Thread: A really wonderful day !

Banned Read only

A really wonderful day !

I'm beginning to think perhaps members may be tired of my stories but it really was a wonderful one today .

As usual I had disturbed night and really needed to push myself to put my makeup but I had several jobs to do . The important one was to buy my bedding plants to fill the flower tubs before they sell out . I then realised the recycle centre was on the way to the garden centre and then for some reason I thought I'd catch with a GG friend who runs the office for the local Openair Shakespeare theatre . For once the sun was shining so the drive through the countryside to the recycle centre was enjoyable . The recycle team were lovely , they saw the load I had and thinking I was female emptied my car for me , we had a qiuck chat and a shared joke and I headed of the the garden centre . I met a lady I knew from the Art Centre and chatted for several minutes with her and her husband , the sales staff were very friendly and helpful .

I drove back through the narrow country lanes to the open air theatre unfortunately my GG friend had retired last November , the new secretary charmingly invited me into her office , she didn't realise who I was until I told her all the framed pictures around the main hall , stairway and bar were taken , mostly printed and framed by me , then she said , " Oh you're the Terry I've heard so much about and stood up and gave me a huge hug adding , " You're pictures are so beautiful, it's so lovely to meet you !" Then she asked are you still Terry so I said yes spelt with an " I ". At that point a lady who I have known for many years but not seen for some time appeared in the office , the secretary asked her if she knew Terry , the lady stared at me for several minutes but when I said hello S**** the penny dropped , " OH my goodness , what's happened to you ? You look wonderful !" and gave me a huge hug . I gave her the whole story , I will add this lady was quite a society lady and not one I would expect to embrace anyone from the TG community but she just wouldn't stop hugging me . I noticed a pile of old programs by the door and happened to mention all the years I photographed the plays I never kept a printed program of my results so they rummaged through and and gave me as many as they could find with my photographs in . I thanked them both again and as I turned to leave they both gave me a big hug . On my way out I recognised a guy they called " Big Nick " sitting in his car , he acted for many years now he just runs errands for the company , I said , " Hello Nick " , his reply was I recognise the voice but I can't place the person , then he said , " It's Terry , isn't it ? " then he said , " Before you say anymore , I'm going to tell you you make lovely passable woman , I'm stunned with your bravery ". We chatted for several minutes , he knew my wife well because she was the secretary at the theatre many years ago so there was a great deal to catch up on .

The point of this story is even if you don't feel up to the mark , it's still worth making the effort , just go out there and be you and do it .

Just for the record the theatre is called the Stamford Shakespeare Company , it's a large open air theatre with a large covered seating area . The main building is Elizabethan with a large bar , resturant and orangery and formal gardens, the extensive grounds are used before the performances for picnics . On a warm summers evening it's the ideal venue to watch the plays, especially magical is , " A Midsummer Night's Dream " . I recall taking photographs of this particular play at midnight after the performance was over , between the glade of trees at the back of the stage they had hung a huge spider's webb and through it the actual moon was shining , the picture was pure magic !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-28-2019 at 05:04 PM.

That's a great story and just shows you never really know somebody.
    Well done on making yourself make the effort.
    Xx

Aspiring Member
    We are never tired of your stories. You are out there and enjoying it. All power to your elbow.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , I have followed you through one train wreck after another over the last six years
    and it really sounds like you are staying on track with your new life now.

I always enjoy your stories,

If they ever make a movie about your life who would be in the staring roll?? >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Enjoyed the story. It's nice to read of genuine acceptance and appreciation for who we are.

Banned Read only
    Blue,
    I have noticed a suspicious looking character following my round with a large camera , so perhaps it's happening behind my back .

You've always been very kind with your replies and very supportive , I do value that, perhaps I wouldn't be where I am now without those little injections of confidence .

This is one member who is definitely not tired of your stories. I look forward to a Teresa post whenever I log into the CD site.
    As I have said before, you should collect all of your posts and transform them into a book of your experience. I think it would be as good if not better than anything else that is now available.

What I really love about your stories is that you manage to inspire gentleness and humour in so many of the people with whom you interact.

Please keep on telling us about your experiences as they are so lovely.

Banned Read only
    Consuello,
    From the very start I always stated I would be ME ! and ME just happens to be TG , I just happen to come in differnt packaging now , I've found that balance to be who I am , my interactions with people reflect how I feel , admitting I'm TG has brought out the best in me .

Teresa,

I agree. You are definitely YOU and you are unabashedly TG but you also seem to have a way of engaging with others that puts them are their ease with the TG YOU. Whether that is a gift of your personality or something you deliberately cultivate, I don't know. What I do know is that if we all could be as effective as ambassadors for our community as you seem to be, then we might be able to break through the "acceptance barrier". It is partly for that reason that I believe you should write about your experience and your journey for a wider audience.

Banned Read only
    Consuelo,
    I often see it as repaying a debt , from the start I owe the forum a great deal . I hope most see my stories as something to build on , gradually gaining confidence, believing in yourself . I admit I'm still work in progress but I have a clear direction now .

Some may be confused by my thread in the NB section titled , " Stuck in a transgender rut " . to be considered an ambassador in your words I've realised you need to move out of the shadow of the TG community and the safety net it offers .

Putting people at their ease goes back to my photography , it has to be part personality and part cultivated , dealing more or less with the dysphoria and accepting I'm TG has in my opinion brought out the best in me .

I'll never grow tired of hearing your stories Teresa. Life is what we make it, so a willingness to be ourselves in both old and new environments, often pays big dividends. Thanks for sharing another great day.

Karen

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Always look forward to your posts and your responses to others posts. Your are a special person.

Thanks Teresa, a delight as ever.
    I'm so glad you're increasingly at peace with life.