My cousin recently had a post on FB about a 9 year old boy who wasn’t allowed into day camp because he admitted he was transgender. Now knowing this cousin’s religious background, what surprised me about the post was this,’How could the parents do this to their child!’ Excuse me??? My cousin’s friends all agreed that the parents were committing child abuse and how could a 9 year old even know what transgendered is, less alone be transgender. I’m quite sure that anyone picks being LGBTQ+ for kicks! Less alone parents ‘forcing’ a child into this life. At first glance of the topic I knew that there would be pushback, but I didn’t see this as a possibility. I get my cousin and her friends aren’t supportive of this but to think the parents are at fault thru me for a loop.
And as a side note my 13 year old niece was Face timing my wife and I and we started to talk about her photos and videos on Snapchat. She posted a video of two neighbor friends, a girl and boy, both her age at the girls house. The video was shot right after the girl wanted to try on her moms clothes( The mother is Very Petite and a model. Says my niece) and the boy also wanted to participate. Saying ‘ I would look so cute in your moms clothes!’ My niece said he was serious and the girls asked if he had done this before? He said all the time! My niece didn’t know what to make of this and questioned us if he was gay? My wife very tactfully handled this subject and explained it to her. She had no idea that boys wear woman’s clothes and are heater as well as gay. Her mother was there the whole time as we FaceTimed and the discussion was going on, my other niece(a year younger) felt that this was a non subject as long as no one had a problem with it. She’s very cool about life for being 12. Now her father is another story, he’s got issues with anyone he feels is not Normal!! Define normal I say!!