Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loosing the want.

Loosing the want.

It’s the middle of a very cold winter here in Australia (Melbourne), I’m finding that while I’m still buying a few things here and there and swapping clothes with a friend in Queensland I just can’t be bothered at the moment. Feels like I’m loosing my mojo. I’ve even gone nearly 2 weeks without shaving, such is the slump I find myself in.
    Im sure the pink fog will return in time.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I get into that funk sometimes.....takes too much effort to shower, shave ,lotion, makeup & wig and gather my clothes (I keep everything in the attic and its very cramped area and my bags are heavy). But when I do go thru the process I LOVE and ENJOY the entire ordeal!

Sometimes I think its my age, or not being able to share the experience with someone else....but I FULLY want to be feminine as much as possible.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I dress as me 24/7 365 and the motivation is always there.
    I'm trans so maybe there in lies the difference between a CD and a trans person.

The desire to dress ebbs and flows. There's nothing wrong with that.

It happens. 🤷*♀️
    Be who you are in that moment.

Banned Read only
    Rachel,
    Sounds like "Wintertime Blues !" maybe you should try and find a place to hibernate for a while !

I love the change of seasons, I'm wearing some items I didn't get the chance to wear last year but at the same time keeping an eye out for bargains to wear when the weather cools down later this year .

Go with! The desire will return and probably even stronger! Get some winter clothes and go for it when you are ready! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    I ran into that funk many times. I've even got all dressed up, looked in the mirror, and, said to myself "Why am I doing this?" Sometimes it just does not do anything for me. Sometimes I let the facial hair grow until my wife mentions it. Sometimes I feel great barefooted, cut off shorts and graphic tee shirt with Bigfoot on it.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    So take a break, no big deal. Don't overthink it.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I find CD is like a Drug or a "Fix" . That helps me relax and unwind. I only have to Do it when the "URGE" comes. Sometimes the "FIX" will last longer than others.

I can't tell if she's turning her mojo loose, if if she's losing her mojo.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Spammer
    If you don't feel like dressing don't its as easy as that.
    The urge will come back I'm sure. Everybody says that so it must be true.

All's not lost..
    The urges will return. I've been through this before but it's normally when the weather heats up, to have this happen at the moment could be a good thing.
    I still sleep only in lingerie (baby dolls & short satin nighties are my favorite) wife doesn't complain about that either. It helps me sleep well to be honest.
    I'm still haunting the op shops for bargains, in the last 3 weeks ive bought about 7 dresses, 5 skirts and a few other things.
    It's just that there's still only 24 hours in the day.. no matter how you try and manage your time, it's just impossible to change that!!

As i type this, I think i'll be getting an opportunity to try a few things on later tonight when everyone is out.. fingers crossed.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

So many Melbournians I've known hit the antidepressants when winter comes around.

Rachel, I get your feeling. I'm more likely to dress in winter when its not hot though.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Here in Colorado we have those extremes in the weather. Frigid in the winter sometimes and boiling in the summer, like this week. People feel trapped in their homes. It gets you down either way. Called cabin fever here and I am sure elsewhere. It will pass. A bit of a mild depression caused by feeling kind of trapped and not being able to engage in your normal activities without a whole lot of effort. Kind of like Winter Blues or the more serious SAD (seasonal affective disorder) both of which tend to occur in the winter. Exposure to a lot of really bright light for awhile each day will release some hormone that tricks your brain into thinking it isn't the way it really is. Result - you have more energy and enthusiasm for doing things.

I find it harder to dress in the summer myself. Too hot to wear a wig or anything much more than skimpy clothes.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I like the cool in the winter for dressing up either in guy clothes (looking sharp in a sport coat) or girl clothes. But what gets annoying is how dry the cold air becomes which wreaks havoc on my hands. Snags my nylons.

Wifeling has a degree of SAD (amongst her catalogue of disorders &#129301 so I attest to it's effects.
    Maybe see your GP if it persists.

Banned Spammer
    Seems to be a disorder for even the simplest of things.
    Summer is hot winter is cold it happens every year so people should be used to that.

You can lose the want even deny the want , the bottom line is the want will eventually find you until until you submit .

I've dressed for the most part of almost 60 years. really in to it for the past 13 years and never had the happen. I know It will return for you.
    Angie

I’ve been the same like 2 years now. My brain goes “you should dress tonight “ . The same brain that night goes “ why? What for?”. I still enjoy it when I do... some dynamic changed somewhere. Do it if you want when you want I guess.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Just do what feels right for the moment. We are all have different needs and wants out of this.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I'm currently in that funk but it's kinda forced. I can wear stuff under my "normie" clothes but it's not the same. I finally shaved after a month of growing fur but it's already growing back lol but I still gotta wear my toe ring and anklets and pretty sandals.

Don't worry luv you'll get your mojo back