Thread: Interesting TSA Experience Yesterday

Interesting TSA Experience Yesterday

So yesterday I flew with my Stephanie stuff in my carry-on. I wasn't dressed (was actually in a suit, but sans tie), but I'm hoping to get out tonight. I'm TSA-Pre, and I've learned that it's best if I pull my breast forms out of my bag and send them through the x-ray scanner separately, sometimes, even telling the agent, "these are going to alarm." This has most often led recently to a knowing look, maybe a quick peak in the box, and then they let them slide right on through.

Still, there are times when they do get pulled off the line and manually checked. Fine - I've come to accept that and don't let it bother me. Yesterday, was one of those days. No worries. The female agent did her thing, swabbed the box and inspected it, and then closed the box and handed them back to me. Then looked at me and said, "Have a good day, Ma'am."

That was a first - being Ma'amed in full male mode. I had to stop and think, did I hear that right? It was pretty cool. Thought I'd share.
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Platinum Member
    It would be cool if she had a knowing smile and positive voice inflection. The alternative would be a sneer of disgust. I hope she did smile and give a twinkle of an eye.

Once I had a female sales associate at JC Penny give me a snide when she said "Of course she gave you the correct size!" when I was buying a foundation garment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've learned to pack mine to get thru TSA quicker and easier. It's bad enuff u have to practically undress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

On my trip to Houston, the boarding pass I got at RDU had pre-check on it and I went right through! That was RDU's mistake! Coming back it was not marked pre-check and they scanned and had to do a pat down! The lady TSA agent said we can do it here or in private! It did not involve disrobing so I told her to do it here! (I should say, I was flying pretty and wearing a skirt and top!) She said OK! I then lost my soda , water, and Creole Mustard that I was given as a gift! It was not worth the $40+ price of precheck as I seldom fly! It just added to the experience!
    As to being called Ma'am when in male mode( natural gender-without wig forms and make up!), I was called Ma'am at the butcher shop today with a smile from a devote and correct Christian lady! It was so nice and unexpected!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    I always liked it when I get called lady or ma'am when not trying to present as female.

Having long hair all my life, I got called that a lot, and not always in a nice way.

But it always made me smile even if just on the inside.

Have never had a bad TSA experience when packing my stuff in the carryon - one time a nice gentleman who had to look in my bag asked me where I was off to... San Fran Or Vegas for that trip can’t recall.. but when he got to the forms he was like “Ohhh ok I see! Have fun!” with a big smile.

Platinum Member
    Very cool. Getting “ma’m’d is always nice.

I haven’t sent my forms through the line....they’re always in my checked luggage.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 07-10-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

TSA wasn't bad when I went to SF for Pride (I flew to and from in boy mode though) though I did lose my nice shampoo and favorite perfume because I'm an idiot and packed them in my carry on. I'm still upset with myself for that. Guess I'll just have to go shopping to get some more.

Stephanie, It always helps to be a guy in a suit when dealing with law enforcement, even if you have your femme accouterments.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-11-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: sending pm
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I've learned to pack mine to get thru TSA quicker and easier. It's bad enuff u have to practically undress!
    Yes, in your case, it would be hard for you to take a plane trip without losing face.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I have been seeing on the news that the TSA has not been checking food and ice trucks delivering right to the planes. However, all the girls get there forms checked. I'll just shake my head on that one.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    The only time I’ve flown with my forms was about a month ago when going on my cruise.
    I was in 50/50 mode more or less but decided to just wear mine and all I got was additional pat down at DFW, got nothing
    at Ft Lauderdale on my way home, it was no big deal

That is pretty cool, StephanieCTL! Sure beats the NC Highway Patrolman who was determined to call me "sir" when I was completely en femme. I think he was pissed off that he couldn't give me a ticket or something.

Silver Member
    That sounds way better than being called Sir while in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighwoodTGirl View Post
    That is pretty cool, StephanieCTL! Sure beats the NC Highway Patrolman who was determined to call me "sir" when I was completely en femme. I think he was pissed off that he couldn't give me a ticket or something.
    Odds are that that trooper violated several department policies. He's lucky it was not me he direspected.

I've found TSA to be nothing but professional when it comes to my clothing. I had several issues with airport security in the 90s when a bra would set off a metal detector and the staff was unprofessional. TSA has treated me like every other person when that happens.

Silver Member
    I haven't been flying for quite awhile although I used to fly 2 to 3 times a week. I wore blouses and bras most of the time. I don't wear forms usually but often packed them in my baggage. On one trip the conveyor belt caught my bag tearing the zipper out and dumping all my clothes out. The baggage people threw everything in a big clear bag which came out on the conveyer. No one paid attention other than to say that's not good. Hope you get them to pay. I did have a few body checks where I informed the TSA person that it was my bra and neckless that caused the buzzer.

Best to file a complaint later, Aunt Kelly. Some cops like to give people tickets when they don't show deference.

I love this story! It seems to me there are lots of people out there who want to be very accepting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameli View Post
    I love this story! It seems to me there are lots of people out there who want to be very accepting.
    Yes! I think you get what I was saying, Ameli. In no way was I complaining about how I was treated by TSA, the procedures (which I'm starting to figure out the best/easiest way to get through security while still allowing them to do their job), etc. But it was the fact that she called me "Ma'am" even though I was in drab, after seeing my forms that I thought was cool.
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've had my moments with TSA but, one of my favorites was right here in Las Vegas. When my forms and bras showed up perfectly on the carry on scanner, the nice TSA lady said, "Wow! Nice. What show are you in, Hon?"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Very nice to hear. I was so scared just being out enfemme when the cashier at the coffee shop complemented me on my skirt all I could muster was a quick thank you. I couldn't imagine having my forms go through the x-ray let alone put on the conveyor. Yikes!

I go to Vegas once a year for 4 nights worth of shows for the Buresque Hall of Fame. Packing is difficult with heavy sequined dresses and the like so I usually end up with all my heavy things, like my breast forms, in my carry on to keep my suitcase under 50 pounds. I always get stopped by TSA because of the forms. I tell them as they are checking that they are breast forms and I’m a female impersonator. It probably helps that I usually have just had my nails done with bright red gel nail extensions.
    Rebecca Bas

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    I have been seeing on the news that the TSA has not been checking food and ice trucks delivering right to the planes. However, all the girls get there forms checked. I'll just shake my head on that one.
    I've said it before. TSA's passenger screening is little more than theater. I a determined attacker wants to get weapons aboard a plane, it's just not that hard.
    My wife once worked for a vendor that serviced an international airport. Part of her job was processing the background checks of the people they hired for low-wage jobs. Let's just say that that vector, where personnel are never screened when they go to work, is a gaping hole in the security at any airport.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".