Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to dress

Want to dress

Hi

I want to get dressed up. Make up , nice short dress and heels. where do I start. As I have no ladies clothes or anything.

Lisa blue

Wow talk about fresh meat!
    Your profile says you're 34. Have you crossdressed at all in the past? Most of us start in our teens or earlier. If you have then I guess the best advice is slowly. Your style will quickly evolve as you learn what suits you. Same with makeup. So buy a little, and cheaply. Charity shops/goodwill are a great place to start. And some modest makeup. Don't buy expensive until you have a sense of what look you're after.

Finally, but crucially, examine yourself and understand as much as you can about why you want to do this. If you have a life partner they should be told if this is going to stick. Do you want to transition? Is this just sexual? Recreational? Or do you feel a need to express yourself as feminine? All these and more will guide you and lead to fewer miss-steps as you progress.

I'm tempted to call fake profile here. Lisa, why are your posts so sparse and repetitive? I've looked through your posts and I don't see any character whatsoever. Hey, shoot me to pieces if I'm wrong.... maybe you're just shy, which is fine, but give us something.

Lisa, for us to help you we need to know about you, your profile is very sparce so its difficult to get a slant with so little to go on
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Get on eBay, find things you like the look of, cheaply and order them. If you like them keep them if you don't, donate it to charity or sell it back on.

As with the others, give us some detail about yourself and you history and we can help you with more detail.
    Xx

From your previous posts, it sounds like you have been a CDer for several (8??) years.

What do you wear if you don't have any lady clothes? How does you wife not like your CDing if she's never seen you in lady's clothes?

I think the place to start is to find some lady clothes that appeal to you and try them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa-blue View Post
    Hi

I want to get dressed up. Make up , nice short dress and heels. where do I start. As I have no ladies clothes or anything.

Lisa blue
    You start by getting yourself some ladies clothes, of course! You can’t wear what you ain’t got. Start with something simple like a skirt and build from there. Don't expect to look great right off the bat.

Once you’ve accumulated enough clothes for outfits, and assuming you are in a somewhat TG friendly area, consider getting a makeover before buying a wig in a store. Best way to do it, imo.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Shopping trip. Thrift stores! Once u try on a few women's things you'll have a million GOOD questions!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi all

Thank for the reply’s. I’m not fake. Had some clothes in the past which were thrown away. My wife does not like it so I’m going to do this when I’m on my own.
    I’m a bit confused but trying to understand my feeling.

Thank you again

Banned Read only
    So go buy some clothes then. The only thing stopping you is yourself.

Lisa- blue, I can relate. I've never fully dressed but would like to. I have no means to store clothing, though, so that adds a huge degree of difficulty. Storing bras and panties out of sight is one thing; even a blouse and skirt would be unacceptable in my home.

First, get a measuring tape, and measure your waist and chest.
    Look up some clothing stores and figure out what size you are.
    Go to a thrift shop and find some clothes you like in your size. Skirts, pants and blouse are easiest to fit, b/c you can get different size for the top and bottom.
    Try them on, and pick out what you like,
    Pay for them, and take them home.

Start small, and keep going back.

Kelli

Get a storage locker to store your clothes. Not all that expensive.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

What's with the lack of trust, ladies?
    Plenty here have empty profile. So?!
    Plenty lurk, maybe get the courage to post once in a blue moon. And maybe hostility drives them back into silence until their frustration proves more powerful and they try again, saying the same things as previously.

I started posting day one and haven't shut up, but I never forget that others aren't as outspoken as me.

I asked for clarification and detail in my own reply, but outright suspicion and veiled accusations? We're better than that, surely.

Aspiring Member
    Many good suggestions already, here's one more suggestion. Browse Amazon! Many inexpensive dresses available and if you really pay attention to fabrics, many can be packed and or stored easily without terrible wrinkling.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones and can wear normal women's sizes. It will take some experimentation to find what works for you

If you're worried about being seen shopping for fem stuff, go shopping in another town where no one knows you. I'm sure you'll find more tips if you do a search through these forums. But you still have to learn thru experience so get started!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I started typing a reply this morning but life got in the way....

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum. I was in your shoes not too long ago as I am new to this lifestyle and loving every minute of it. If you are comfortable shopping in the wild stores like Lane Bryant are great to the crossdressing community. The SAs provide a comfortable environment to shop in. Just walk in and own up it. Thrift shops are another good choice. If you rather shop on the internet Amazon has just about everything you need. Mist important have fun and enjoy the journey.

Hugs,
    Robin

Amazon is fine but watch out for Asian sizing as it is small compared to USA sizing and UK sizing as well! Get your measurements first off! All of the many suggestions are good! If using internet stores, be sure to use their individual sizing charts as they vary widely from store to store! Now loaded with all this advise-do it! Best wishes for successful shopping! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

This^^^

Amazon was my go to when I started dressing 23 months ago. However, I've since got rid of 90% of what I bought (cheaply) on there. Buying ad hic from the far east turned out to be somewhat of a false economy. Sizing was a big factor, as was poor quality synthetic fabrics. But my rapidly-evolving personal femme tastes were probably the biggest issue.

Amazon has come far more into its own now I have confidence in my sizing in some favourites brands.

Lots of good places have already been talked about.
    But here is my take on things
    amazon good place but be very careful of the Chinese sizing you could go up to a 5x lol
    ebay is pretty good and again be very careful about Chinese sizing as it could take you almost a month and a half to get it.
    thrift stores are the one to go to starting out.
    if you have to have something shipped get a po box
    ebay and amazon start a new account with your name Lisa
    but have fun and be careful if you need more advice ask

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Once you have some clothes and makeup that you maybe buy online you will hopefully gain enough confidence to go shopping while dressed. Buying in person is great. Eventually you may get to visit ladies clothing shops,lingerie shops beauty salons and have great advice from women. Getting started is hard but I hope it’s the beginning of a long and exciting journey!

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedrake View Post

I started posting day one and haven't shut up
    Isn’t this the truth!
    Crissy

I'm speechless at the betrayal!
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T. S. Eliot

How glorious it is, and also how painful, to be an exception - Alfred De Musset

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage - Seneca

We suffer more often in imagination than in reality - Seneca

Good advice all round . Another you could try is go into a large store make sure its a time when there are only a few people in there maybe just after opening first thing in the day, but something inocuous but femenine say hose or even a plain top, then go to a check out which has a good que iwaiting, that way everybody will want to go through as quick as they can plus the sa on the till will not have the time to make any comment, after that shopping in person should become easier and less nerve wracking. have fun thats what life is for.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

If you have a problem buying and storing clothes etc., why not try one of the many dressing/transformation services that can be found in most UK cities.