Thread: "Puttin' on the Ritz" at a Prom Dance

"Puttin' on the Ritz" at a Prom Dance

I recently got to attend three different "Do Over Prom" dances. At the most recent one, which was a women-only dance, I decided that rather than trying for a fancy dress, I would wear a women's tuxedo - full white tie and tails, but the jacket has a corset-laced back and has a very feminine swallow-tail at the back. (Really wish I had a picture of the outfit's back...) I even did the white gloves and a walking stick. I had my hair back in a pony tail, held with a black velvet scrunchie. I arrived in a much more plain dress, and changed in the bathroom once the dance started. All my bi and lesbian lady friends at that dance expected me to be in a ball gown, but when I strutted onto the dance floor in this formal outfit, I got a lot of "WOW!" reactions, and tons of complements!

After the dance, I went to an Applebee's restaurant for a late dinner, still wearing the tux, but without the gloves and cane. As I left, three guys outside the restaurant all complemented my outfit!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 07-15-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Silver Member
    Good for you! Did you get someone to help you do the young Dr. Frankenstein "Puttin' on the Ritz'?

Dressed up like a million dollar Troo-per
    Tryin hard to look like Gary Coo-per....

Adorable!
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I'm with Jenny. Lol
    Looking groovy, Ceera. Very nice.

Very stylish Ceera

Ceera, I love the outfit. I can now hear Taco's version of the song in my head.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Where's the top hat?

Someone mention Tacos?
    (I like Taco's version of the song too. 1982, bloody hell, I was only 11. Where has my life gone?!)

Linda, I left the top hat at home that night. I did consider wearing it as well, but decided I did not want to deal with it throughout a three hour long dance.

You go girl.
    Angie