Bea,
This is a very interesting question , maybe the first point is we are all crossdressers taking the standard definition , what other labels we chose to use simply tells people where we are on the TG spectrum .

The question is when does is become normal ? Perhaps going on to ask when does it stop being crossdressing ?

After more than a year I feel it's perfectly normal to wear clothes that show how I feel inside . Normal measn different things to different people , I feel normal because I'm accepted comfortably in the RW .

For those who say it's a hobby normal would have a totally different meaning but would their normal be normal in the eyes of the public ? How would I feel if more men did it ? That's a tough one , if dressing is more to do with gender issues, blending in and being normal is more the objective but if a guy comes along dressed OTT and possibly upsets people we may all get tarred with the same brush . I persoanlly would be a little upset if I started getting disaparaging remarks because of the actions of others .

I appreciate this question could be applied to many factions of society , you only have to look back to how hard it was for gays when they first came out back in the sixties .