Thread: In queue for bottom surgery

In queue for bottom surgery

Well, another step closer, and more hurry up and wait. Today I got scheduled for my first consultation appointment with the surgeon that will be doing my bottom surgery. But that appointment is nearly three years from now! Hoping they have a cancellation before then, and can move me up in the queue. But at least I am in the queue at all now. It’t gonna be a long wait...

Congrats, Ceera! You are moving right along! I have been following your story from the beginning! You sharing your experiences has been helpful for many here! Best wishes for your continued success on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

3 year waitlist just for the first consultation? That is a super long wait!

May I ask which surgeon? Based on your location I'm going to guess Dr Dugi?

Yes, Mirya, it will be Dr Dugi, at OHSU. He has the necessary skills and experience. He is close enough to drive to, and practices in a town where I have supportive relatives. And most importantly for me, he accepts patients whose insurance is Oregon’s Medicaid. I am retired, and I have no other insurance that covers transgender surgeries. My only other insurance is from the Veterans Administration, and they do not cover the surgery at all.

I had contact with another very skilled surgeon who does part of his practice in Portland, and he only has about a one year waiting queue. But he does not accept Medicaid, so I can’t afford him. I can not afford to go out of area, or to pay the surgery cost out of pocket.