Thread: Eyes popped out !!

Banned Read only

Eyes popped out !!

Sorry it's a repeat of my visit to the hairdressers but this time it was very different .

I debated last time about going dressed and just pop my wig off to get my hair cut and then relace my wig , it went very well especially as I was the only customer .
    This time there was a lady sitting next to me having her hair done for a wedding so she was trying her hat on to check the hairstyle . Another lady sat at the far end having colour applied , as I sat in the waiting area another lady entered the shop but the owner called me to give me my trim , I'd taken my wig stand and placed it on the counter , as I lifted my wig off I saw in the mirror the lady's expression in the waiting area , her eyes nearly popped out !! I sat down in the stylist's chair wearing a skirt, Tshirt and wedges , I could still see the lady in the waiting area in the mirror , she hadn't taken her eyes off me . The lady next to me tried the hat on again , so I half turned and told it looked great . When I was finished I popped my wig on and gave it a good brush through , the stylist smiled at me when I said , " That feels better !" The lady with the hat had moved to the waiting area, she wasn't at all bothered by me and we chatted for some time about her impending wedding and weddings in general , as I left I wished her all the best for the wedding , she returned the comment and added , " By the way you look great , good on you for doing what you're doing !"
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-03-2019 at 01:58 PM.

That sounds great. perhaps the turning tides will one day grant us acceptance to be who we are and not what society expects us to be. I hope that I have the courage someday to step out dressed as I feel.

I think I can picture it..

basil_wolverton_heap_0.jpg

Cool story.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Patience ,
    Very much like that but I have to admit the lady wasn't unattractive .

Platinum Member
    Nice to read another thread of common decency and acceptance.

PS: Any Brits dress up before the Yanks beat UK in soccer?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Teresa I’ve had some pleasant experiences too at the place I go for my hair styling. Now it’s a salon school so you would expect that but on my last visit I was getting what is now my rather long hair for me trimmed.
    I wore my skort and nice top with my sandals. So with my newly painted toes on display the customer across from me says
    “Your toes look great “ so I tell her where I got them done.
    It is so nice like you say to feel welcome and accepted, even here in conservative Texas

And this is how it starts. Before long everyone will know you.

You'll see things get easier as you become part of the community.

I'd have loved to have seen the reactions. Thanks for sharing, Teresa.

Teresa,
    Have you considered growing your hair and just having it styled? I can understand why you want your hair cut to wear beneath a wig. When my hair is long wearing wigs becomes more of a problem for some reason.

That was very thoughtful of the lady who was trying on hats to compliment you and encourage you.

By the way Stephanie- The USA women beat the England women not the UK women. I don't remember any women's team from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland made it to the World Cup

Teresa,

Another lovely tale of friendly folk.

Looking at your avatar if that's the wig you wore then growing out your hair and being able to style it into something that could be dual gender depending upon how it's combed doesn't seem that far off. Plus you'd be much cooler in the warm weather.

As for the football, what is it with England and penalties?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , You are so out there and so mainstream now,

This is all just second nature to you now.

As always another great Teresa Adventure. >Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Consuelo,
    That was my exact comment to the hairstylist but it can never happen .

Helen,
    Yes it is the one in my avatar it's by Noriko with a monofilament cap it's so light weight and very breathable that the hot weather doesn't give me a problem , OK it wasn't cheap but well worth the money .

Jean,
    It's getting very much that way . On Wednesday I paid another visit to my painting group in my old home town unfortunately the coffee shop was closed in the Art Centre so the group had gone off into the town to find another coffee shop , I spent twenty minutes searching for them so I spoke to almost every shop owner in my search , it might be a small town but it has at least a dozen coffee shops and tea rooms . One of them was owned by a lovely lady who I'd taken wedding pictures of some years ago , I have been in her shop for a light lunch with my painting group but in drab . She was very polite but I knew she just hadn't recognised me ( back to the passing debate again !) I had to spell it out , " I'm Terry who photographed your wedding !" She put her hand to her mouth and took a deep gulp , " Oh my goodness , it is you ! **** your wife was only in here for coffee yesterday !" Now that was a close call , it could have been trickier if she'd said your wife is sitting behind you !
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-05-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Teresa,
    Have you considered growing your hair and just having it styled? I can understand why you want your hair cut to wear beneath a wig. When my hair is long wearing wigs becomes more of a problem for some reason.

That was very thoughtful of the lady who was trying on hats to compliment you and encourage you.

By the way Stephanie- The USA women beat the England women not the UK women. I don't remember any women's team from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland made it to the World Cup
    Oh my! If my hair were long enough to have a hairdresser work with it, I would certainly give up on wigs! I would live in waves, bags and curls for the rest of my life! Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Nice to get acceptance from good people

As for the football Never did anything special well apart from roaring my approval as the USA won (Abe) and had a celebratory cup of tea
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    Teresa,
    Lovely story from the salon. I feel quite at ease in salons, whether hair, nail or wig.
    Cheerio!

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Nice to get acceptance from good people

As for the football Never did anything special well apart from roaring my approval as the USA won (Abe) and had a celebratory cup of tea
    Such sour grapes towards England from a northern cousin. 😁

Is it cos the Scotland men's team failed to qualify for Russia last year perchance?! 😜

(I'm just yanking your chain, Sophie. I'm more of a rugby fan anyway. 😊 )

Banned Read only
    Come on Girls this thread isn't about football ! Not unless we're talking about coming out as a CDers football team ! Now there's a thought !

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    " Oh my goodness , it is you ! **** your wife was only in here for coffee yesterday !" Now that was a close call , it could have been trickier if she'd said your wife is sitting behind you !
    Please grow some gumption ! Your wife does not own you....
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Teresa, That was a very nice story, I really like your adventures.
    Crissy