Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can say is straight men are lame!

I have to be pretty drunk to get in the mosh pit and thankfully dancing has nothing to do with slamming and at 49 one or two songs has me knackered

Banned Read only
    Lame! I am 54 and speaking of mosh pits... "I wanna shimmy shimmy shimmy till the break of dawn, yeah!..."

I am a pretty shy person, and it took me until i was in the military, to ask a lady to dance with me. Decades later, in my late 40's, joined a few singles clubs with dances, and did a lot of dancing, though still pretty shy. I tend to overdo everything, so did make a fool of myself at times, like Gomer Pyle dancing! I have never tried going dancing as a lady. At almost seven feet in heels, not sure if i would ever have the nerve to.

Banned Read only
    I am beginning to think the lameness is a Millennial thing... Last Friday after the drag show it was "Flashback Friday" with the DJ playing 80s-90s music. Being old and not really into dance music in the 80's and 90's the best we could come up with was Rock Lobster by the B52's. The DJ seemingly wouldn't play it, and was still asking for requests, after an hour had passed my wife goes up and talks to the DJ, and comes back and says the DJ said "You know that song is seven and a half minutes long?" I guess he was concerned that Millennial's cant dance for more than three and a half minutes at a time!

Eventually we talked him into playing it and it bought everyone onto the dance floor!

Aspiring Member
    Gomer was a hoot when he danced

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I step all over my wife's feet

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]
    Last edited by char GG; 08-14-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Too personal

I'm starting to question weather or not there really are any "straight" men
    i'm on a few dating sites and it's all supposed "straight" men that look at my profile and message me
    yet for some reason women won't go near me lol

When I am in Drab I like to do the Jitterbug, Lindy and Shag, but I'm just bored to death with the stand in one place, shuffle your feet, and wave your hands kind of stuff that passes for dancing nowadays. It's hard, however, to find a partner who knows how to do the stuff I like. I didn't like the music very much, but I loved to do disco steps back in the Dark Ages, too!

Sad to say, the demise of dancing, ( I'm talking about two people holding each other) was a truly generational thing. I grew up during WWII and learned to dance in the 50's. It was the Waltz, Fox Trot, Lindy, Jitterbug and then Latin phase entered with the Rumba, Cha Cha, and such but lets not forget the Polka. My dear Wife and I tore up a few dance floors in our time, just fond memories now. Thanks for the shoulder, Ladies.
    Joanne
    Joanne

A friend used to describe himself as "a dancer trapped in the body of a tree"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    When I am in Drab I like to do the Jitterbug, Lindy and Shag, but I'm just bored to death with the stand in one place, shuffle your feet, and wave your hands kind of stuff that passes for dancing nowadays. It's hard, however, to find a partner who knows how to do the stuff I like. I didn't like the music very much, but I loved to do disco steps back in the Dark Ages, too!
    If you live in a decently sized metro area I am sure there are several Lindy Hop dancers. I have no problem finding Lindy events literally every day of the week.

Banned Read only
    Kayla,
    You say that but it's lovely to see a woman sensing the rhythm , some people can stand still and still light up the room .

I must admit the last time I went to a dance , the DJ put some county music on and I grabbed some of the GGs on the dance floor and did , " Strip the willow " with them .

Barn dances have gone out of favour in the UK but I'd like to see them come back , no one dances on the the spot and they are so much fun .

Straight club, gay club makes no difference to me. I'm not a millennial, (that's for damn sure lol) and I'm not a dancer. Just never had the interest, and definitely lack natural talent for it. Just one of those things that doesn't appeal to me.

Karen

I remember, with anger, how my cousins and aunt laughed at, and ridiculed me when I was a kid at a dance. I have never forgotten it and still don't dance now at 72.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Kayla,
    You say that but it's lovely to see a woman sensing the rhythm , some people can stand still and still light up the room .
    What are you talking about Teresa?? It makes no sense as a reply to my post. I was pointing out to StarrOfDelite that if she likes dancing Lindy and the related dances than there really shouldn't be a problem finding those dancing communities in the denser urban cities. That was not a comment on the way people dance at all. Your posting is a complete non sequitur.

Banned Read only
    What you experienced is understandable. However, stop to think of how much power you gave your cousins and aunt over your life. You gave it to them, they forgot about it decades ago and you are still enslaved by it. It's time to take it back. Break free and go dancing. Tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaela Jane View Post
    I remember, with anger, how my cousins and aunt laughed at, and ridiculed me when I was a kid at a dance. I have never forgotten it and still don't dance now at 72.