Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of life do you have as a Cross-Dresser?

What kind of life do you have as a Cross-Dresser?

Is it great, tuff or?

I started at about 5 and in my mid teens and turned my friends on to it!
    In my mid teens 15 to 19 I cross-dressed with friends and the girls would do our makeup!
    Yes pot and alcohol was also part of the fun.
    My wife (to be) heard some of the stories but must have thought it was just fooling around.

Of course it's hard to remember what I was thinking back when I was twenty but, I don't think I considered cross-dressing as something I had to do, it was just something I enjoyed doing!

The Answer for me is "I hate that I can't dress unless it's totally in secret" I don't like sneaking around!
    Another thing is that my friends, brothers, sisters, and mother, thought it was OK. so what was I to think?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 07-07-2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Love the post. I started back when I was around 11 or 12. I started sneaking my aunts dresses and pantyhose and dressing up in them whenever I could until I was caught then she allowed it. i came out to my wife about 4 months ago. But she wasn't surprised. She's found stockings and pantyhose in my sock drawer over the years. And some skirts etc. She wasn't shocked. LoL all is good

Closeted forever, now I'm going to retire to a much smaller community (away from NYC metro area), so it's probably not wise to out myself and become a front line warrior for the cause at 63, in a redneck territory. I may need my neighbors at times, so potentially causing them to think me a freak is probably not a good idea. We'll see as time goes on how everyone feels about gender bending after I settle into my new home.
    Crossdressing has been my cross to bear for most of my life. I'm used to it. If I must continue to remain in the closet, so be it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Things have been ok but not great, too much secrecy, but things maybe getting better. Just put a post on the from that explains.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Luckily I live in a rather accepting social bubble.

My cding life is great...Like many, began early, have come to terms with myself, and have a wonderful accepting, helpful wife. My only issue is going out. We live in a very conservative, low tolerance community. Yes, I, occasionally, venture out, mostly after dark, but with much trepidation...flat tire, police, but mostly being seen and recognized. We once drove to an out of town mall, and still saw people we knew. Thankfully, they didn’t see us. We are active in our community. The social consequences of getting read, caught..would not be good. It’s especially frustrating when my urges to go out hit.

I don't remember the exact age but I remember sharing bedroom with my sister and wearing her things, mostly pantyhose and her slips. One week before marriage I threw everything out thinking I was never going to be wearing women's clothes again. Instead one week back from our honeymoon I put on her pantyhose and decided these feelings are real and I wasn't going to be a fugitive the rest of my life and when she came home from work I sat her down and told her everything from day one. My wife believed it was a fetish and wanted to see were I was going with it, she has called it a blessing and I call it a curse. Its a bitter sweet for her but she loves that she's the only one that shares my secret, she loves sharing things and shopping with me. Almost like she has the best of both words, a husband and a best friend. She believes we have a strong relationship because of the dressing. So I would think its ok because my wife enjoys it to, but sometimes I think it's a distraction in my life and stops me from other things. The bad part is always the fear of being caught and at time taking chances because in life we always want more.

Aspiring Member
    For the longest time, I would classify my CDing as "tuff". When I lived with my parents, I had a lot of time to myself as my parents were usually at work, so I had a good chunk of time to CD. When I met my wife, it became much more challenging, as we spent much time together. When we decided to move in together, my CDing time plummeted, and when I did have time to myself, I was super paranoid for fear of being found out (I couldn't fully relax as Wendy as I feared my wife could come home at any time).

When I spent years in medical turmoil, my CDing practically stopped. After so many years, my medical issues have stabilized, and my CDing came back but with a vengeance. It was still a tuff time for me as my wife didn't know about Wendy.

After I admitted I to my wife about Wendy, I am classifying my CDing now as (very) good. She doesn't like me going out of the house as Wendy, but she has no problems with me being Wendy inside the house at all. Plus, when she is not around, I can fully relax as Wendy without any fear or paranoia of being caught.

It's been a mixed bag, full of ups and downs.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Mostly closeted, outside of what I do cosplay wise.

Started in my mid-to-late teens and kept to my room. Mostly was girly halloween costumes, but occasionally I was able to search through my grandmas huge collection of clothes (she was a "KMartaholic") whenever I had the house to myself for a couple hours. Not too much clicked with me though. Got my first southern belle dress my senior year of HS when I managed to convince my grandpa to let me use his credit card for an "expensive halloween costume", which he never saw... except almost did when I was prepared to show him on Halloween, but got cold feet waiting for him to get off the phone.

These days, most of my public stuff has been cosplay related, with a few non cosplay stuff. Although, my choice of clothing makes it very hard to blend in so I'm pretty much limited to any conventions I go to where weird and unusual dress up is expected so I can get away with wearing a princess dress in public. So outside of that, I'm still pretty much closeted outside of what my friends have seen from me.

Banned Read only
    Judy it's hard to believe you turned your friends on to crossdressing. Also that your friends, brothers, sister and mother thought it was O.K. You said it, I believe you, just hard to believe that many would be O.K. with a guy dressing in girl clothes.

Crossdressing has brought joy and happiness
    to my life . Too bad I can not share it more
    The joy has by far outweighed the
    hardships it may have caused .

JAS

Aspiring Member
    the urge to crossdress(or maybe to transistion) has made my life so difficult and i have never really been a happy person even now with a tolerant wife

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its never been a hardship being me.
    I don't worry what people think so that helps.Of course I care what my kids and my really close friends think because I care about them. They all know about me.
    I have had my share of hardships and ups and downs like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle(Oshawa) View Post
    the urge to crossdress(or maybe to transistion) has made my life so difficult and i have never really been a happy person even now with a tolerant wife
    You need to talk more honey. Why is it so difficult? What is the weight you're bearing?

Pretty fantastic actually... like in the most literal sense. I’ve taken up drag, have a fashion designer for a friend, and my wife loves me turning a look.

The early years were not so great. All the shame, guilt and hiding took it's toll on me.
    Once I finally came out to my wife and to my delight she was fully accepting things have been so much better. I'd love more, but that's just my nature. Now we live in an area that's not very active in the lifestyle and I long for more interaction with others who share my feelings. We go out, but not as much now as before and I'd love to change that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

it has gotten better over time.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member
    Freedom to dress daily and to go out when and where I please. Life is beautiful!

Dressing at the moment staves off despair and a deeper depression. It's comforting. Without it I'd be looking for distractions. The further I push the dressing the better I feel about myself, which leads me to think it's not a kinky crutch. The types of clothing I'm looking at hint at an overall style or aesthetic that encompasses both reveal and reserve. But blimey, it's an expensive exercise! My personal style as a male is thrifty, simple, "alternative", a little grungy, and it suites growing old in my opinion. But my developing girl persona is a lot more glamorous, and more demanding of an income, which I barely have. Tricky. We have to dress smart.
    Linda from TV show Becker said: "You can be old, you can be poor, but not both." Huh, I'll show her!

I consider crossdressing to be a curse, yet I would not want it to go away. How can that be?

Karen Sue

Platinum Member
    Until recently I usually had the opportunity to be en femme several times a week for seven hours per day. As a retiree with a working wife I found ample time to be en femme. My wife took annual trips for a week to see a cousin out of state. Those times I could be en femme 24/7 and also take evening strolls. Now my wife has sent in her resignation and she is now fully retired. I don't know how that is going to work out. I haven't started crawling the walls. Due to medical conditions we do sleep in separate bedrooms which does allow me to sleep in nylon gowns and panties. I am going to have to reassess my wardrobe. I always have had way too many dresses (162) and too much lingerie (slip and undergarments).

My wife and I have been in a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage when it comes to my cross dressing. She does not say anything snide or rude. She is supportive of gays and lesbians and transgender men and women. However, "Not in my backyard!" Several decades ago I did a reassessment of my goals. One was to try to convince my wife that she should be more tolerant or at least understanding. One year all I wanted for my birthday was for her to buy me some panties. We actually went to Mervyn's at our local mall. It was a fiasco for her. It made her so uncomfortable. I decided I was trying to get her approval as a way to make myself accept myself. If she accepted it, then it must be alright. I decided at that time I was really subjecting her to spousal mental abuse. Her idea of her husband does not include emulating a woman. She said, "If I wanted to be married to a woman, I would have married a woman!" End of story.

She knows I have dressed in her absence. On occasion she has found a bra or panty I forgot to put away. No comment other than to tell me she found it and placed it on top of the clothes dryer. She found the computer open to this forum one day because I had walked away from it while she was out. All she said was "You should be more careful leaving your browser open." Good thing my adult kids did not pop in for a visit.

At this stage of the game I would not feel comfortable dressing in front of her. Since she knows I engage in cross dressing I suppose the issue will only arise if she brings it up.

Right now my only outlet other than sleeping in a nightgown and wearing panties is this forum, and, collecting my favorite panties in all the available colors. Sort of like collecting stamps and coins. I'll never lick my stamps and never spend my coins. I'll never wear all the panties I am collecting. They take up less room than dresses.

Gold Member
    I played with my Mothers clothes, mostly girdles, stayed deep in the closet until I got married.
    I tried wearing some girdles again, but wife would not have anything to do with it.
    Divorced, spent 15 years alone until I met this wonderful girl on a blind date.
    I mention to her I wish i had a dress I saw on TV. Later she asked me if I had any dresses,
    I said no, just a few skirts and tops. She had me Model for her, she asked is that all??
    Well we got married, and she would buy my dresses to wear; but I was not to go out of the
    house, as to not embarrass her. So I kept my promise to her.
    Rader

Aspiring Member
    I live on my own and work part time. I spend most of my time in dresses and am fully dressed apart from make up and wig. I have vast amounts of clothes and bought dress numbers 1026-1032 yesterday after trying them on as a man in a sale in a hotel where a number of boutiques get together to get rid of unsold stock. Obviously I went home, had a shower and put on one of the dresses. I have similar numbers of skirts but nowadays I wear mainly dresses. Apart from some male briefs and pyjamas I wear when staying with friends, all my underwear and nightwear is female. I used to go out dressed a couple of times a month but this is now down to about 4 times a year - I now go shopping and have coffee with a GG friend. My legs and armpits are kept shaved and I currently have turquoise toes. I have had holidays in hotels of up to 5 nights as Susan and am relaxed in public in a dress - in fact I have been known to wear a dress as a man to go shopping. I do not identify as a woman even when fully dressed - I love wearing the clothes and how I look in them and when I am in public I am acting. Women have told me I look better in women's clothes than men's. I take the dressing seriously. I have had a colour and style consultation as Susan and it is the best money I have ever spent on clothing even if it did not directly involve buying any. I now know what suits me and I tend to buy from boutiques but mainly in their sales so I get high class clothes at reasonable prices - I am not bothered that they are last season's stock as I buy classics. I favour brands like Betty Barclay, Frank Lyman, Oska, Ghost, Tia, Sandwich, Out of Exile, Ronen Chen, Q'Neel and Latte. On the High Street, I buy mainly from Hobbs, Reiss, Phase Eight and John Lewis. My male clothes tend to be of a similar standard.

I am not out. It is not that I think I would be victimised - the sort of people I am friendly with and work with are not like that. It is that I have achieved something with my life and that is how I wish to be remembered, not as the guy in the dress. Am I happy? - yes - I have a wonderful life and am aware of how lucky I am and the clothes are a significant part of that.

DADT for me, but that's OK.