Thread: You think you know someone....

You think you know someone....

My cousin recently had a post on FB about a 9 year old boy who wasn’t allowed into day camp because he admitted he was transgender. Now knowing this cousin’s religious background, what surprised me about the post was this,’How could the parents do this to their child!’ Excuse me??? My cousin’s friends all agreed that the parents were committing child abuse and how could a 9 year old even know what transgendered is, less alone be transgender. I’m quite sure that anyone picks being LGBTQ+ for kicks! Less alone parents ‘forcing’ a child into this life. At first glance of the topic I knew that there would be pushback, but I didn’t see this as a possibility. I get my cousin and her friends aren’t supportive of this but to think the parents are at fault thru me for a loop.
    And as a side note my 13 year old niece was Face timing my wife and I and we started to talk about her photos and videos on Snapchat. She posted a video of two neighbor friends, a girl and boy, both her age at the girls house. The video was shot right after the girl wanted to try on her moms clothes( The mother is Very Petite and a model. Says my niece) and the boy also wanted to participate. Saying ‘ I would look so cute in your moms clothes!’ My niece said he was serious and the girls asked if he had done this before? He said all the time! My niece didn’t know what to make of this and questioned us if he was gay? My wife very tactfully handled this subject and explained it to her. She had no idea that boys wear woman’s clothes and are heater as well as gay. Her mother was there the whole time as we FaceTimed and the discussion was going on, my other niece(a year younger) felt that this was a non subject as long as no one had a problem with it. She’s very cool about life for being 12. Now her father is another story, he’s got issues with anyone he feels is not Normal!! Define normal I say!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah you never know.
    I came out to one guy I used to ride in an outlaw biker club with and he was like OK no big deal we are still friends.
    Had a very liberal friend find out about me thru someone else and he dogged me for months calling me all kinds of names and threatening to out me to all my friends.
    The ones you think would be tolerant may not be and the ones you think will want to harm you don't care and will still be your friend.
    For that reason I figured it was safer to just not tell anyone that didn't need to know.
    I know so many trans people have this urge to scream it out to the world but those types seem to suffer the most from their actions.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-10-2019 at 03:59 PM.

"Normal?

Normal people 👫 are those people that you don't know as well as you think or believe you do.

One NEVER knows what goes on behind closed doors, what trips one's triggers or floats their boat.

The Japanese say that we're each and everyone, THREE different people.

~ The ONE that we present to the Public at large

~ The ONE our Close Friends & Family 👪 know us as

~ Abd the ONE we know and keep to ourselves.

So-called " Normal" is a vague, ill-defined concept that is widely subscribed to; a fallacy born of cultural, societal, religious, and cultural idealism that is used to define "NORMAL"

It's hard to pin define and pin down, but its fluid, ever changing, morphing, and evolving.

But it causes A LOT of problems and issues, as me particular group tries to invone, insist upon, and force its definition of "NORMAL" upon others?

The fly in the ointment, is that what fits and serves well for one group? Doesn't necessarily do so for another group; nor any other particular person for that matter.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I would submit Tracie, that the "difference" between your Outlaw Biker Friend and your Liberal friend reaction has to do with Personal Self Confidence.

People who have evolved mentally, emotionally, ~ matured if you were? Aren't intimidated ~ threatened by others, what they do,

Indeed they tend to have evolved autonomously to the degree they neither seek nor desire the approval, permission nor validation of others.

In so doing? They're more open to the infinite possibilities thst Life has to offer in my opinion.

Banned Read only
    "Normal people" are always hiding something.

Not to mention normal people are boring...
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-11-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Normal is 98.6...or as Harley Quinn put it..."that is a setting on the dryer". Everyone is "tolerant" until it is time to be tolerant. Those are the moments where someone will show their true colors. I think we get so mired in trying to put everyone into a neat little box that fits our preconceived stereotype. The people that treat me with respect are my friends...the ones that don't, well, I don't waste time on them. I am too valuable of a human being to get trapped in that cage. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree Tahoegurl.

Platinum Member
    Well, I find people will always surprise you. Some people are very intolerant towards variation exhibited by people they don’t know, but will demonstrate surprising tolerance when that variation is exhibited by a close relative or friend. The reverse is also true. Are these people being hypocrites? If so, then all humans are hypocrites to some extend....myself included.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sheryl, I'm afraid I got lost trying to figure out what was your cousin's opinion/post and yours!

Then this: "She had no idea that boys wear woman’s clothes and are heater as well as gay."
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Doc, I think heater should have been hetero.

I was both surprised and pleased with the way all of my friends accepted me when I told them I dressed, this is of course how it should be. There will always be those that think otherwise that is why for some life is not an easy one.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    I have a tendency to let people talk and talk and talk some more. Let their true feelings be expressed. Then bring the hammer down on them. It is amazing what people will confide in you when they think you're in agreement with them. If you're lucky when you check out of this life if you have had one or two really true friends.

"My cousin recently had a post on FB about a 9 year old boy who wasn’t allowed into day camp because he admitted he was transgender. Now knowing this cousin’s background, what surprised me about the post was this,’How could the parents do this to their child!’ Excuse me??? My cousin’s friends all agreed that the parents were committing child abuse and how could a 9 year old even know what transgendered is, less alone be transgender. I’m quite sure that anyone picks being LGBTQ+ for kicks! Less alone parents ‘forcing’ a child into this life."

I couldn't get past this part, I had to read it several times.

It didn't bother you the child wasn't allowed into day camp because of gender issues.

some how your cousins background made his / her observation valid.. hoo boy

DO some research, kids at 9 know exactly what sex they are, this isn't I want a bike level issue, this is where their lives are in danger because of severe depression and the parents cant ignore the signs anymore.

there are a few documentaries out there , search Growing up Trans..

Im stunned to be honest..
    Last edited by char GG; 07-11-2019 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Removed religious references

Samantha, I think she means the opposite. It's just a bit garbled.... Scheryl meant to say no one chooses to be LGBTQI and she's not up with the cousin's friend's opinions. No?

I hope I don’t get into trouble for saying this, but not everyone on this site writes with the same degree of skill and clarity.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-11-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Sorry, no religion references
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thank u, nvlady and Patience. I read the post 3 times. Still couldn't figure it out!

Since others mite also be confused I thot the Sheryl mite wish to clarify. I wasn't trying to pick on her!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I see now Scheryl_O is quoting someone who was quoting someone and most of it likely it's paraphrased... Sorry my bad.

Sorry for my rambling! I did feel bad for the child not let into camp, and the parents being chastised about their son, it was my cousin and her friends comments that threw me! The last part was about being a straight (hetero) crossdresser or gay that my niece didn’t get. She is only 13 going on 21!! I’m sorry that my post seemed incoherent, if you knew me IRL I do tend to speak that way!!

Let's face it, lamentable, ignorance is easy. Just as your average racist if they're familiar with the concept of due diligence.

Hi Scheryl.. I feel bad because you have been on this site for quite a while had few posts..

I see now I was wrong and I hope you keep posting...

Good luck to you.

I hope this isnt deleted for sensitive words, who knows maybe Luck might makes people want to gamble.. Bye all.

It was fun.. but im done..

Quote Originally Posted by Scheryl_O View Post
    but to think the parents are at fault thru me for a loop.
    Parents are expected to guide their children into the 'correct' behavior patterns for whom they are supposed to become. So by NOT insisting to said child that he/she dress 'appropriately' implies to these people that the parents are 'pushing' their child in the wrong direction. I go through this debate on another forum every few months, with the same anti TG groups. It's their homophobia coming out; that becomes clear as the discussion continues. And homophobia is set into most people, especially males, at a very early age. Indoctrination of children is very common, and it's the way that our society gets a population which all tend to believe a certain thing without question. Try to challenge that belief, and they will not only argue with you, but some will even kill you rather than consider that you may be right. It upsets them that much.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaToday View Post
    Hi Scheryl.. I feel bad because you have been on this site for quite a while had few posts..

I see now I was wrong and I hope you keep posting...

Good luck to you.

I hope this isnt deleted for sensitive words, who knows maybe Luck might makes people want to gamble.. Bye all.

It was fun.. but im done..
    What are you saying? You're not leaving because of a misunderstanding in this thread surely? Don't go.