Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not coming out

Thought I might share. Not really sure if its a milestone. But as I stated I live in the country. I am a farmer. Yesterday I decided the it might be nice to (dress) as I did my chores so to speak. What a nice feeling being able to have two large closets and several dressers to choose chore cloths from. Outside I went. Tanktop,bra and capris. Of course nice sandals into the John Deere and off chopping hay. Waving to the people passing by.

I design my own clothes now that I learned about pattern making and sewing techniques- and I am mulling over what a carpentry dress might look like- clingy is good. For outdoor gardening or tractorr work I am also visualizing a cotton romper one piece with flared shorts, and layers with pockets for small tools.. Your choice of fitted tank top and bluejean capris seems perfect too- hmmm
    We are all beautiful...!

I haven't come out, as I don't think it is necessary. I do have a very feminine style, as most of my tops come out of the Juniors section at Kohls. And my shorts are now mid thigh length or shorter. I was at a party today and confirmed that I look really young, as I've done a great job of protecting my skin from the sun for the past couple of decades.

I too live alone. I have lovely grown up children and its wonderful being with them.
    But when I come home and shut that front door I am the other me. I am Suzy. And it never fails to give me that buzz inside. Crossdressing is not only for life but for me its the icing on the cake of life.
    Welcome Velma.
    Last edited by suzy1; 07-16-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Velma, there are no rules to crossdressing. Dress where and when you are comfortable.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Coming out or not coming out is totally up to you Velma. And welcome to our little world hun.
    Angie

Silver Member
    It sounds like you don't want to come out... and that is fine! In fact, you are probably better off if you don't. If you just want to dress at home that is fine, don't let others browbeat you into the idea of needing to come out and represent for others.

Morning. Update if I may. May be coming out sooner then expected. Caught/found out by neighbor. While shopping at TJmax store about 60 miles from where I live. Checking out with some nice things a voice behind said Hi Russ. Oh shit. A neighbor lady from down the road. Anyway small talk asked how I was doing with the wife gone living alone all that type stuff. Then the bombshell commented on my good taste in clothes must be making someone happy with a wink. Said are goodbyes and went our separate ways.
    this morning she called baked cookies and want to come for coffee. Asked if my friend liked the new things and would like to see how she looked in them. Now comes the real bombshell next she comments on how much she liked the Jeans I had on. My wifes. Thoughts?

Platinum Member
    Sometimes things work out. Tell her to c’mon over and be dressed as you wish, preferably in some of the clothes you purchased at TJ Max.

I wish I had neighbors who brought me cookies
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome to the forum, Velma.

I have written on this website about positive shopping experiences at both Steven's Point Goodwill locations (Plover is #2). Nothing to report from Waupaca (so far). I never said a word, yet both women behind their respective registers knew that the dresses were for me.

One told me about her crossdressing uncle and the other, after asking if everything fit well, offered an opinion that one of the four dresses I was buying might not work for me. It was the dress I liked the least so I took her advice. We probably talked for another 20 minutes after that.

Granted, a very small sample from the middle of Wisconsin but not far from Iola.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Velma.

I have written on this website about positive shopping experiences at both Steven's Point Goodwill locations (Plover is #2). Nothing to report from Waupaca (so far). I never said a word, yet both women behind their respective registers knew that the dresses were for me.

One told me about her crossdressing uncle and the other, after asking if everything fit well, offered an opinion that one of the four dresses I was buying might not work for me. It was the dress I liked the least so I took her advice. We probably talked for another 20 minutes after that.

Granted, a very small sample from the middle of Wisconsin but not far from Iola.
    Thank you for the input. Your right very close. Have shopped at all three. Waupaca never seems to have much. Stevens Point has a nice selection most times, But as I said before I have a wonderful collection. Feel guilty wearing them at times but that's another story. Want to think she might understand. Your right not everyone in in the middle of the state has blinders on.
    Have a nice day. See you on plover.

Velma Thanks for sharing. I live in Lancaster Wi alone in senior apts. Would not dare go out the door as Alice here. Alone, too.

Velma wecome to the group. I to am now single. Lost the wife in 2000. I live in the southern bible belt. I am 75. For a while I was deep in the closet here deep in the south.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Welcome to the forum, especially being from Wisconsin (I'm next door in Green Bay). You'll find that (in my estimation), most of us here are older. I myself just turned 65. But you'll be able to find out a lot of things here, whether or not you ever step out of the house while dressed. Please yourself however you want and enjoy the company here.

Hi Velma

You neighbour has obviously put all the clues together and come up with the right answer.

Who knows you may just have found someone to go shopping with.

I get the impression she knows dressing make you happy and she wont do anything to change that.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Velma, Shelley is right on the button, your neighbour has definately put two and two together, but no harm done and yes you could have a potential good friend there and maybe advice on dressing as well? don't hide, I have found its better out in front especially if someone has twigged at what's going on, making lame excuses come back to kick one later.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Velma,
    I'm going to support Bobbi's comment, once you get into this situation don't go running for cover it's counter productive . If you make the decision try and stick by it , once I'd moved into my new home after my separation I made the effort to contact all my neighbours and tell them straight I'm TG , if they see a blond walking to the car or out gardening it will be me . The lady on my right has totally embraced me , the couple opposite were OK but have now decided to , " Duck and Dive !" round me , it's makes them look stupid not me . The couple on my left don't really speak to anyone but that's like a " Red rag to a bull !" for me because I'm possibly over sociable .

As others have said no one expects or forces you to go out , just do what you feel is right and are comfortable with . Remember you're not the only CDer in the World , even in a small town you never know what goes on behind other people's closed doors . Maybe take a peep in other people's shopping basket to see what they're trying to hide .