Thread: "Puttin' on the Ritz" at a Prom Dance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Puttin' on the Ritz" at a Prom Dance

I recently got to attend three different "Do Over Prom" dances. At the most recent one, which was a women-only dance, I decided that rather than trying for a fancy dress, I would wear a women's tuxedo - full white tie and tails, but the jacket has a corset-laced back and has a very feminine swallow-tail at the back. (Really wish I had a picture of the outfit's back...) I even did the white gloves and a walking stick. I had my hair back in a pony tail, held with a black velvet scrunchie. I arrived in a much more plain dress, and changed in the bathroom once the dance started. All my bi and lesbian lady friends at that dance expected me to be in a ball gown, but when I strutted onto the dance floor in this formal outfit, I got a lot of "WOW!" reactions, and tons of complements!

After the dance, I went to an Applebee's restaurant for a late dinner, still wearing the tux, but without the gloves and cane. As I left, three guys outside the restaurant all complemented my outfit!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 07-15-2019 at 12:47 PM.