Thread: Got my new female birth certificate!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Got my new female birth certificate!

I am so happy! Yesterday I received my updated birth certificate, and it totally exceeded my expectations! It shows my new female name and gender, and as expected has no visible indication that I ever had any other name or gender. But what totally blew me away was that since I ordered the “long form” version, with all the available details, it also has my mom’s original signature and the signatures of the witnesses from the day my birth record was originally filed! It literally looks exactly as if I had ordered a fresh copy of the original filed certificate! Wow!

With this, and my updated driver license, which also has no trace of my former name or gender, I should have no problems getting my passport. I never had a passport before this, so there will be no issues with having to change info on an existing passport.
    Attached Images Attached Images