Thread: US-Canada border crossings

US-Canada border crossings

So....this weekend I came out to a close friend. She was super supportive (as I expected....I’ve always known her to be the open minded type) and said she wanted to meet Xenia as soon as possible. We’ve got a tentative plan for me to drive up for a visit in a couple of weeks.

A potential issue is that I’m in New York and she’s in Ontario, so there’s a border crossing involved. I’d be heading northward in boy mode and probably coming back to the States in girl mode. Is it likely to cause problems at the border if I don’t match my passport photo? It would be inconvenient but not impossible to change back to drab before departing, if necessary.

I’d reckon that the agents have some training dealing with transfolk and wouldn’t be total Neanderthals about it, but nowadays you never know.

Anyone with firsthand experience?

Coming back to your country is the easiest direction. They have to let you back into your own country. Plenty of Trans gals go back and forth across the Can-US border. The Buffalo Belles, Erie Sisters and Toronto Xpressions group often cross the border both ways without problem.

I did it just once the other way coming back to Toronto from Fantasia Fair. They were more interested in a proper declaration of anything I bought.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Banned Read only
    I crossed the border en femme to and from Canada in May without issue.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-08-2019 at 08:30 AM.

OK, thanks. About what I thought. I’m overthinking things as usual. :-)