Thread: Shopping and more shopping

Shopping and more shopping

Today was the first day I got to dress in over a month.

I'm in a clothing swap Meetup that consists almost entirely of GGs. This time there were two TGs, including me. I've been going to this clothing swap for over 10 years now, and it's always a great time. The rules are pretty simple. Bring five pieces of clothing and two accessories, and take home as much as you can carry. I filled a big blue IKEA bag today, but I don't really know what will fit and look good on me. Unlike the GGs, I can't just hold a dress up and determine if it will fit. So, I take clothes that look like they will fit, and if they don't, I just bring them back to the next swap.

I really go for the social interaction as much as anything. There aren't many places I can go where 40 or 50 girls treat me just like any other girl.

The swap didn't last very long today. It was just a swarm of girls picking out clothes and then dispersing.

Since the swap got over early, and I still had some time before I was "due back home", I decided to go to the Talbot's Outlet store. They had hundreds of one-piece swimsuits on sale for $14.95, an incredible bargain for swimsuits that "originally listed" for over $100. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure of my size. I was just about to chicken out, when I decided to ask an SA for help. She helped me pick out a swimsuit in size 12, and told me to go into the changing room and try it on, and she would come take a look at it. Remember, Talbots only sells women's clothes.

So, I tried it on, and then 2 more that she brought to me. The first one had normal straps and the second two were halters. I could feel the halters almost falling off of me, and the bust line was cut straight across at the bust. The one I bought had a shirred torso, and more coverage over my bust.

You can do just about anything if you put your mind to it.

I'll try to add pics later.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

A cloth tape measure can be very useful for figuring out what will fit and what doesn't. If it doesn't fit, measure it where it doesn't and write it down. A pattern may emerge.