaslly to keep me informed about the rest of the family . In her last call she calmly told me about a conversation with her sister about our outings , she admitted how should would have reacted at one time but is now happy her sister is giving me some support . I replied by telling her I appreciated she wouldn't do it unless she was comfortable with me , my wife then added at the moment she couldn't do that so I told the ball was totally in her court on that issue .

She ended by saying she would make inquiries about a divorce next February when the two years has elapsed , she said she would be happy to pay for it so we could then move on , who am I to argue , it was music to my ears but I'm still being cautious .

Teresa,
    Sounds like an amenable end to sad time for you I am not sure but with my divorce (handled by a UK solicitor) our separation had to be notarised by a solicitor whether this makes any difference to your already 2 yrs apart I know not except if you have categorical evidence of your separation.
    Roll on February then your new life as Teresa cqn really take off Good luck.
    By the way did you mean to type healer?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I am not a believer in the expression, "time heals all wounds". Wounds heal through a process of forgiveness, and time! Only you would know how your EX will respond to your CD'ing, now that you two are separated. It is easy to say I forgive, but the proof is the pudding! Maybe your sister in law is showing her what she is missing by not having you as a friend.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hmmm, Gillian.

I heard it was: "Time wounds all heels".
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    No sense in beating a dead horse to death!

Glad to read that your SIL's support is accepted as a positive. I hope that, whatever the outcome, it will be amicable.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    Yes a typing slip , I've asked dear Shelly to correct it for me . How time flies two years in a blink of an eye !

Gillian,
    A very good point , I do believe seeing my SIL has had an effect as she told me at the end of the conversation how much she missed me and then she asked me that question , luckily I was drinking my coffee and blamed choking on that .

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Teresa in some ways my heart hurts for you, divorce is not always pleasing even if the circumstances are such as you and
    I have been through, but then it is nice you have your sis in laws support. I know too that not having the burden of the wife’s non support and being free so to speak will be better.
    For me I still miss mine and we have zero communication now and that hurts. But we all move on and I’m sure you are ready

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I'm sure most of you recall my stories of how my sister in law has kindly met me for coffee and even gone furniture shopping with me as Teresa.
    I think you can take it on faith that when you refer to yourself, people assume you’re talking about Teresa, not that man we’ve never seen.

Seems things are moving nicely. May the trend continue.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

What great news you have related. So happy for you in that your SIL misses you and your wife is relaxing a bit. February is a long ways off, but it is all headed in a direction that is perhaps all for the best for everyone. Sad but there are certainly some bright spots appearing which perhaps weren't there before. Girl, you are going to make it through this difficult time and I suspect your wife will also be happier. It may turn out that you two become friends.

What time does not heal and can't be put aside, only death will cause it to subside.

Silver Member
    Time marches on, but slowly if in high heels.

Banned Read only
    Patience,
    I only add ," as Teresa " to avoid some people asking if I was in drab , not everyone realises I am full time .

Gretchen,
    That's a really tough one to answer , how much caution do I exercise , will the divorce come that easliy or I will I still have a price to pay ? The mistrust always felt one sided now it works both ways ?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Teresa,

Long time no speak. I've just read about your visit to the Open Air Shakespeare Theatre, which sounds like an epic day and the giving blood bit. Isn't that taxation?
    Fantastic to see that you have a well established life going on now. I hope the divorce bit goes through without too much ado, but you appear to turn sour into sweet for a living.

Best of luck.

Becky xx
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

It still saddens me that it came to this for you, Teresa. It's clearly for the best though. Your emancipation has been a long time coming.
    As for the divorce itself, well, here's hoping it's as amicable and stress-free as anyone could wish.
    Mine and Wifeling's thoughts are with you, my friend.