Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I should be more responsible

I should be more responsible

Last night my wife had some errands to do and thought it would be a good idea if I would drive her so it would save her time finding parking and just all around faster for her. Of coarse to convince me she offered that I dress up and we are both doing each other a favour. I agreed and I do enjoy do it.
    When we were done and I stopped to put gas and I was wearing a summer dress with buttons on the front with almost half of them undone on the top and on the bottom, with biege fishnet stay-ups.
    It was a hot day and it looked like a storm was coming and it was getting really windy, as soon as I got out of the car the wind instantly went up my dress feeling so amazing. While I was putting gas the warm wind was coming from under the car and my dress was wiping around. When I got in the car my wife made a comment that she was looking in the mirror and asked me if it was appropriate that I was out there with my skirt up and stay-ups and at times even my panties showing and I made no effort to pull the dress down. She asked if that's the way I want to be seen in public and that I should put into consideration that is that the way I want people to see crossdresses. That I'm like a representative and I should set an example and act like a women not like a tramp. A women would have tried to pull her dress down and been more ladylike but she feels like that's the attention I'm looking for.
    She reminded me about a crossdresser we seen in a mall a few weeks back, we were sitting and we heard a clicking of heels and we looked over it was a women wearing very high heels that she couldn't walk in, I instantly noticed her very short skirt with her black stockings below the skirt. My wife whispered to me "where is that **** going dressed like that". As she got closer we realized she was a crossdresser and my wife asked me if I thought it was right if that's how crossdressers want to be respected and seen as. She felt it was very Inappropriate that this person had to present themselves this way in a mall, an even if she was going out clubbing from here is this how she wants to be seen.
    I told my wife I have a lot of respect for this person for having the courage to go out and be the person they want to be, and I had to admit I only wish I would see women dressed like that more.Lol. I did admit with the stockings and garters showing and a black see though top with a pink bra on was alittle over the top but people have there own choice.
    My wife only told me she is one to incourage freedom and seeing the big steps forward crossdressers are takeing and people are getting more excepting of it, but didn't believe dressing like that and acting like I did will help the cause. She believes that when I'm out in public that I should act responsible and dress decent and remember that I'm representing all crossdressing and everyone should do the same if we want to be treated properly. WOW! Am glad she's not with me when I drive with my skirt usally hiked up and showing my stocking to. Maybe she right, I should have acted more decent and tried to keep my skirt down.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    No right and wrong in this situation it's all down to what you want to be seen as , there is a differnce in being out dressed as a CDer and being out dressed more appropriate for your age and situation .

I'm inclined to agree with your wife if you want to be accepted and integrate more as a woman , no one can deny you making a statement it happens all the time at my social group meetings . The basic rules state no fetish wear but some outfits are possibly more suited for private viewing or in the confines of a TG meeting .

I also admit accidents do happen as they would with any GG , the wind can catch you out , I have a cotton wrap skirt which can reveal a great deal if I'm not careful so I wear a slip underneath .

When you go out on a daily basis and possibly meet the same people on more than one occasion there is an expectation you will dress appropriately , I find it lovely when I'm told I always look nice in what I wear , I don't think I'd want them say I looked a tart . If we want acceptance I feel we need to gain respect .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree with your wife if you want to look like a lady then act like one.

Sorry Maria, I also agree with your wife. I personally think that dressing like a woman means you need to act like one too.
    Dress and act how you want to in the privacy of your own home but out in public you need to think about how you are portraying yourself and others.
    Xx

Banned Read only
    If you were single you could go out in the middle of the day in lingerie and thigh high boots (and look outrageous + fabulous). Since you are clearly married to a very understanding and open-minded woman, LISTEN TO HER.

I’m also with your wife on this one. Her point is well taken.

My husband goes out looking like a lady. I appreciate that he presents himself in a classy way.

I'm also in agreement with your wife.

And while I don't want to say you can't wear, or appear as you want, I would like to remind you that to the local muggle population, you ARE a representative of the CD community.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Community schmunity. This isn't even about dressing or gender.

Most people would not be happy if their wife was "skirt up and stay-ups and at times even my panties showing and I made no effort to pull the dress down" and this is the same thing. You're in a relationship, so flashing the neighborhood is off the agenda. Simple as.

Banned Spammer
    So if your wife wants to get her jollies off flashing people in public how would you feel?
    What you did was pretty disgusting IMO.

Of course your wife was correct. But really this appears to be a no-harm, no-foul incident. I mean it happened at a gas station, so it's entirely possible that no one even noticed. So just graciously accept your wife's valuable input. This is a golden opportunity to tell her "You know Honey, I've been thinking about what you said and you were right."
    Last edited by Leelou; 07-06-2019 at 06:10 PM.

I remember walking over a bridge one summer when a gust of wind lifted my skirt to the waist, I was very embarrassed. Since then I’ve avoided light silk skirts on breezy days. Exhibitionism is a mild kink for some but you do have to remember who you are; to many, CDs are are still just fetishists and your behaviour just reinforces that view.

Banned Read only
    If you're ever in New York City make sure you do not stand over a subway grate when a train passes under unless you're Marilyn Monroe. That being said every little girl has been told by her mommy to not show her panties in public. Shame on you. If you want to do that there are some streets in my city where women do that and more.

When a smartly dressed crossdresser is dressing to blend--she blends--she cannot represent crossdressers to the world, because no one knows she is a crossdresser. Sigh. Frustrating.

Jennifer, "blending" does not equal 'invisibility'. It means not drawing undue attention to oneself. Blending means dressing (and acting) appropriate to your surroundings.

I blend well, but there ain't nobody being fooled by my clothes.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Ya, those S&%ts that wear see through shirts that are available in every young ladies major clothing shops are outrageous and worn by those "girls" who call themselves Sales Assistants at said clothing shop all do it so they can have sex with strangers.

Or maybe it's just hot, the top is comfortable, lots of the girls are wearing thinner/see through material and they just want a coffee, read the newspaper and relax?

IMG_20170806_064049.jpg

PS. I can't really comment on stockings or pantyhose, I prefer bare legs.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Your wife is right. Pay attention you are being schooled.

As I have said I have been schooled by my friends (GGs) . They took me in and accepted me as one of the girls

I remember the words of one of my friends, as I was a little out of line, " if you are going to be a lady than act like one". She as your wife are right.

How you dress is up to you. However I see a CDer round town who looks terrible as he wears skirts that are ridiculously short and very tarty clothes. I am sorry to see people staring at him. Personally I like to look elegant and feminine without being an exhibitionist. Showing stocking tops off might feel very feminine but it is, in my opinion, best kept for private moments rather than when out and about. I’m careful when getting out of the car not to show too much leg though of course this summer no problem as I’m wearing midi length dresses.
    Last edited by Cheshire girl; 07-07-2019 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Spelling

When I was growing up, a young lady would have been taken to the restroom to
    " discuss " such behavior by her Aunt or Mother

JAS

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    When I got in the car my wife made a comment that she was looking in the mirror and asked me if it was appropriate that I was out there with my skirt up and stay-ups and at times even my panties showing and I made no effort to pull the dress down. She asked if that's the way I want to be seen in public and that I should put into consideration that is that the way I want people to see crossdresses. That I'm like a representative and I should set an example and act like a women not like a tramp. A women would have tried to pull her dress down and been more ladylike but she feels like that's the attention I'm looking for.
    Your wife is very right ! As an out TG woman,you do us no favors.Best you stay home and tease yourself in the mirror.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Ouch! Way to shame a girl into behaving herself.

My opinion only but I think that being a CD here is irrelevant. A girl should dress how she wants to be seen in public. That being said however if I were out and about with my significant other then how I dress and behave is reflected on her as well as myself. Obviously you now know how your wife feels and though it sounds like this was a minor indiscretion I would just be more careful in the future and be considerate of her feelings and attitude. There is no shame here or right or wrong just consideration for the most important person in your life and how the two of you choose to work it out.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Maria,
    No right and wrong in this situation it's all down to what you want to be seen as , there is a differnce in being out dressed as a CDer and being out dressed more appropriate for your age and situation .
    Quite right, Teresa. Maria's wife's question to her about "respect" is spot on as well. There is a marked exhibitionist streak in some fetish dressers. We see examples of that here on a regular basis. While they have every right to go out and put on their show, they absolutely cede any claim to respect for anything other than that right.

To be clear, the exhibitionist fetish dressers don't owe us anything. That their behavior fosters a rather warped view, amongst an often ill-informed public, of all TG women, it is not their fault, per se. It is, however, intellectually dishonest to to suggest that it does not have that exact effect. To put it more bluntly, I spend a lot of my time working for an organization that is trying to improve things for gender non-conforming people, including those at the extreme under discussion, and the behavior of that group only serves to make our work more difficult.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 07-07-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

There’s a difference between “skimpy (to be PC) dressing, and poor dressing. You can dress “****ty” without dressing poorly. There’s nothing wrong with revealing or sexy. What I don’t like to see are girls dressed POORLY. Ill fitting or mismatched clothes, busted wig on crooked, or otherwise generally being (literally) badly dressed.

Banned Spammer
    I have learned not to say anything when I see a bad wig being worn completely wrong because the "you go girl" crowd send me brutal PMs calling me everything mean you could imagine.
    I mean a persons hair line is not 1/2 an inch from their eyebrows come on really?
    I try to comment in a nice way to help that person improve their look but so many get their butt hurt and make me the bad person. Best to let them look the way they want I guess.

Maria, I'm not a fan of people dressing provocatively in public, so I get your wife's opinion.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".