Thread: A great day trip!

A great day trip!

So I am out to most the important people in my life. Well except my brother. Well over the weekend my brother and his wife and two girls were visiting my mom. And my sister who I have told and showed pictures and her two girls were potentially going to visit for the weekend. And my mom has seen me a few times at my house in a skirt and such but never at her house. So we were going to my mom's for a day trip to see everyone and I was thinking about wearing a skirt and if I should ask my mom her opinion. But I decided not to since me and my boys tend to ride the four wheelers half the time while there and didn't think a skirt would work very well on a four wheeler. Well my wife asked me why I wasn't wearing a skirt. I told her about the four wheelers and she was like that isn't a very good excuse. So with her nudge I decided to wear a skirt (denim so it wouldn't flail about, past my knees for modesty, and flared so I had room to straddle the four wheeler). My wife was so excited to see my brother's wife reaction (she is kind of uppity). I packed a pair of shorts since the plan was to go out for dinner so I would change for going out.

Well we got there and not an issue. My mom was a little shocked, my nieces gave an inquisitive look then acted normal, my brother asked if it was my wife's skirt and I said it was one of my skirts, and the brother's wife was upstairs for a while so my wife had to wait for her reaction. Well about an hour later she came down and had no reaction. My wife was sitting there waiting for it and I gave her a smile that nothing.

During lunch my wife split food on herself so she wanted to head to the local Walmart to buy a cheap shirt (the rest of us packed a change of clothes but she didn't). She wanted me to drive her and I thought she would want me to wait in the car because of the skirt. But no she wanted to go in with our youngest son. Her second regular type outing with me in a skirt and first with a kid in tow. She mentioned how there were a lot of stares afterwards. Actually have to agree there were more stares than a typical outing.

Later in the afternoon I mention to my brother's wife that I brought shorts to change into for dinner. She said why, that there was no reason for me to change. I also told my mom and she said she didn't care if no one else cared.

So when it came time to head out for dinner, my wife asked if I was going to change and I said how my brother's wife said it was ok (and she was coming into the room as I said this). So the three of us talked about it, and how my wife doesn't have me dress around town to prevent our kids from being bullied. The brother's wife said she doesn't understand that, that I should dress how I want and show the kids a good example of being myself. I wonder if this will change my wife's outlook on my dressing at all. So I went out to dinner in the skirt. Actually very few stares despite being fairly crowded.

I am really impressed with how the day turned out

Wow that's an awesome day. You are lucky to have a family like that. For some reason I was waiting to read that your brother's wife was going to say with her reaction it's ok your brother wears a skirt at home too.

Asew, this is such a wonderful story on so many fronts. You are fortunate to have such an accepting family. Thank you for sharing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So glad everything worked out.

Sounds like an AWESOMELY GREAT DAY girl. glad it went so well for you.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Since you said that your brother was also attending the gathering, what did HE have to say? You only mention his wife's reactions.

Asew, That sounds great. I'm glad your uppity SIL was OK with it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Asew: sounds like you had a great time and a lot of acceptance.

Great story. I have a few roadblocks in my own family. Since one of the roadblock (who knows) is very sick and has requested to not see me in a dress. I do not go to see them in anything fem.
    Headed to Nashville this week end (Sat Jl 13th 2019). will dress a little.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-09-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Wow, congratulations! That's a level of courage that I don't have, sounds like your brother's sister is isn't as uppity as you thought, at least when it comes to skirts.

Love the story, but what about the riding quad bikes in the denim skirt? Did that not happen?

My brother initially asked if it was my wife's skirts and I said it was one of my skirts. But other than that it seemed like any other get together. Probably why I didn't mention too much about it. And why I focused so much on my SIL reaction was because both my wife and I thought she would be the one with the most to say about it (and she did, but in a supportive way).

Did maybe 20 minutes on the four wheeler with my youngest riding with me while following my oldest on the trails in the woods. Then maybe an hour of the youngest riding the baby quad in the field while my oldest and I rode the big quads around him. It was his first time riding the baby quad (took a few tries to tune it so he could start it from a stop and still not go too fast). The skirt I picked out worked out pretty good. The flair was enough to easily get on and off no problem and long enough too particularly since I had to get on and off many times helping the little one while trying to the tuning just right. And another thing I noticed was the heat off the engine would get trapped under the skirt so I had to sit back a little further so the engine heat wouldn't go up my skirt.

Oh, yeah I get that the greater family approval pressure is massive. A happy ending though. I imagine the bike fun was good. Though those things are dangerous!