Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I came out to my 12 year old daughter

I came out to my 12 year old daughter

So today I came out to my daughter who is 12. I have been a nervous wreck all day. I showed her some pictures of me and she was stunned for a minute but smiled and said I was very pretty. She said she wanted to fix my hair for me, and said she was happy for me. she loved the idea that I was a crossdresser and enjoyed girly things.

Later I put on some clothes and did a little fashion show. She made me feel good. When I walked out in heels she smiled and said OMG you look good and she was so nice and gave me so many hugs. I even put on some of the clothes I wear to the club on "PG of course" and she loved it. She couldn't believe I could walk so good in heels. She couldn't believe I had all my stuff hidden and she had never seen it. She said so I know pink is your favorite color so it all makes sense, and he painted my toes a few times and I kept it for as long as I could. she noticed that too.

of course she asked question but not what I thought..She asked when I dressed up, because she's home a lot and only goes to her Bio dads house bi weekly. she asked why I hadn't told told her or anyone else. she was cool with it though and said she was happy for me and I could dress how ever I wanted whenever an that I looked pretty.
    I am pretty blessed with this little girl. She is my heart.

sorry for any misspellings on such, I am still a nervous wreck.

10449973_1605812452974062_7958748235827456987_n.jpg

So glad all went well. A good nights sleep may help calm the nerves.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Kids are great

Congrats! Glad that you were able to share and have such a positive daughter!

Well done you! so much better with everything out in the open so to speak. I wish I could tell mine (both grown up with their own families) but fear losing them if I do tell.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

That was a huge step forward and I am so happy for you both.
    Crissy

That’s cool
    IF
    Her mum was onboard with this.
    Going back and reading posts ...I guessing you are closeted ...you stated here your stuff was hidden.
    But if you are out to everyone and this is your life that’s wonderful
    But if you are not and you did this to validate yourself or force the issue about dressing more without her mom being on the same page....that was very selfish on your part putting this on a 12 yr old . And I hope you did not tell her it’s a secret.

Again I might be all wet and hope you are out and free and everyone on the same page.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Miranda, Great news.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Miranda,
    This is such wonderful news. Kids are great!

Robin

Miranda, so happy for you, I know how hard it is, I’ve just come out to my wife

Hope all continues just as well, I’m sure it will
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

It takes kids a long time to get parents raised

Quote Originally Posted by susie evans View Post
    It takes kids a long time to get parents raised
    Often it never happens. 🤕

I think you look pretty also. So glad the daughter was onboard and not upset. Keep us posted on how things go from now on.

I came out to my kids last year with 12 (at the time) being the oldest. Just as nervous, but definitely was worth it.

Banned Read only
    Children are naturally accepting, bigotry is something they learn from their parents.

I don't know how long you have been her stepdad(?), But you should thank her mother for raising her well.

Platinum Member
    As per Di, I presume your wife is on board with the reveal? A step dad needs to be extra careful about boundaries! I didn’t come out to my step daughter until she was 26 because of concerns about propriety
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    SOunds like you couldn't have asked for a better result.

Did I understand this right? You dragged your 12 year old stepdaughter in the closet with you? I sure hope I am wrong in my understanding.

Good for you Miranda! I have one daughter that is very comfortable with it, and another I wouldn't dream of telling! A fantastic milestone anyway you look at it.

Thank you, Yes! She is a wonderful daughter. I told her it's my secret.. but I didn't tell her it was her secret. she is my daughter if she tell someone ohh well I am not really worried about it. It just makes life easier for me, if she wasn't ok with it i just wouldn't do it around her.. but she loves the idea. so I'm happy. I came home from work today and there was a small makeup bag with a note "For:dad". She actually gave me some things she doesn't use. I thought the gift was adorable.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I know right. I am blessed.

Yes My wife has known since before we got married. I don't keep secrets from my other half. she was the one whom told me I should tell my daughter.

I have been her step dad since she was 2. We are very open minded and have exposed her to a lot of cultures through our friends and family to enrich her mind. She makes up her mind what she believes though. Her mother is jewish and I am agnostic raised christian so he gets hit by religion on all fronts. LOL I just want her to enjoy her childhood though. she is growing up too fast for me..lol

Aww that is awesome Congratz!! Children are so amazing!

Well it is going great so far. I came home from work today and there was a small makeup bag with a note"for:dad" my heart melted.. she is so sweet.. It's just makeup her mom bought her she doesn't use but it made me tear up a bit. and Thank you.. I am trying to get this makeup thing..better..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thelise View Post
    Often it never happens. ��
    That is so True!! Thank you all for the support.
    Last edited by mirandacdgirl; 07-12-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Makes me very happy it was a joint decision and she seems like a very thoughtful young lady.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

What a precious gift!

Quote Originally Posted by mirandacdgirl View Post
    I came home from work today and there was a small makeup bag with a note "For:dad". She actually gave me some things she doesn't use. I thought the gift was adorable.

Miranda, it's so good to hear your story. Eyes getting a little watery. Wish you all the best!

Platinum Member
    Also glad to hear that its a joint decision and that you’ve made an effort to raise her in an open environment
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mirandacdgirl View Post
    Well it is going great so far. I came home from work today and there was a small makeup bag with a note"for:dad" my heart melted.. she is so sweet.. It's just makeup her mom bought her she doesn't use but it made me tear up a bit. and Thank you.. I am trying to get this makeup thing..better..lol
    Being open about who you are and her acknowledging it in the moment is very important but the makeup case with the note is really an acknowledgement of acceptance. You are blessed.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.