Thread: Room in the Closet

Room in the Closet

So yesterday when I got home from work my wife showed me that she had made room in the closet for me to put my female wardrobe. I told her how nice and thoughtful she was but I do not have nearly enough things to even make a dent in the space that she had made for me. Her reply was To the internet! So we spent some time shopping online and ordered a couple of dresses, garter belt and stockings a nice top and slacks and some panties. She told me that my tastes were a lot different then hers... She said that when the things come in we can spend the day playing dress up and drinking some wine. My life has become a roller coaster.

My life is changing...and I am very excited about it!

Rachel

Wow! Just shows the wisdom of letting her go at her own pace. Make sure you are taking care of her needs. This will have to be a two way street.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

What an amazing wife you have. Remember to do something nice in return for her.
    But enjoy playing dress when the things arrive.
    Xx

Oh Happy Day...
    You're so lucky to have a wife like that. Be thankful and treat her well.

Now go enjoy yourself and just be happy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Wow! You won the lottery!

Shopping together is fun
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

You are so lucky. I would love to shop with my SO. Unfortunately I cannot see that happening. Make sure and do something to show your appreciation of her taking these steps!

Watch out, it doesn't take long to fill that closet, the next closet, a few dressers, some stackable storage tubs, the entire attic, etc...

So many great outfits, so little space.

Silver Member
    I agree with the person who said you won the lottery. I love that your wife wants to help you shop.

Would she take you out shopping in person? The fun and the possibilities are endless!

Hi Rachel,

This is some awesome news, hon. You have a amazing wife.

Robin

Hi Rachel,

I'm so excited for you. Have fun and make sure you treat your wife well!

Marion

Banned Read only
    WHY is Racheal's wife so accepting and other wives want a divorce?.. If you know the answer explain it to me, please. Does she find it just fun to enjoy girl clothes with the one person she is very close with and loves? Why is crossdressing such a big deal breaker? Do wives have to have it all their way or they are out the door? Spoilt or selfish????

"Spoilt" or "Selfish"? Maybe.

But the words "Insecure", "Intolerant", "Entitled", "Controlling", and "Socially conditioned ("brainwashed"?) by a still male-centric - and largely trans-and homophobic - patriarchy" come to mind as well...

How about saying "Congrats" to Rachel, for having such a wonderful partner who is willing to accept the situation?

Some people seem to forget that a marriage is a partnership and not a frigging dictatorship. Compromise is not a dirty word.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Rachel, that is wonderful. Get your wife something cute.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

One of my compromises when I was married was to avoid bringing up her body image issues. A lot of women can't buy anything that fits at VS. Just like I can't wear anything in the men's department without it looking ridiculously over sized.

Deebra, I must say it was not the reaction that I was expecting and it certainly was not the same reaction that occurred from the same women over 20 years ago. Even right now she tells me that something that would be an off limits area but the next day changes her mind and say that it would be fine to do. This is a relationship over 30 years in the making. When the kids grew up and moved out we spent our time with each other and grew closer. I feel that this is the result of our investing in each other over years and she tells me she wants me to be happy and be free to be who I am. Just as I have always supported her when she decided to pursue her Masters degree and then her doctorate.

Just a few thoughts...expressed with love, and understanding that we are all confused when it comes to GG.

Rachel

Jodie_Lynn, you're right on the money.

Rachel, My wife mentioned the other day I should just move my stash up to our bedroom closet and my dresser. She said we could move the junk off the shelves in the closet for my high heel collection.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Rachel View Post
    Deebra, I must say it was not the reaction that I was expecting and it certainly was not the same reaction that occurred from the same women over 20 years ago. Even right now she tells me that something that would be an off limits area but the next day changes her mind and say that it would be fine to do. This is a relationship over 30 years in the making. When the kids grew up and moved out we spent our time with each other and grew closer. I feel that this is the result of our investing in each other over years and she tells me she wants me to be happy and be free to be who I am. Just as I have always supported her when she decided to pursue her Masters degree and then her doctorate.

Just a few thoughts...expressed with love, and understanding that we are all confused when it comes to GG.

Rachel
    Your relationship sound similar to my wife's and mine. A few years back she about blew a gasket when she found out about my desire to dress. But we had a great relationship already so it was just a bump in the road. Just a short 2-3 years ago I would have never guess the time would come where she is ok with me wearing a dress, lingerie, high heels and fake boobs while we sit and relax in the evenings.

Pumped,
    Awesome right. Today I emptied out the small suitcase with my fem cloths and put them away in our bedroom closet and my dresser. We even sat together holding hands while watching the TV while I wore a skirt and top. I feel that a thousand pound stone has been lifted from me (The lying) and that my whole self is being accepted.

Aspiring Member
    From her point of view the main issue here might not even be that the clothes she is making space for are women's clothes for her husband. Just the creation of the room is probably an issue. Women are reported as taking up 2/3 of the storage space in homes. I would have a problem with a new partner as I am already using 3/3 of the storage space plus spillover areas. If anyone moved in compromise would be required as it would be across the relationship, but creating space for her stuff would be hard!!!! So double credit to Rachel's partner.

The biggest issue in a relationship is trust, which is the number one reason CDs break up. Too many lies and secrets break the marriage.
    But, if you have been together a long time, your partner may be so confident about fundamental trust issues that minor stuff is just that, minor stuff.
    Will your partner stay if you become disabled or come down with one of those horrible diseases? Big stuff.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    The biggest issue in a relationship is trust, which is the number one reason CDs break up. Too many lies and secrets break the marriage.
    But, if you have been together a long time, your partner may be so confident about fundamental trust issues that minor stuff is just that, minor stuff.
    Will your partner stay if you become disabled or come down with one of those horrible diseases? Big stuff.
    Coming out as a CD in a long term relationship is minor stuff these days. The world must be a tough place to live. LoL Where have I been for the past 50 years.
    Last edited by Jane G; 07-05-2019 at 09:24 AM.

We have been through the hard stuff together. I was diagnosed with NHL back in 2003 and was informed that my life expectancy was 3 to 5 years. I went through some hard chemo and I know how hard it was on her as I was completely dependent on her while she also worked and took care of our teenage daughter. She has been a rock. The experience did draw us closer together and I am admittedly a changed man from the experience. A much better man in her words. Today I am in remission for 11 years. She has a lot invested in me LOL

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for sharing! I've been through the full time caregiver/full time job ordeal myself. My boss was pleasantly surprised at how well I managed.

There was a time in which females were expected to suppress their needs for the good of the family. I suppose suppressing CD needs would seem similar to most GGs, though I'd sure like to hear from GGs that think otherwise.
    And that doesn't really count as lying from the old GG view of the world. But having a secret stash of female clothes is.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-05-2019 at 11:20 AM.