Thread: Split personality

Banned Read only

Split personality

In my limited cross-dressing to date (about 10 years ago, and last month) I've always been a "party gurl", with fishnet hose and pumps for instance that make me feel especially naughty. This has been when "hosting" partners, or going to clubs.

However I want to start dressing more in ordinary public circumstances and for some reason have decided to go for a tomboy look. Haven't been out this way yet, but have a few outfits on the way.

For instance, ball-cap (to cover the bald spot LOL), cute top, and sneakers, all in the same color (yellow, pink, green). Matching sunglasses and probably just lipstick for makeup. And my existing mens' shorts.

I even have a different girl name for my tomboy mode: Abby. As in "Abby Normal" from Young Frankenstein

I might however get a bag big enough to hold what I need to switch to party gurl mode: wig, complete makeup, mini skirt, hose and pumps.

Anybody else have a split gurl persona?

Will try to post pictures as Abby later this month.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like you are a fetish dresser.
    I am transgender so no I don't have a split persona.

I’m a drag queen, so turning different looks is part of the gig, but wouldn’t say split personality.

I think a lot are sorta forced into "split personality"
    by the way society treats non- conformist
    Perhaps the" Tom Boy " look is an attempt to integrate the two ?
    Any way good luck

JAS

Banned Read only
    I've seen women many times dress differently depending upon the occasion or venue. When I went to my wife's high school reunion most of the women at the evening function were all dressed up to kill......sparkling dresses, high heels, makeup, etc. In the afternoon they had been in athletic shoes and pants/shorts and tops when touring their old school. Really not a split personality...just different for the occasion.

Banned Read only
    I dress for the occasion.
    Grocery store: Jeans and t-shirt
    Dancing: Sexy dress and heels

For me, the clothing I wear does not change whether I think I am a man or a woman.

Not only do I not split a girl persona, I don't even split between boy/girl. I am just me, whatever that is...

Like Roberta says, I dress for the occasion
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Banned Read only
    Tracii, you are correct I am a fetish dresser, at least when I am in "party gurl" mode. But those occasions are not so frequent and I'd like to go out more regularly in women's clothing but am a "lazy crossdresser" (I've read the book of that name). This is when I hit upon the tomgirl idea, and for some reason have even come up with a different gurl name.

By the way I love your signature.

Banned Spammer
    I totally get what you are saying and thats fine with me, you dress the way you want because thats what I do too.
    I had my CDing time I call my "puberty" teen girl phase with the loud clothes and mini skirts but I grew out of that phase quickly.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If dressing in radically different looks meant u had a "split personality", Donnina? Since I'm a "fetish dresser" that would mean I have 1000 different personalities. Including a number of animals!

What I'm confused about is why a "fetish dresser" would only want to settle for 2 looks!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Good question Sherry

Platinum Member
    For me, situation and weather (rather than persona) dictate. I don’t have a party-girl mode...I’m too old and staid to present myself that way. I do have casual/fun outfits...maybe a little leg and a lower neckline, for warmer nights out with my friends. And around home, I may forgot the wig... when it’s hot
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It is not unusual for people who sense a dual identity that seem to be quite different to try merging the two into a single identity, at least some of the time. After I came out in August 2012 I was very dual for several months - manly in the morning; womanly in the late afternoon and evening. Still follow that time pattern, but it is all quite different now. It is comfortable and quite free of any conflict or competition between the two. I found the duality really confusing at times and hard to manage - basically a lot of work without much satisfaction.

In January 2013 I experienced the first identity merge event. Very weird how I had one identity that at first I thought was the old me, but it wasn't because my merged identity contained all the things I had learned over the previous months blended into a more normal like identity. Over time, there was a bit of a separation of the two but the feeling became, as you say, more tomboyish.

By late 2013 I was that way most of the time, with occasional "get pretty and girlish" events, most of which have now declined to a few times a year and the rest of the time Gretchen is somewhat more of a rough Mountain Girl that is quite tomboyish.

Maybe something similar is happening to you. When our brains sense a conflict, whether we recognize it or not, they try to get those two or more things to work together. The brain hates conflict and seeks resolution, cooperation, collaboration. Keep trying it out; you may be on to something for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    What I'm confused about is why a "fetish dresser" would only want to settle for 2 looks!?
    It's different looks to me too rather than different personalities. Hooker, secretary and frumpy grandma are some of my favorite looks haha. Tomboy doesn't appeal to me though.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Me too! Now I am just waiting for the "occasion"!
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I dress in many different styles but have only one personality

I dress, also, for the occasion, which is usually pretty casual...like today....domestic. I ran the sweeper, dusted, picked up some things, did some laundry, etc. so I chose a blue polka dot skort, blue tee top, flats, with all the usual things. I still put on a little makeup. This preparation seems to make my chores much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by donninacd View Post
    Anybody else have a split gurl persona?
    I've never been much of a "party" anything. I prefer spending time with the wife, whether at home or out. She has come to give me a fair bit of leeway at home and we're still negotiating anything else. I'm a man-in-a-dress and my personality doesn't change.

My dressing started roughly 10 years ago also. My inspiration was just a sudden realization that much of what was considered to be gender based clothing was completely arbitrary. I tried on a few of my wife's things before we had the discussion. She bought me a few things and has slowly come to accept that I'm still the same guy she married over 40 years ago.

Silver Member
    No split P. for me. But, when I am in guy mode, what I say and do is all guy.