Thread: Broke a sweat at the Counter.. admitted my CDing

Talking Broke a sweat at the Counter.. admitted my CDing

Yeah interesting day to say the least. But a good turn out.

I was out and about and made a quick stop into one of my favorite local thrift shops. But it was the other clerk, not my usual that knows pretty much everything. I bought a blouse and got my son a few shirts. On my way out of the door, I noticed there was a pair of knee high pleaser purple drag queen boots for $13 in my size. These boots retail at $70 and I am a huge pleaser brand shoe or boot girl. As I stopped to turn up the aisle to look at them. A guy and his girlfriend stopped and starred at me, it made me uncomfortable. So I proceeded to leave. It bugged the crap out of me for an hour straight. An hour passed I hurried back to the store before I headed to work. I grabbed the boots and rushed to the counter. I set the boots next to the register. The clerk goes, "is your wife gonna like these?", I said "I'm not sure. They're actually for me." She stopped for a second and replied with "are you a crossdresser?" I said "yep" and "I'm into drag". She says "well, that's fantastic. I can help you with anything you need here. I also love drag. She goes with your personality you would make a great crossdresser or drag queen." I said well thank you. She also offered to come watch me perform sometime.

So the moral of the story is that just cracked a whole new level for new dresses. Cause they admitted a local drag queen brought in some stuff they would love for me to try on. And they will hook me up with a great deal. And they think it's close to my sizes.

Not gonna lie, this definitely broke a sweat on me though at the counter cause I barely ever talked to this lady. As my usual clerk wasn't there. Whew!!!

But that pause almost made my jaw drop. I had to share this with you all. Atleast they all know now. As another worker/clerk was standing right smack next to her. And mind you I was dressed as my Male self through all this. LoL good times
    Last edited by Kaylin; 07-18-2019 at 11:50 PM.

What an excellent turn of events!

And thank God for that lol That pause was pretty priceless though. Cause I didn't know what she was about to say. And Btw Thank you Tracy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sometimes everything just goes right for a change LOL.
    I used to go to this one check cashing place and I complimented the girl working there on her dress.
    She said she got it from a guy that did drag.
    I told her I CD'd some and she said no way really? She said anytime you want to swap clothes like jeans or tops let me know.
    I bagged up a bunch of stuff up and dropped it off a few weeks later.
    She brought a bag in a few days later and we swapped some things.
    She became a cool shopping buddy after that.

Omg that is sooo friggin cool Tracii. It's crazy how things can turn out. When you least expect it. Crap, I thought for a second, this lady is gonna grab the boots an throw them behind the counter. Thankfully she didn't. But that pause just omg.... yikes.. I could feel the sweat drip up fast lol

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah one of those moments where you don't know what is going to happen.

Kaylin, WOW, What a great turn of events and now you have them on the lookout for things for you.
    Crissy

Kaylin, That is a great story. Most people are OK with it as you found out.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Kaylin,
    You learn to ignore those looks and the comments !

It's much easier to shop dressed so you don't have the problem but I have had some fun moments shopping in drab .

I was in a charity shop looking for a jacket , there were two older ladies going through the racks so I commented about not being many jackets . One lady looked me up and down and then pointed to the male racks saying , " The men's stuff is over there !" So when I insisted I wanted a lady's jacket she repeated what she'd said again but more emphatic . I ended up buying two pairs of wedge sandals instead but did strike it lucky in another charity shop where I found a lovely Next fitted jacket .

The lesson to learn in charity/goodwill shops is grab it while you can , when I saw a pair of black, heeled, Italian leather boots in my size I snatched them off the shelf and didn't care who saw me , you don't get £100.00 + boots for £12.50 very often .

Just to make you smile , in one charity shop there was a whole shelf of 5" heeled shoes and boots in so many bright colours in sizes (UK) 8,9 10 . I commented about them to the SA and she replied , " Oh a lady brought them in saying she couldn't wear them anymore ", I thought , some lady !
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-19-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Cheers to everything working out well and you having another ally in your crossdressing endeavors.

Jeers to the couple who couldn’t mind their own business and made you uncomfortable while you were shopping. I’m glad nothing came of it, but here’s a phrase I keep in mind in the event I’m questioned by random busybodies: “How do you feel about strangers who walk up to you and tell you how to live?” So far, I haven’t had to use it.

But yeah, in thrift stores you gotta grab things when you find them, or buy them and pick 'em up later if they'll let you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I've discovered that these days the ladies behind the counter are a pleasure to deal with. You just need your blinkers on when you're perusing the stock. Ignore the other customers!
    Last edited by Thelise; 07-19-2019 at 12:10 PM.

That’s why you should just kick in the door with a giant flamboyant “Hieeee!” And let the world know you’re a queen from the get-go. (Also if you’re serious about doing drag, if you can get another girl’s old clothes, that will be a huge boon. Off the rack can be cute, but sooner or later you’ll need something a bit more couture)

Glad things worked out for you, Kaylin.

The first time I had admitted to a store clerk that I was a CD, I had called ahead of time to inquire as to whether they catered to CDs and if they did wig maintenance. When she answered in the affirmative, I made an appointment to drop them off. I was in drab. When I picked them up, in drab, she offered to trim them for me so I donned them and sat in the chair so she could style them. That’s when a couple of GGs walked in to browse. I was in plain sight, an obvious male wearing a wig and getting it trimmed. I even tried different breast forms on in the dressing room while those girls were there. I was more apprehensive about that than I was with just the clerk knowing.

This experience, however, gave me the courage to come in a second time, in drab from the waist up, wearing women’s slacks, tights, and platform pumps. The purpose of the visit was to look for a new pair of shoes and be able to try them on and walk around in them , in-store, which I did. Funny, no real nerves this time. I did find a cute pair of heeled booties.

You are lucky. not so lucky around here.
    Sounds like, to me, that the SA is the Drag Queen or has a husband who is a CDer. Around here we have some women perform in the local CD shows as a DQ. I personally don't think it is proper for a woman to be a Drag Queen, but I don't make a fuss about it.
    Yes i have photos of her with her DQ father.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-19-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Thanks everyone. My God how I can relate to these stories. LoL minus the one clerk that I know. I wish I would of told them from the get go that I was CDer or into drag. But I couldn't get myself to do it. I gotta another situation I have to share too. So theres this store near my house that sells mostly new and some gently used womens clothes. This store has 90% of womens clothes and maybe 2 little racks of mens clothes. But the entire store is filled from top to bottom womens clothes. And I had seen by a Facebook post that the store was hurting for business. I stopped in and bought 2 skirts and 2 tops. Which I'll wearing this weekend for my pics. But as I walked in the store it was empty and the lady behind the counter says. The mens section racks are in the corner. I said oh okay. I'll go check it out. After I hurried and went through them. I said ya. I don't need any of these thanks though. I mentioned they had a ton of womens clothes. I started searching through them. That's when she started firing questions at me. She said are you married? I said yeah. She goes wheres your wife. I said in the car. She goes oh okay. I started grabbing some tops. She then says how come she didn't come in here. I said she is on a phone call with work. I then said well I get tired of online shopping all the time. I like spending $ in these local businesses. She says yeah the online shopping is hurting us. I said well I'm always happy to spend my money in stores. She goes well your welcome to come anytime. I said well I will. But she got really weird about it. This store lucky to get 10 customers in one day. Before I left she said well I hope you come back. I said I will. I spent more then she made in two days. But right away she got really weird about a guy buying womens clothes. But at the end of the day I'm spending my $ inside of the store they own. The outfits I got are super cute. Some of them sell online for 5× more the price than what I paid. But this lady really was stinging me right away. But a store that's hurting should be happy about anyone spending money at that point. Its interesting how people react sometimes.
    Last edited by Kaylin; 07-19-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r lucky, Kaylin. The thrifts I frequent in SoCal r mobbed! In my 20 years of shopping here not one clerk has asked why a guy is buying all these women's things.

And, my incidents with other customers r too few to mention. I wish I could find ones that didn't have lines waiting for the cashier!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Kaylin. Glad to hear you got to go shopping. Some wives will not let their CD DQ even buy things out right.
    Sounds like the SA is new to Cross Dressing and/or even being a SA. You should build a repour with one SA and they will soon know you are a CDer.
    Your next trip, try to allow enough time to try on your selections in the "Fitting Room".
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-19-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Thanks doc Ya alot of the thrift stores in my area are always dead. I think the only one that is always busy is a store called savers. But all the small ones and goodwills are always a ghost town. I also think alot of people in my area are definitely not used to my type. Buying clothes etc. I also think its the curiosity that makes them ask questions. That will never stop me though. I love buying outfits and shopping womens clothes. I been on a pretty good streak of luck finding super cute outfits in my size. Atleast I don't have to ever wait in line lol

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks leslie yeah my next trip to that same store I'll be in the fitting rooms for a longtime. I told them on Monday I'm stopping by to try on half the dresses lol

WOW what a bit of luck.
    Angie

Hi Kaylin,

This is such a cool story. I am so happy things work out for you. Now you have two SAs looking out for you.

Robin

Thank you Angie and Robin ya its always a good thing to have another on my side. More dresses with less rush time. pretty lucky on that note.

So...in went a new Goodwill down the street from where I live. Now, I am by no means the most self- assured person out there but the simple fact is, one can get good deals at the Goodwill. One day I was in drab and just stopped into look. I found a nice pink top and it was actually in my size, so you know, for 5 dollars, I bought it. Went to the counter and took out my money. The elderly sales clerk looked me and my pink shirt and at me and I suddenly had to break the tension. "Yes, it's for me!" Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open. I'd like to think she was ulta conservative, but I don't know. Silently we concluded the transaction. Now, we both have stories