Thread: Living two lives

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

Living two lives

Talking to my wife yesterday I was whining about how exhausted I was, and how little it seemed like i had accomplished on the day with no work. For instance I used to watching the Tour de France daily in July, now I'm days behind the nightly recap show, and just don't seem to have the time or interest. She asked how much time I spent doing girly things, the answer was at least a few hours. "You're trying to live two lives at the same time," she told me, it's like burning the candle at both ends.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Your wife makes a solid point there.
    Try just being you and don't worry about trying to be two entities.
    Mix your girl and boy selves into one being.That doesn't mean wearing a skirt in guy mode out in public every day.
    Just be yourself.

I got a feeling there must be more you’re feeling you’re not doing; as the activities you are describing are basically watching TV and wearing clothes.

Yes, there’s duality in what you’re doing, but if all one does is get dressed and stay at home, is it really a double life? Or even one life, if it comes to that?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I got a feeling there must be more you’re feeling you’re not doing; as the activities you are describing are basically watching TV and wearing clothes.

Yes, there’s duality in what you’re doing, but if all one does is get dressed and stay at home, is it really a double life? Or even one life, if it comes to that?
    Yes, there is more to it, despite what the post says I'm really pretty active. In fact I think that's what's got me so worn out, for example I usually spend about 15 hours a week riding or walking, I'm avid photographer, do alot of product photography for my wife, build and fly, and look for lost drones. Doing makeup, getting dressed, and taking photos, recording videos, takes surprisingly more time then you might think.

Mix your girl and boy selves into one being.That doesn't mean wearing a skirt in guy mode out in public every day.
    Just be yourself.
    Excellent advice, I should think of that more often. I think way to much of my time and mental energy goes into worrying about stuff that really doesn't matter.

Platinum Member
    I think you summed it up nicely when you indicated "I'm fairly active. In fact I think that's what's got me so worn out." Sometimes a person has to just sit back and do nothing. Making too many obligations is totally draining. When I am totally drained I like to go down to a secluded beach at the seashore with a chair and sit facing the water. No sounds other than the waves and sea gulls. I do not necessarily agree with your wife that you're living two lives. Even if you were a GG isn't what you're doing going to burn out any person? Sounds as if you're making too many obligations to self and others.

Stephanie wrote: No sounds other than the waves and sea gulls
    I agree that's one of the most relaxing activities. I must do it soon. The gulls come into the city sometimes, but not the waves.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Relaxing is different for everyone. Not everyone can sit and listen to the ocean. Not everyone finds meditation relaxing. These kind of relaxing activities simply free my mind to think of new ideas for Sherry!
    But, I KNOW what I find relaxing. What I'm doing now is one of them!

U need to find activities that relax u, Sarah. Relaxing will help u to balance out your life. Help u to realize which things r actually important to u and which r simply habitual and white noise!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sarah, you can watch the tour in girl mode.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".