Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if crossdressing were normalized?

What if crossdressing were normalized?

I'm asking because I've got mixed feelings on the issue myself . How many of us would truly like our style to become normalized to the point where half or more of the genetically male population switched to skirts, dresses, bras, etc...?

Part of the draw to my current style is that I like the differentiation from the real world. I wish I could get a full pass on going out however I wanna dress, but not sure that i want it to be the norm. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Bea_; 07-10-2019 at 08:49 PM.

We are mostly a normal bunch.. many are married to GG's which castigates us to being lumped into the other side....thats why certain groups dont want us around....and i do not see any sudden switch to dudes in skirts ever being the norm.....of course it depends on how you define "normal"

Go ahead and normalize it Bea. Lol. There's plenty of room to differentiate within modes of dressing.

Normalized would be the general acceptance of crossdressing as 'normal'. Women in pants is normalized but it was not always so. I grew up in an era when it was totally 'abnormal' for a woman to wear pants in church, or for a public school teacher to wear pants and there were many other places it was not the accepted norm. Now it's been normalized.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have to chime in here Women in pants is not crossdressing the pants were made for women and their body shape.
    So technically women in pants was never considered to be crossdressing.
    We all know the definition of the word crossdresser.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-11-2019 at 04:21 AM.

How many of us would truly like our style to become normalized to the point where half or more of the genetically male population switched to skirts, dresses, bras, etc...?

Why delineate "half the male population?"
    How about if by 'normalized', it merely meant that no eyebrows would be raised by what anyone of any gender wore?

How about, if by 'normalized', it meant that a male crossdresser could venture out of their house and not be assaulted for their choice?

You state that you enjoy the "differentiation from the real world", does that mean that you get some satisfaction, or arousal, from being different from the crowd?

I continually see posts on these boards that are basically "What if..." fantasies. And that is fine, everyone needs a form of escapism. But the hard truth is that the majority of men do NOT find solace or comfort in the wearing of clothing designed for women. Sexual play being the exception., and even then, it usually involves a GG.

Long and long ago, I used to wear cowboy boots and a Stetson. I put up with countless rendition's of "Where'd you park your horse?" Until a certain movie involving a mechanical bull came out. Then, every mother's son was sporting a western look. I haven't worn a Stetson, or male cowboy boots since then.

So my question to you Bea, is if your proposed scenario became fact, would you cease to crossdress?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    I guess Bea would lose her kink of CDing and the fantasy would be gone.
    Where did the half number come from anyway?
    CDers are 1% of the male population at best and there will never be a time where men will actually want to wear womens clothes its just not going to happen so why even post what ifs like this?

If crossdressing were normalized, we'd be in Europe.

Ha, just kidding. A little humor for a serious topic.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Dana, now I understand Brexit! Thanks.

I would be more likely to go out dressed if it became "the norm" as you say. When bell bottoms became stylish I wanted bell bottoms. When long hair in men became more common in the 70's, I let my hair grow. I would now too, 'cept it doesn't grow anymore. But I'd wear traditionally women's clothing because I like the feel and fit of women's clothing, not because I'm a rebel. So it wouldn't bother me if lots of men started wearing women's clothes.

"If crossdressing were normalised" would we lose what we think when dressed as a woman? would the nervousness and fright of going out dressed be gone? would the sometimes unwarranted attention be gone?
    I don't know certainly the nervousness and fear I think would be gone because there would no longer be the thought of do I blend fully or do I stck out like a sore thumb, those thoughts I am sure would be laid to rest.
    As far as dressing is concerned that too would not (I think) be anything out of the ordinary. I supppose for some dressing is a thrill in the early days but as time goes by the thrill goes away to be replaced with " this is normal for me" so yes the whole gamut would be normal.
    And with all of this normalisation would we lose gay pride marches? would our crusade to be accepted be over and would homophobia be laid to rest once and for all?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    Personally, I hate the "what if" questions. I get them all the time. I always answer when my son was young I use to buy him Marvel Comics "What if" this super hero met this super hero. Deal in the reality of the situation. Otherwise go read some comics.

Silver Member
    Fashion designers have been bringing out skirts for men at fashion shows for decades. It has never taken off unfortunately. There is a stigma associated with un-bifurcated garments in the West that I don't think will ever be overcome, barring some limited interest in kilts.

I can't see men wearing bras ever being normal anywhere (barring folks with gynecomastia), even in cultures where men wear skirts and fancier clothing.

Banned Spammer
    I guess some have to keep trying to justify why they CD.Is it they just can't accept themselves because they are different?
    I think its good to be different.

Florals everywhere? Yeah, I could deal with that. But know I'm very unusual in that I also like the fit and look of women's clothes on my body.

There was a turning point where I started looking for fitted women's T shirts to buy as vacation souvenirs, even though they were the most expensive shirts in the store.
    In or out? I think it is a big step for some to start shopping like that, though I didn't give it much thought. I bought a hot pink fleece jacket that I wore everywhere for a year.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-11-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have to chime in here Women in pants is not crossdressing the pants were made for women and their body shape.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouse...n%27s_clothing

On the boards here, there seem to be as many definitions of crossdressing as there are members.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    Long and long ago, I used to wear cowboy boots and a Stetson. I put up with countless rendition's of "Where'd you park your horse?" Until a certain movie involving a mechanical bull came out. Then, every mother's son was sporting a western look. I haven't worn a Stetson, or male cowboy boots since then.
    That's kinda my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    So my question to you Bea, is if your proposed scenario became fact, would you cease to crossdress?
    If it became fact, the definition of crossdressing would change to a degree that I'd no longer be included.
    Last edited by Bea_; 07-11-2019 at 07:25 AM.

I consider it normal now I just dress the way I want and go about my business

Banned Read only
    Bea, WONDERFUL THREAD. Half of the male population, WONDERFUL. Would dress most every day with my D boobs and all the rest and look a whole lot better than an awful lot of GG's. O.K. maybe not half just wish it was normal to dress like a woman and be accepted as normal by everyone..... wives, women, men and dogs and cats too.

The question is: do you dress for others or for yourself?

I dress for myself, so if others want to wear a dress, it’s no business or mine; more power to them. The record will show I did it before it was cool.

Would the normalization of crossdressing make it less fun? Maybe, on the other hand, one would be able to do it a lot more and in a lot more places.

Are you sure you didn’t post this question on deebra's behalf?
    Last edited by Patience; 07-11-2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Too many commas. I think we all should do our best to make sure our posts are clear and easy to understand. Lead by example.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I feel quite normal wearing bra and panties every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    So I sew my own skirts with my male untucked body in mind. These skirts are still considered crossdressing even though there were made for me and my body shape.

I feel like it will never be normalized in my lifetime, but people typically seem tolerant (or at least keep their traps shut ).

Aspiring Member
    Wish I could go out dressed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What do u consider "normal", Bea? Dressing to blend? Or, something a bit more stylish and sexy? Your normal may be quite different than mine!

Women come in all looks as well as shapes and sizes, u know! U and other dressers may not approve. But, my preferred normal look, out dressed, mite be something like this!

P1310791 (3) (588x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You could come to California where everything is "normal" as long as it's "different." It's full of people desperately attempting to express some sort of individuality but generally only succeeding in looking like morons. You won't raise any eyebrows CDing here but you might get a few yawns and eyerolls. I keep my CDing to myself. Other than that I like to dress as inconspicuously possible because I'm a loner and a rebel.

Great sales pitch. I just booked a ticket....