Thread: Ma'am!

Ma'am!

I was in Winston-Salem again and made my usual pit stop! I got gas and a candy bar and a soda! The male clerk called me ma'am! OK, so he is representing the store, so maybe obligation! The young man who held the door open for me also called me ma'am! Now, I for one know I do not pass! It was the first time a man actually held the door open for Lana Mae! Score another first! It felt great but I do not pass! Just go about your business and own it and the world is yours! Other than work, there is nowhere that Harry can go that Lana Mae can't! Well,maybe the men's room but Lana Mae doesn't want to go there anyway! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Getting the door held open in girl mode is pretty awesome.

Have had the Door held by the doormen and got "Good Evening Ma'am"s, but I don't really think that counts, It's their job. Same thing applies to other staff positions.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Very nice Lana Mae! You're checking off a lot of firsts these days
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I get doors held open for me a LOT MORE in male mode.

Of course, Robert's over 75. Sherry's no more than 45!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I get called ma'am all the time. Even in male mode when I shave and have the air down.

Tracii: Yes, it sure is!
    Leslie: Yes, the man holding the door was another customer!
    Macey: Yes they seem to be flying by! LOL
    Doc: Well, Harry is younger than Robert but Lana Mae is older than Sherry! LOL
    Ericka: Strange! The lady at the butcher shop ma'amed me the other day in my "natural" gender! Something I never would have thought she would do! Just strange!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I get it a lot more when my hair is down, and don't have to speak. Ever since I have been letting my hair grow. I can pretty munch walk in to any female clothing store, and get approached, and asked Ma'am you need help finding any thing? That is in till I speak. While I don't have a super deep voice. Its deep enough. I also don't have the typical male facial features.

It's a thing f mine, not sure why. Might be my Southern roots. They're old and deep. I was raised by my Grandparents, DGF was born circa 1899, DGM of 1906 vintage.

So good and proper manners was always proper.

I've actually read and adhere to among other of my readings books a on not only etiquite, but as it would fitting and proper of a Lady 👩.

Interesting read.

Regardless, I hold doors for any fr everyone, yield to others while out shopping, say Ma'am Sir to any and everyone i meet. I NEVER would tend to be inappropriate, rude, or inconsiderate.

I honestly believe that if any and everyone would go back to practicing good and proper etiquette, manners, and respect the World 🌎 would be a lot better off.

It costs nothing, and takes a minimum amount of time and effort.

My "upbringing" was all the more reinforced by my 20 years in the Marines, which only reinforces proper etiquette and manners.

Sometimes, just for kicks and giggles? I cross someone that I'll yield to in crossing paths, and I'll say, .............

"By your leave, .........

It means I'm asking permission to cross or pass you.

It's really about respect. Or as I've heard said, " God loves em' if no one else does!"

Interestingly enough? In Japan 🇯🇵(I lived there for four years), the first two years of school 🎓, the only thing that is taught?

Are proper manners, personal interaction, behavior, etiquette, ...........

I hold the door for everyone too. Shame it gets taken utterly for granted way too often.

It'll be interesting to see how I feel or react if it happens when I eventually enter the world en femme.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh and ignore the stereotype. Us Brits are a crude lot generally. Lol

My military up bring also made proper manors automatic. I was an officers BRAT from birth, then an enlisted, then a civil servant on a military post. Hiding being a CDer back then was very hard.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Ericka: I have male pattern baldness! I need my wig! LOL
    Dana: Well, I am a Yankee transplant and am often more polite than those around me! I too believe in Please and Thank You and good manners!
    Abbie: Funny, I got one of my first "ma'am" s when I held the door for a man on crutches and his female companion!
    Leslie: I also got some of mine from the Air Force! I was not dressing yet, but the manners kind of stuck!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I love getting ma'ad! Although the first time it happened my wife had to point out that the person was talking to me!