Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A really insane tarrot reading thing

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    You know why fortune tellers can't have babies?
    They have crystal balls?

Sometimes the universe speaks to us, if we’re willing to listen. Other times the buzzkill brigade shows up on their high horse to cast down judgement. Because clearly we all need more judges in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve_cd View Post
    Sometimes the universe speaks to us, if we’re willing to listen. Other times the buzzkill brigade shows up on their high horse to cast down judgement. Because clearly we all need more judges in our lives.
    The universe doesn't care one way or the other. That's about all I can believe.

Eve the universe can have a chat with me any time it's ready but I'll be damned if I won't call out people who, as Micki points out, have the power to destroy lives recklessly for a paycheck.

I don't consider it judgemental to point out those taking advantage of people who are confused and in pain.
    (Micki, I've no doubt your lady steered clear of giving any real advice. I feel confident you know what I mean?)

For too many who consult mediums and the like the line between 'entertainment' and meaningful supernatural guidance that might as well be the word of God is both fine and indistinct to the point of invisibility.

Sorry, Sarah, for the minor hijack. I understand the context in which you offered the thread but for some reason this appears to be something I feel strongly about. I'm surprised too. Tell me we don't have any flat earthers in the house?! My tolerance for a jettisoning of rationality appears to be at a low ebb. 🙄
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    No. It’s really not that creepy. Everything it said was super generic and could apply to anyone’s life. These things have exactly as much power as YOU GIVE them. TRUST me it’s all trash. My wife worked as a phone psychic.
    Exactly. All fake. Anything that they seem to get 'right on target' is just coincidence.
    For example. I'd love for a true psychic to call me, But unfortunately, none of them ever pick up on this. So maybe their powers aren't exactly all they're supposed to be. And how come you have to give them your name and credit card number? And date of birth? Shouldn't they already know? And how come none of them ever won the lottery? I mean, come on, all it is, is six little numbers. Surely they could see that much!
    Tarot cards are the same. Quija boards are manipulated by people's subconscious thoughts. All nonsense.
    Do I believe that sometimes we get a feeling that something will happen? sure. But how many of those little feelings DON'T come true?

Nostradamus was as vague as can be, so it's possible to interpret his 'predictions' in any way that makes it seem it fit his future.

OTOH, there was Edgar Cayce, who seemed to have more correct predictions than all the others, in plain Engiish, and he supposedly did it in his sleep. That one I found interesting.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I currently have 15-20 different Tarot decks. And yes, I have done readings for people - all in the name of fun. I have always refused to take any compensation for it and almost always told people that I guarantee my results to be between 100% and 0% accurate or double their money back (none, remember?)

A couple of my more memorable readings included giving one lady the "go-ahead" to buy a business, and another that she was headed for trouble (she was arrested the next day).

My personal thoughts on them? I think that they're mostly vague enough to allow the subconscious mind of the client to reveal the answers that are bubbling just below the surface.
    But I've got to admit that there are times what what comes out is downright 'spooky'.

BUT - no matter how many times I've been read for, NOBODY has come up with "oh - I see you wear..."