Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can say is straight men are lame!

Banned Read only

I can say is straight men are lame!

last night my wife and I went out to the Friday drag show at our local club. We always stick around and dance afterwards. The club that has the drag show is of course the local "gay bar" and always has an hoping dance floor with a good mix of people.

Around midnight we decided to go grab a snack up the street. On our way there we noticed one of the old clubs we used to go to was reopened so we decided to go in.

Now this was a predominantly straight club, and all I can say is straight men are lame!

Honestly, in a club full of millennials a 53 year old transwoman should not be the only GM on the dance floor!

I actually find that quite sad! Of course, I am a 68 yo male who never learned to dance so I would not be out there! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Some of us actually pose a physical hazard to others on a dance floor.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't know. I've been to straight and gay clubs here and in Asia. I can't count the number of times my T buddy Cindi and I were the 1st ones on the dance floor. Dressed or not!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Some of us actually pose a physical hazard to others on a dance floor.
    I am one of those types because I can't dance at all.
    I have slow danced enfemme with a few guys recently and faked my way thru' it.

Banned Read only
    Well I do have to admit I was just as lame as a straight guy, except for some Moshing in the 90's, I rarely danced and would only slow dance at that. The past few years before I came out I danced more at parties but we never just went out dancing like we do now. My wife has said if she knew all it would take was me wearing a dress to get me to take her out dancing we would have done it a long time ago. As I literally dance circles around her now and have more stamina.

{more'...}
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I am one of those types because I can't dance at all.
    I hear people say that all the time. I can't dance, my wife and I have even took lessons and failed. We like to say I am rhythm impaired and she can't be lead. But I look at it like this now... First off look at any busy dance floor, the majority don't know how to dance. Some music is easier to dance to than others. I need a pronounced and relatively fast beat, high energy music. Sometimes I have to close my eyes and listen for a beat I can concentrate on. When dancing I am looking up at the lights, or over everyone head not at anyone around me except my partner. One time a GG that really knew how to dance complemented me on my "dancing face", the motion she made as she said "It just looks so..." makes me think she would have said "blank".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-20-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Wow, ladies! I'm somewhat at a loss right now. You poor folk!! I mean, sure I didn't dance as a kid cos I felt awkward, but by 14-15 years of age I'd decided to hell with that! I've been dancing without self-consciousness (albeit badly) for the 33-34 years since.

In fact it's one of the biggest sadnesses of my wife's disabilities that she and I are no longer able to dance like we once did. Sure, we can kinda dance together with her in her wheelchair but it's hardly the rhythmic foreplay it once was.

Again, I would never claim to be a good dancer, but I'm a happy one and that's more than half the battle. It's also the part that can't be taught.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 07-20-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T. S. Eliot

How glorious it is, and also how painful, to be an exception - Alfred De Musset

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage - Seneca

We suffer more often in imagination than in reality - Seneca

Silver Member
    Maybe a generational thing. I don't remember dancing being a big thing when I was a kid (late 80s/early 90s.) Other than some moshing I don't remember ever dancing per se, we would just kind of stand around on a dance floor near someone and move around.

My former girlfriend (a baby boomer) once wanted to go ballroom dancing like she did when she was young. I, being gen x, was like... umm... I have no idea how to do that. She said guys knowing how to dance was common back when she was a teenager.

Vickie, you’re talking about the HEYDAY of dancing at gay clubs. Late 80’s early 90’s you’re talking vogueing and whatnot. I was a little more of a early to mid 90s kid as far as my club life but the gay clubs were always the place to go for dancing back then. At least in my neck of the woods.

I’d also like to add that learning to dance is a great way to learn to move more like a woman as well.

What millenial needs dancing and other meatspace social rituals when smart phones are so much more enticing.😗

Platinum Member
    You have to grow up in the right neighborhood. Back in the 1960's everyone danced to rock and roll. Additionally, my social group was blessed with a young Greek woman who introduced us to line dancing. If you got the right culture men will dance with men. Now being aged and falling apart slow dancing is about it.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have always felt self conscious when dancing but not when I'm crossdressed.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    You have to grow up in the right neighborhood. Back in the 1960's everyone danced to rock and roll. Additionally, my social group was blessed with a young Greek woman who introduced us to line dancing. If you got the right culture men will dance with men. Now being aged and falling apart slow dancing is about it.
    I grew up on rock and roll! That's real dance music. However, u can't move the same way in 5" heels. So, modern, slow, boring EDM is more suited to hi heels. And, what Micki said is true. One T club had mirrored walls. I would study my dance moves for hours!

Plus, guys can't dance alone. But, GG and T girls can!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Roberta, if you saw my dance moves, you would not want to see me on the dance floor. Truthfully, my wife loves to dance and I do go dancing with her all the time. I love it when she is happy. So despite my pitiful moves, I make it out there.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    A very good point , at an open Xmas party I danced with several attractive women while their male partners were more than happy to prop up the bar .

Lana,
    You are missing some fun, last Friday night at our summer ball I spent most of the night on the dance floor .

Sherry ,
    You're so right , I can't remember the last time I saw a guy by himself on the dance floor but a GG or T girl will often attract others to join them , I love it especially if I've chosen the right shoes and can wear them all night .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-21-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I step on my dance partner's toes. Better at propping up the bar

I'm a dancing fool that can easily embarrass anyone I'm dancing with. That's why I don't get on the dance floor. If I get out there it's all over!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I have two left feet and neither of them work when it comes to dancing. I have tried, but know my limitations. My wife's feet have the same problem so we get along just fine because neither of us want to dance.

Banned Read only
    I finally found something I can post about. I've dreamed about going out dancing and I have at times, but I always felt self conscious because I didn't know how to dance in a feminine way. I am well on the way to solving this issue and so I thought I'd share since so many in this thread say they can't dance.

Believe me, I couldn't either. Zero rhythm. Didn't even really know what to do with my body.

I have this dance club very near my house that I've been to many times en femme. They're accepting and I've never had any issues there, though it's not a gay club. It's actually in the southern burbs of Houston, very far from the gayborhood. But I only danced there when I was with my ex SO, who was very accepting and we'd dance together. Now that I'm flying solo, the thought of getting on the dance floor is quite intimidating.

So about 4 weeks ago, I was watching youtube videos about club dancing for women and came upon a set of videos that I really liked. The teacher was sweet and the lessons were very rudimentary and explained really well. And it felt great each time she'd complete a lesson she'd say, "Good job, ladies".

After watching a few of them, I decided to invest in the complete course. And then every day after work, I would do a lesson, then put on some dance music, position a large mirror where I could watch myself and practice an hour or more, fully dressed.

Girls, I'm telling you seriously, I have transformed my dance skills in just 4 weeks. And I'll tell you, I am such an uncoordinated mess, that each new lesson, I thought, "I'll never get this." But I just kept practicing slow and then speeding it up. And when I'd add the hand styling, my hips would forget where they were and I'd lose the beat. But I just kept battling through it. Now I can do every lesson, including the "girly bounce", which I thought I'd NEVER get, with ease.

I'm not sure how they feel about links in here so I'm not going to post one yet but if you go to youtube and search "girly bounce", it's the first result. And that will lead you to where you can purchase the course, if you like. I highly recommend it.

I haven't gone to the club yet, but I'm definitely ready. And I'm still practicing in front of a mirror about 5 days a week to develop that muscle memory.

Banned Read only
    That is a really good idea Duana, and not that difficult. honestly I am sure I look like a fool out there on the dance floor but for goodness sake I am already our in public in a dress it seems kind of silly to to embarrassed to dance. As for the girly bounce I find that came easy. It was second nature to add a little bounce to my dancing to keep the breast forms in motion Makes my wife jealous
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-22-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    All I can say , as a straight male, is... If I'm out in town, which is a rare thing, I admit, I'm in Drab and I'm dancing. Why else would you be there girls.

I actually have had nightmares about dancing. Its a weird phobia I guess.(real shame as my wife LOVES to dance) But I've often imagined that enfemme I could enjoy it. I admit I'm weird.😬

You don't want to see on the dance floor anyways

Silver Member
    I'm a child of the 50s. Then it was waltz and fox trot, which I did quite well, even some of the dances of the 20s (they were fun!). As dancing changed, I tried to waltz to a rock and roll beat. Didn't work, but I could do the twist pretty well. Waltz and fox trot now only at wedding receptions, by request, with a bunch of seniors who have replaced joints.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    So true lol the last time I went dancing in public it was for my birthday on Halloween so naturally the dance floor is mixed with all ages and genders.

My girlfriends 11 year old was surprised that I know 95% of today's dancing. My mom taught me when I was around 5 years old and I only recently stopped due to my disability.

Even if you have ZERO rhythm it's not about that. It's about enjoying the vibe and the person you're dancing with. Even the music becomes less important compared to the "moment", and I'm a musician.

Go out, have fun, let go!!!!!!!!!