Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My drag journey begins here.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kaylin , That is a new move for you and that is great just be careful and have fun. >Orchid ..++..
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 07-16-2019 at 04:42 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Kaylin,

Wonderful news. CDing and drag are not mutually exclusive. Pursue you dream and have fun with it.

Robin

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    All streams lead to the ocean. You have a goal, pursue it with passion. What we need to know from you is Whats your Drag Name !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    3 snaps and a You Go Gurl for you.

Hugs, Lynne

Kaylin, If drag works for you that is great. I like women and attempt to emulate them when I dress. Sometimes I find drag performers making a caricature of women which is often a little over the top for me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kaylin, If drag works for you that is great. I like women and attempt to emulate them when I dress. Sometimes I find drag performers making a caricature of women which is often a little over the top for me.
    I understand your point Jamie, to an extent, but I've known, or observed from a distance, women with huge extroverted personalities and outrageous, you could say exaggerated, dress sence, makeup, etc and they are total magnets for other women. I think drag is a lot deeper than just caricature.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain
    some people can't handle the truth
    I hang out with that community and so I happen to know a thing or two and I can tell you that the Drag Sisters are a catty bunch. I'm not putting anybody down, that is how it is.
    Stop getting butt hurt about everything.
    I don't blow smoke like others here.

Thanks for support ladies

On the topic of drag, In my opinion, Drag is a form of art and creativity to me. I come from a background of many years playing and writing music and performing with bands live as a guitarist. So this to the performing side. Is smiliar to a gig to me too. But way different (ofcourse). Drag to me is also a form of art being performed by ofcourse, a man dressed as a woman. Drag has to be over the top when it comes makeup and outfits etc. Its apart of its culture. If you get a chance look into it on YouTube and learn a little about its history. Some people are going by what they seen on TV. I had an interest for many years to get into drag before I even seen it on TV. But dang am I excited. It's a ways away and I got work to do. But I'm finally connected and getting started

Excellent, I'm well jell. I wish there were places near me to join in with. Have loads of fun! Xx

Aspiring Member
    When I am traveling I try to go to drag shows at least one or 2 nights. I really enjoy them. I wish you all the best

My observation is that there is a lot a variability from one city to the next as to how drag is interpreted by the performers. I have been to some shows where the backstage drama is evident and it seeps out and affects the audience. My favorite ones, fun without the drama, are in new, up and coming venues or places where they are trying to build or rebuild a show and they are gladly accepting new performers. When I get a chance I hope to try it myself at an amateur night.

I understand why some don't care for drag. If you want to pass as a woman, be careful about which beauty tips you take from a drag queen. The makeup and everything else is usually over the top and is more clownish than realistic. In my case, no way I am going to pass as a women anyway, I think it would be fun to try it, and I enjoy the show.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pursue your dream and enjoy the ride.
    Like performing in a band you will have good and bad shows but sometimes you have stellar shows that make all the hard work worth it.
    Its going to be hard work dragging all your clothes and make up to a club but hey just like a band you have to set you gear up and break it down after the show. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Banned Read only
    Do Drag Queens have day jobs?

Around here the drag show on Wednesday night start at 9:00 pm sharp...

So in "drag time" that means sometime after 10:00

I couldn't perform until after midnight clean up and make it to work on time in the morning.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-16-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Exactly and Thanks Tracii. The main rule of thumb just like music and you know like I do, You practice it really shows live, you don't practice, people can see and hear that. Just like a band. I will keep everyone in the loop as things progress. I'll be in observation mode for quite awhile until things get rolling. As far as drama goes. It is what it is. This is something I'm gonna do every so often. So I'm not too worried about the drama right now. I'm a newbie to this. I'm sure its gonna happen.

Banned Read only
    The last thing anyone wants to happen is going out of this life without at least attempting to try to do his or her passion. Go for it. I wish you well. Keep us posted..especially with pictures to go with the narrative.

If that's your dream give it a try it may be right for you. don't regret the things you've don regret the things you've never tried. wishing you the best in your quest girl.
    Angie

Best of luck Kaylin - I remember a trip to place called 'Funny Girls' in Blackpool UK around 1999/2000.... the show was enthralling and maybe in another life I could go back to that time, when I was still single and in my twenties - maybe I'd give it a go.

Make sure that you have fun
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much