I have far less than a DADT relationship with my wife. She knows at least a little of my interest, but not anywhere near how far I have taken it in the past. I have dialed it way back out of respect for her, and recently purged everything. But I still have desires.

Recently, I went online looking for “purses for men” to see what came up. I didn’t want anything that would arouse suspicion and trigger a discussion I didn’t want to have. I settled on an over the shoulder “messenger bag”, and began carrying it as a purse. She commented after I’d been carrying it for a few days that “That’s a nice bag. Where did you get that?”, and I told her I’d ordered it online. A few days later, she said, “Boy, you put everything in there, don’t you?, and I replied about being tired of standing there at the dresser fumbling in the dark to get everything I needed in my pockets, and worrying that I had forgotten something. And she said, “Oh, so it’s your purse, huh?” And after that, she started referring to it as my purse, even asking me in front of her friend, is your phone in your purse? And I’ve said stuff about “my purse”, just as a matter of course.

We are on a trip for 4th of July, and stopped at a convenience store. When I went to pay, I had to root through my purse, which is just an open bag, for my wallet. When we got back in the car, she said, “you know, if you’re going to carry a purse, you really need to get one with sections so you can find stuff without having to pull everything out.” So I feel like she’s giving me permission to go buy a real purse, or at least she can’t say much if I do.

Am I reading too much into it? Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks.