Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just decided to own it...

Just decided to own it...

I had an unexpected opportunity to have some Molly time last night and today. Being the 4th I was a a little hesitant because of possible crowds. So, I decided to go to a movie. I went to a late showing in a nearby town. I had planned on wearing a denim skirt and top but discovered the skirt needed to go in the wash so I wore a casual blue dress. I have been letting my hair grow and it is down below my collar in back and well below the ears on the side. I played with hair styling and decided it was good enough and off I went.
    This morning I worked from home for a while and then decided to take care of a few things around the house. I needed to go to Home Depot and decided to just "own it" and go as Molly.
    I went to the HD in a nearby town, shopped a while, got what I needed, checked out and never got any negative reaction or vibes. Great time.
    I was feeling so good I decided go over to Kohl and get a couple of items I needed. Shopped around, got what I wanted, checked out... no issues. SA was great and "Come again Ma'am"

Love it when it all works well..

Hugs,
    Molly

20190705_133117.jpg

20190705_133006.jpg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats how its done.
    Now you have found out the public is far more accepting than you thought.
    I'm surprised how many here still refuse to just own it and live in fear.
    You are proof owning it is all it takes.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-05-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Congrats on taking the first steps into a larger world!

Next time though, gives us a heads up and maybe we can throw together a flash mob of angry villagers with torches.

Because, you know you were expecting that, weren't ya?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I have been out a number of times and each time is almost a new experience.
    But yes, the more you do the more confident you become. I still have occasions when I will get to my destination, check myself in the mirror and say no way, and chicken out.
    What I felt best about today was that I went where there is a higher likely hood of meeting Mr. Redneck... and I decided that getting out in a casual outfit that fit the occasion what just what I needed.,
    Felt good and I'll certainly be more confident going forward.

Carrying On !!

Molly

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If its any help Mr Redneck is nothing to worry about.
    I have found in my area the mountain/ rural people are the most accepting types you can find.
    I have done trans meetings up in the mountains of KY and WVa and the people are very nice and very accepting.
    Its the inner city people I find to be the highest concentration of haters especially in the north east USA.
    I have been dressed all over and that is just how it has been for me.

Banned Read only
    YES! You own it and that's all it really takes.

You look wonderful and happy Keep up the good work. Just remember that is a special moment today will change in the future to something else. Also, practice (repetition) makes perfect! Thanks for sharing.

I am quite impressed with you, dear.
    Roxanne Lanyon "A Girl's Heart Beats in Me"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

You look so happy there, Molly! Your joy is infectious. I'm really glad you had such a liberating experience.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Molly, I agree with others here it’s just all about just going out and doing it and now you are seeing that it’s easy.
    You look just fine. I’ve found the more I look around ggs they come in all shapes and sizes and looks.
    I’ve found for sure the more I go out the more it’s just routine, and yep I’ve grown out my hair too and for me that has helped a lot

Good for you, next time will be even easier for you

Molly, Good for you. I have never wanted to go to HD dressed, but to each her own.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Molly,
    It does get easier , with no chickening out . While we don't have "Rednecks " we do have alternatives but never read a book by it's cover , they're not always what that they appear .

Jamie ,
    I don't have any off limits .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-06-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Best to find your own time and space to 'own It', no? It's tough. Molly, you worked it by yourself, without any goading pressure?

I love the hair, Molly. You wear it well, girl.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

That's fantastic! That's what we all need to do. Way to go!

Great job on the hair!

Thanks for being a great roll model.

OMG Moly! You look so pretty. You definitely own it.

Banned Read only
    Of course you know you don't pass, so don't get over confident with the above threads and get your self in trouble. Reality check, not cruel.

Molly, disregard the sour grapes of some people. You look great!

It's not passing that is important, but how you feel about yourself.

And, the more comfortable and confident you become, the more you 'pass'. Paradoxical, but true.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Of course you know you don't pass, so don't get over confident with the above threads and get your self in trouble. Reality check, not cruel.
    Deebra, I have no illusions that I pass, especially to anyone that I have direct contact with such as an SA. I will say that what I experience when I do go out is what many others have said: that most people are busy about their own day and pay little attention to what another person might be doing. As I walk through a store I try to avoid congested areas and go about my business and have not had any negative reactions or comments.
    I try to be smart and dress appropriate for where I am going and to not draw attention to myself, interact only as needed and to be seen as just another shopper. When I go to a checkout I hope to be able select a woman and usually get treated respectfully and often get smiles and a friendly attitude.
    The point being, again, is that most people just don't care. I have gained confidence over the last few years when I have ventured out more and look forward to the opportunity.

Molly
    Last edited by char GG; 07-08-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Sent pm

Molly, You know what l, I think you look great and good for you going out and owning it. You go girl!
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Molly, I've been waiting for someone to ask u, "What did u own"?

U went out dressed to blend. U weren't confronted, recognized by someone who knows u, or received any negativity for being recognized as a trans. So, does "owning it", mean u went out confidently? But, going out with no problems, some mite call it "luck"!

I applaud your bravery! I hope u keep on enjoying going out as Molly. I never do that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Molly,
    I really like what you said in #20, you are doing everything perfectly and when I go out andro I try to do the same thing you are doing. And as doc said, I applaud your bravery. So much better to go out and enjoy rather than set home and want to. Truly hope #18 didn't hurt your feelings or confidence.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Looking good, great story, makes me want to get out more, wish I had your hair too.

Good for you girl. sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.
    Angie